Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can check in at any time, but you may not be able to go straight to the room. We will be checking in at 1, and will leave our luggage with guest services and go to the park if our rooms are not ready yet.

I would add a note that you will be there early morning, maybe they can arrange for you to check into a previously unoccupied room, you might be able to go in right away then.

I just returned from a weekend stay at Coronado. I had previously stayed there many years ago. With the cheer competition there this weekend there was not much hotel availablility, so I decided on Coronado. I have to say I was just not really happy there. It started when we checked in at 2:15. I had requested building 1 or 3, building ( preferred) first floor, as I had two sets of luggage I needed to transport. She said they had me booked in building 3 floor 1, but they did not have any idea when it would be ready and probably would be after 3:00. She probably told me four times, that rooms did not ahve to be ready before 3. I understood that, but she was telling me it would be after 3. I needed to unload my luggage to go to the airport to pick someone up, so I really needed the room then. I ended up in building 2 floor 2. I was not happy. I guess what really bothered me was her attitude, she was not in the disney spirit. The rest of the weekend, I just felt like it was that way. Everyone seemed to just be doing there job, nothing more. When I checked my bags to the airport, he said he couldn't print my boarding pass, because I didnt have seats. I went to the business office and sure enough, had seats and printed my boarding pass. I also still can't undestand how they built this hotel so spread out around the lake. With so many other disney choices, I would not stay here again.

A possible suggestion would be to leave the luggage with bell services until the room was ready.

You can check in at any time, but you may not be able to go straight to the room. We will be checking in at 1, and will leave our luggage with guest services and go to the park if our rooms are not ready yet.

I would add a note that you will be there early morning, maybe they can arrange for you to check into a previously unoccupied room, you might be able to go in right away then.

Great:cheer2:... we are driving so leaving luggage with guess service is nice. I will try to make early arrangement, thank you so much:):

Anyone know about the Purina or Spiritual Living conventions next week? We are booked at CBR but rooms have opened up at CSR so thinking of switching for the queen beds and more updated rooms. We were at CSR once during Grainger, and it was crazy, they closed the Dig Site and 2 quiet pools our last day for the convention, we were very disappointed as that was our resort day. I just called CSR and they weren't sure they were allowed to tell me anything about groups.

Here is the link to the Purina info:
http://www.heritage-trading.com/heritage/pdfs/expos/2014/Expo_Feb2014.pdf

Spiritual Living link, which is not opening for me so I can't see the schedule:
spiritualconvention.csl.org/‎

It sounds like this may be a lot with two different conventions at once. Would I be better off staying at CBR?

Anyone know about the Purina or Spiritual Living conventions next week? We are booked at CBR but rooms have opened up at CSR so thinking of switching for the queen beds and more updated rooms. We were at CSR once during Grainger, and it was crazy, they closed the Dig Site and 2 quiet pools our last day for the convention, we were very disappointed as that was our resort day. I just called CSR and they weren't sure they were allowed to tell me anything about groups.

Here is the link to the Purina info:
http://www.heritage-trading.com/heritage/pdfs/expos/2014/Expo_Feb2014.pdf

Spiritual Living link, which is not opening for me so I can't see the schedule:
spiritualconvention.csl.org/‎

It sounds like this may be a lot with two different conventions at once. Would I be better off staying at CBR?

They completely closed all the pools to non-convention guests?? How can they even do that. Hell would hath no fury if they pulled that on me...

In particular I am concerned about the "Dealer Appreciation Party Walt Disney Resort Style - a special day like only Walt Disney World can provide for families and staff." This statement gives me visions of the Dig Site and beach closed with tables set up everywhere for said party like what happened to us during Grainger. :) And we plan to use the Dig Site/hammocks that afternoon.

I was coming down to go to POP from the 28th to the 3rd of March this year. But now I upgraded to CSR, cannot wait, never been there before.

I just did the same thing. We come down on the 25th and just decided to upgrade today to CSR. Cant wait to check it out!

Athrillingchase - Yes! Everyone who wanted to swim had to go to Ranchos and it was really crowded. We checked out of our room that morning, went to MK for early CRT, then came back at noon to spend the afternoon at the Dig Site until our flight later that night. Were shocked to return to find pools closed, tables set up everywhere, even on the beaches. I complained and got the room comped, we would just have stayed at MK had we been given any notice.

Athrillingchase - Yes! Everyone who wanted to swim had to go to Ranchos and it was really crowded. We checked out of our room that morning, went to MK for early CRT, then came back at noon to spend the afternoon at the Dig Site until our flight later that night. Were shocked to return to find pools closed, tables set up everywhere, even on the beaches. I complained and got the room comped, we would just have stayed at MK had we been given any notice.

That is completely unacceptable. It is one thing to give notice, it is entirely another to just throw up a "closed" sign.

Quick question. Is access to the Coconino Club Level Lounge automatically included when booking a business class room?

Checked in at 7am this morning. The cm I had was in training with no trainer in sight with her. She didn't understand I have continuing reservations and gave me a room that was ready but it unblocked the room for Friday after I told her the room didn't need to be ready I had to head to work. She finally got frustrated with not understanding the split stay and got a trainer to take over her phone call. I felt bad giving her a situation at 7am but its reality that that can happen so lesson learned for her I guess and to relax..it's okay lol. They did fix the room as it was early enough and no one else was checking in.

I got my packet and got my mug from qsr ddp mainly to make sure my pin worked which it did. The room was ready and I dropped my stuff off and went to the lounge for breakfast. They had all the same items from the fall when we stayed there. We're at csr for 3 nights before 3 at CBR which looks to be almost sold out according to disney.com so between that and Grainger at CSR we shall see. A guest was at the front desk this morning complaining about cheerleaders up late and running the halls so they must be there too.

I will post more later. My next ?? Is can they cut room keys still for our ddp since we have a sep reservation on Friday without ddp so my parents can use their same bands with aps linked to them....

Last Nov we stayed at the GF and had out last night at CSR due to no room avail at GF. Anyway, when we left GF and got to CSR around noon we were shocked by the lack of greeting from the bellhops, and then we got no offer of help with our luggage but they did politely ask us to move our car to the parking area while we checked in. We really love the feel of the resort & rooms at CS so we are giving it another try in May. So, here is my question....do they offer bell services that will deliver my luggage to my room? We are staying in business class if location to El Centro makes a difference?!

Last Nov we stayed at the GF and had out last night at CSR due to no room avail at GF. Anyway, when we left GF and got to CSR around noon we were shocked by the lack of greeting from the bellhops, and then we got no offer of help with our luggage but they did politely ask us to move our car to the parking area while we checked in. We really love the feel of the resort & rooms at CS so we are giving it another try in May. So, here is my question....do they offer bell services that will deliver my luggage to my room? We are staying in business class if location to El Centro makes a difference?!

We weren't offered any help until we went to bell services to get our garden grocer order. Then they brought our groceries to us in a golf cart and took us and all our carry on items to our room. So it is definitely available, you just might have to ask for it.

This is going to be a long rant.

We were at CSR from the 2nd-8th for our second stay there within the last 15 months and it will most definitely be our last.

Got there on the 2nd at around 8am to attempt to check in and nothing was available for me. I say me because I noticed to my left and right people associated with I think a group from Microsoft were getting rooms, so I asked Pat why could they get a room but you’re telling me that you have no timetable? She initially danced around the question but eventually more or less said that CSR needs to accommodate this large group since they are Disney’s convention hotel. Obviously saying that implied that my business or the business of anyone not associated with this/a group is useless.

So eventually she makes some calls and says that we’ll be on the 3rd floor of 6A and that they would send me a text later as to when my room will be ready. I didn’t want to be all the way across from El Centro and I also didn’t want to be on the 3rd floor but she said that the resort was full that week and that her hands were tied.

Whatever.

So we go to HS for the day and naturally that text about our room being available never came. So we get back around 8pm and after waiting in line for a good 20-25 minutes (only 2 cast members to check people in yet the check in area is packed) it’s finally my turn and the guy I deal with initially says that my room is still not ready which is why I never got a text.

Que pasa?

So I show him the map where Pat circled 6A along with the 3rd floor and he said that room was given to someone else and that he would have to make some calls. So after a few calls he says all he has is 2nd floor in 6B. Oh good, so we’re still on the opposite end of the resort from El Centro, not on the 1st floor and now farther away from the parking lot and pretty much everything else. Again, he’s “sorry” but that’s all they have left for the week.

So we get to the room to find the fridge is not turned on or plugged in, no extra TP in the room plus the roll on the spool has already been started, two of the handles of the dresser are broken/only half attached and behind the bathroom door is a fairly large clump of “hair”.

Awesome.

So I call to get more TP and the hair cleaned up and naturally no one shows up.
We’re tired from the long drive from PA and the day at HS so we opt to go to sleep and fight this tomorrow. So I call the next morning and was told that TP would come and the hair would get cleaned up. We leave for AK and when we come back around 6pm there are four rolls of TP in our room but the hair is still there and now, we have no bath towels.

Now I have to call again to get the hair cleaned up plus bath towels. 45 minutes later they show with the towels plus even more TP since apparently I had just called for both. So now I finally have bath towels along with seven rolls of TP in our room plus the hair still behind the door.

As an FYI, by the time we checked out on the 8th the hair had never been cleaned up and I don’t think our room was vacuumed once during the week plus the handles on the dresser were never fixed.

We also had an incident with one of our dining ADR’s needing to get changed due to the location “opening for dinner” without working ovens so only sandwiches and soups were available. After deciding to go to the pool (which when we get to the pool we find out that Siesta’s had closed before 6 without explanation instead of staying open until it’s posted closing time of 7) and just eat at Pepper Market I attempted to go to the concierge at CSR who said that he would help me out and get me a time at a different restaurant later in the week that he swore wouldn’t conflict with any of our FP times except, he booked it at the exact same time as our FP for Soarin’ which I had to fix myself after I figured that out the next day.

I could go on but it’s exhausting.

Most of the cast members’ attitude’s we encountered at CSR were indifferent at best except for a few at Pepper Market. From Pat’s attitude at check in, being told to expect at text that never came, coming back at 8pm without having a room assigned, coming into a dirty room/not ready room with no other options, to the concierge screwing up an ADR time to having a reservation for a restaurant (it was Captain’s Grill – non CSR I know but it was part of crap week of experiences) that knew all day it wouldn’t have a working oven yet reservations were still being accepted and no one was told until you got there……we had about had it.

Yet of course with Disney you really can’t complain because while everyone is “sorry”, their hands are tied and there is a complete lack of any supervisorial/management presence to step in and either right any wrongs or to compensate you for what are problems that are rooted in their own screwups/oversights.

Overall our time in the parks was fine.
But there is no way we’ll ever spend a nickel at CSR in the future ever again.

Just wanted to give a brief review of our stay. We were there from Jan 31st-Feb 7th, we stayed in the business class section of the hotel and it was fantastic! We were in room 9641, it was on the second floor on the back side, but a perfect location, we just had to go down a flight of stairs and around the corner to both the lounge and to get to the bus station. Our room was very nice, housekeeping did a good job, I left a note one morning for more lotion and came home that night to 5 bottles!! The lounge was great, for the most part the staff was fantastic. In the morning, there was a ton of fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, yogurt and juice. In the evening, there were chips and dip (the leek dip was fantastic) beer, wine, soda and sangria. I know there were some questions about whether the sangria was still offered and it is, you just have to ask for it :) Bus service was fantastic!!! I'll admit I was concerned that 9B is near the last bus stop, but we never had to stand on the bus, we always had a seat, I think the longest we ever had to wait for a bus was 5 minutes and we got to the parks fast too, even MK! We have stayed at value and deluxe resorts before, but this was our first time at a moderate and this was by far our best experience with any of the Disney hotels, we loved it! My husband doesn't even want to try another hotel, he said we will always stay business class at CSR from now on!!

What are the hours for the business class lounge?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I took advantage of the spring discount Disney is offering and reserved 4 nights at CSR at the beginning of April. I've never stayed at CSR and was very excited to try it, but now I'm reading these negative reviews on here from recent stays.

The Spring World 2014 convention will be there while I'm there. Should I switch to another resort? Or still give CSR a try?

We are staying at CSR for the second time this June. We had no problems, and found the beds to be very comfortable, the pool outstanding, the bus service the best of any property. It sounds like the previous poster had an awful experience, and I can't blame him for not wanting to return; however, there are plenty of fabulous reviews of this resort. I can say, I've never stayed during a very large convention, but I would still think his/her experience is the exception, not the rule. (I don't think what occurred is acceptable at ANY property, from value to deluxe...hope that they write a letter to Disney to complain.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter