Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the view from room 9530 in Cabanas 9B. It was in the back and faced the lake that sits between the building and the parking lot. It was a beautiful view and very quiet.

CS_View from 9530 2 by webster63, on Flickr

OMG! This picture looks identical to one that I took from our room in Aug. I had to go look up our room # and we had 9528. So cool! I actually didn't like CSR when we were there, but now that I am home, I REALLY do miss it. ;)
I would definitely stay here again, in BC of course. But it is not on the top of my list. Very quiet resort though. Hope everyone enjoys their stay.

We are trying out AOA cars suite (which is totally NOT a quiet resort lol) in 28 days!!. Then in Dec will be trying out Beach Club for 2 weeks.

Are the magic bands available at check in as well or only in advance? We are checking in to CSR Oct. 18 but made a ressie thru a non disney site. The confirmation number we have won't work on MDE. So we haven't been able to do advance bands. Thanks.
We made our reservations through AAA and have not received an invitation or any word on magic bands, so I was wondering if we'd receive them. Our confirmation number does work on MDE, though.

Are the magic bands assigned to only those iteraries made through Disney Travel?

We made our reservations through AAA and have not received an invitation or any word on magic bands, so I was wondering if we'd receive them. Our confirmation number does work on MDE, though.

Are the magic bands assigned to only those iteraries made through Disney Travel?

Have you tried clicking on some of the links in your MDE? I never got an invitation, but clicking on the Magic Bands and FP+ links, it allowed me to set up MB's for our November stay at BWV. I never would have known if I hadn't started clicking on those links! :thumbsup2

I just changed from Riverside to this resort. I was told that as of right now everyone at every Disney resort can get the magic bands through 11/30. She said they have been getting that pop up message all morning.

I have mine customized and fast passes booked! Good luck y'all!! I have a lot of research to do on this resort. If you have any tips or advice please please let me know. I'm nervous but we moved to be close to friends so I think it will be worth it!!

Rachel,

Thanks, that worked. :)

:thumbsup2

They are supposed to send an email notification, but that part of the new system apparently needs tweaking! ;)

I just changed from Riverside to this resort. I was told that as of right now everyone at every Disney resort can get the magic bands through 11/30. She said they have been getting that pop up message all morning.

I have mine customized and fast passes booked! Good luck y'all!! I have a lot of research to do on this resort. If you have any tips or advice please please let me know. I'm nervous but we moved to be close to friends so I think it will be worth it!!

Don't be nervous. I predict you will be very happy you made the switch. ;) CSR is a beautiful resort. Take time to walk the grounds. The Dig Site (pool area) is wonderful. The CMs are awesome. Enjoy a few peaceful moments in a hammock. :goodvibes CSR is also the only Mod that has a health club! ;)

We made our reservations through AAA and have not received an invitation or any word on magic bands, so I was wondering if we'd receive them. Our confirmation number does work on MDE, though. Are the magic bands assigned to only those iteraries made through Disney Travel?

We booked through AAA also, our MB for CSR package stay showed up about 32-35 days in advance on MDE, leaving us 5days to customize. We also got MB for our POR room only part of our trip, also booked with AAA, at 59 days in advance. Hopefully that helps out? We did online check in for both at the 60 day marks.

Two weeks till we check in! Has anyone gotten a Magic Band invite for check-in before the 14th of Oct?? I did the online check-in and there was no invite like last month at POP and YC. If not, I'm hoping they will be able to activate our previous bands for the 4 nights we stay with the DDP.

:thumbsup2 They are supposed to send an email notification, but that part of the new system apparently needs tweaking! ;) Don't be nervous. I predict you will be very happy you made the switch. ;) CSR is a beautiful resort. Take time to walk the grounds. The Dig Site (pool area) is wonderful. The CMs are awesome. Enjoy a few peaceful moments in a hammock. :goodvibes CSR is also the only Mod that has a health club! ;)

Thank you!! As the day has passed today I have gotten more excited, especially for having an extra day there. We normally stay longer so cutting the trip down has been a little hard for me but it will still be great. I also looked at pictures and it really does look great!

We were able to upgrade to business class and add an extra night to our trip! We'll be there Oct 10-15 and hoping they will activate our magic bands from POP last month! Looking forward to a relaxing long weekend with my DF and the lounge at CSR!

Just got back from our stay and CSR is officially our go-to resort. We went to AKL and Poly for dining on separate nights and just could not believe how chaotic they were. I know a good chunk of people just go there to dine at Ohana and Boma (like we did), but it was easy to spot who was staying there when we waded through the masses, especially the Poly. On top of that, I've read grumblings about POR being packed to the gills, and it's a no-brainer to stay here. We even stayed in the "dreaded" Ranchos section 7B and enjoyed plenty of peace and quiet after the go-go-go of the parks. Everyone at CSR was so nice to us, and you can't beat the bus service. I lost my phone the 2nd night we were there and retraced my footsteps to Panchitos. We were already back at our room and it was 10:45pm. I left a voice message there, not expecting to hear back until the next day but got a call back within 15 minutes saying they had it and it would be at the front desk for me the next day. We didn't hit Maya Grill this time but hit PepperMarket for dinner and breakfast. Service was spot on both times. Food was a mixed bag but more hits than misses. I fell in love with the creme brulee french toast. The bingo cards need to go or at least have better labeling for "entree" "dessert" etc. Or bring back the buffet format and make everyone's life easier. The cancun colada at Siestas was pretty awesome. Room was kept up okay, no towel animals but I'm not going to have a cow over that like some other people do. Loved having the sliding door dividers.

Wow that was rather stream-of-thought there wasn't it? :rotfl2: Guess I needed a brain dump.

Are the mugs/machines turned on yet with the chips in them? When I was visiting friends a few weeks ago they had the machines but were still selling the old mugs (pink blue black). Just wondered how that will work with Pepper Market and the pool bar.

Would someone be willing to describe the closet space in a Standard room, please? I would also love any tips or tricks for clothes storage. We will have 3 adults (and a child) in the room and usually have trouble with storage even in a deluxe room. I am not sure we are capable of travelling light :-)

Would someone be willing to describe the closet space in a Standard room, please? I would also love any tips or tricks for clothes storage. We will have 3 adults (and a child) in the room and usually have trouble with storage even in a deluxe room. I am not sure we are capable of travelling light :-)

Hi, I'm not sure if it's against policy to post references to other websites, but please view the review given for the Coronado Springs Resort from **************.net. Specifically, please see page 2 of the review.
It shows not only the floor plan diagram of the room, but includes a great picture of the exact dresser storage unit that is in the room - in this case it has 6 narrow drawers which I'm sure can be divided among your 3 adults and 1 child in a fair manner (paper-rock-scissors, anyone?). There is also a detailed picture of the "closet"/hanging rod area by the bathroom/sink area so you can judge how much clothes you may be able to "hang" in that area. Of course, the usefulness of this info would depend on whether the set up and furniture at the resort is currently still as detailed in the review, but that website seems to be kept very updated.

Anyway, I hope this info is helpful. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Hi, I'm not sure if it's against policy to post references to other websites, but please view the review given for the Coronado Springs Resort from **************.net.

Thank you Queuing - that is a great resource! The area looks at big as a deluxe closet and the floor space is potentially more usable!

Does anyone know? We are checking in on October 18. Will they be giving out magic bands at check in? We have a non disney site ressie so no advance band offer. Thanks.

You'll get them at check-in.

But you may be able to get your reservation linked to your MDE by calling central reservations and having them look up your Disney reservation number by your name and check-in date. It's worth a try, anyway.

Two weeks till we check in! Has anyone gotten a Magic Band invite for check-in before the 14th of Oct?? I did the online check-in and there was no invite like last month at POP and YC. If not, I'm hoping they will be able to activate our previous bands for the 4 nights we stay with the DDP.

We check in on 10/25 and we got ours last week.

Here is something not many travel agents are sharing with their clients... go to myDisneyExperience and customize your bands, making sure you confirm your mailing address. Thats all I did and I had mine in less than a week. For 10/14, you are too close to customize most likely, but if you confirm your address, you might still get them. try it out. I didnt know I was eligible for them until my agent told me. I did everything right from my phone on the app. Even booked all my fastpasses for the week.

gaJFkk

I think I've decided to book at CSR for first week of Oct '14 - but don't know if I hold book 2 std rooms or 1 jr suite? I really want to be in the Cabanas section and taking jr suites are very minimal there.

Anyone sleep on the pullout sofa ever? What's the quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter