Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've made a change: my trip is now at POR. There are a couple of reasons for that.

1) I've never been to DTD, and am thinking of doing La Nouba for my birthday, so the boat makes some sense.

2) I'll be going in 2011 with my daughter, who has no interest in the Port Orleans resorts. So I'll probably be at CSR with her (unless we get a ridiculously good PIN for a deluxe at which point we'll probably be back at AKL!).

Can I still hang out here?? Please??

Well, I've made a change: my trip is now at POR. There are a couple of reasons for that.

1) I've never been to DTD, and am thinking of doing La Nouba for my birthday, so the boat makes some sense.

2) I'll be going in 2011 with my daughter, who has no interest in the Port Orleans resorts. So I'll probably be at CSR with her (unless we get a ridiculously good PIN for a deluxe at which point we'll probably be back at AKL!).

Fine by me! :goodvibes But you have to promise to sort of like CSR better! :rotfl2:

Well, after MANY changes, I think I may have finalized our trip next month. We are going to the CSR for the first time. I have been trying to plan a trip there for the LONGEST time. Our favorite resort is CR:love:, but we stayed there over springbreak. We have decided with this Aug trip and a surprise (shhhhh) Christmas trip for the kids at Pop, to try some new resorts. Besides the GORGEOUS photos on this site, the one thing that stood out for us were the queen beds. Additionally, the rooms look soooo much like the CR. My DD12 is bringing a friend this year and they (including DS5) are looking forward to the Dig Site. Still not sure if I will even request an area. It seems to me, that each of them have their pros/cons. Next week is final payment and I am starting to get excited!!! We will be there 8/29 - 9/3!!!!

Let me think about it?????
;)
Fine by me! :goodvibes But you have to promise to sort of like CSR better! :rotfl2:

I agree with StitchandPooh'sMom. Only if you promise to "sort of like" CSR better! :)

Well, after MANY changes, I think I may have finalized our trip next month. We are going to the CSR for the first time. I have been trying to plan a trip there for the LONGEST time. Our favorite resort is CR:love:, but we stayed there over springbreak. We have decided with this Aug trip and a surprise (shhhhh) Christmas trip for the kids at Pop, to try some new resorts. Besides the GORGEOUS photos on this site, the one thing that stood out for us were the queen beds. Additionally, the rooms look soooo much like the CR. My DD12 is bringing a friend this year and they (including DS5) are looking forward to the Dig Site. Still not sure if I will even request an area. It seems to me, that each of them have their pros/cons. Next week is final payment and I am starting to get excited!!! We will be there 8/29 - 9/3!!!!

Welcome! I'm sorry I'll personally miss you (we don't arrive until the 17th), but I'm glad you are giving CSR a try. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have before the trip. There are a lot of nice people (and some goofy ones too ;)) who are more than willing to answer them for you.

Do you all have a lime green mickey that you put somewhere? I didn't have one last year but was going to do one this year since there are so many of us at CSR.

I grabbed some awhile ago from Home Depot. They will be hanging from everyone's bag/backpack all week. Putting one in the window is a good idea!

Our plan on the 18th is to arrive at TL for 10am, head back to CSR at some point in the afternoon, then arrive at MK for 4pm for MNSSHP.

That is really funny because I thought the same thing about the rooms at CSR. I had originally wanted to stay at CR back in February, but it was just too expensive for us, so we were going to go for a mod. I loved the look of POFQ (and the size) outside, but thought the rooms looked kind of dated and not that nice...then I stumbled on some pictures of the newly rehabbed rooms at CSR and fell in love. They are beautiful; very sleek and modern and understated. You will love CSR; it is a beautiful resort.

Evenin' everyone. I have become addicted to reading this thread! :rotfl:

I do have a question that I am sure has been addressed, but I can't find the answer. I am staying at CSR during Free Dining. Everyone talks about how awesome the buses are and that there is not a lot of crowd. Does anyone know how crowded the buses are during the Free Dining Promotion (Aug 18th - 23). I really don't mind the crowds..I am mostly just curious.

Thanks!

It is NOT complicated at the Pepper Market. You will be given a card (think of a bingo card with squares on it) for each person in your party. You will take that card up to the station where you order your food and they will stamp what you ordered on the card and give it back to you with your food; the waitress will also stamp your drinks on there. Once you are all done eating, gather up all of the cards and give them to the cashier and she will ring it up. There is a 10% gratuity added. If you want to avoid this, ask for your food to go and sit outside to eat (we often do this so that we can look for "Ally" in the lake or just to enjoy the view). Also, the Cafe Rix has some very nice breakfast and lunch items as well--it is a grab and go.[/QUOTE]

How does the gratuity work when you're on a DDP? Do you just pay for it seperately when you're paying for your food?

Evenin' everyone. I have become addicted to reading this thread! :rotfl:

I do have a question that I am sure has been addressed, but I can't find the answer. I am staying at CSR during Free Dining. Everyone talks about how awesome the buses are and that there is not a lot of crowd. Does anyone know how crowded the buses are during the Free Dining Promotion (Aug 18th - 23). I really don't mind the crowds..I am mostly just curious.

Thanks!

I don't know about during Free Dining, but we were there during President's Week, supposedly one of the busiest weeks of the year, and the busses were fine. They were often half-full, in fact. I don't recall standing more than once.

I don't know about during Free Dining, but we were there during President's Week, supposedly one of the busiest weeks of the year, and the busses were fine. They were often half-full, in fact. I don't recall standing more than once.

Awesome! Thanks. SO EXCITED!!!!!

POR is our "home" resort. I'm going out on a limb giving CSR a try for something different on our upcoming trip. :) I like to mix things up a bit, and if you don't try something new then you'll never know if you're missing out on what could be a favorite.

You will like POR! The boat ride to DTD is so nice. You'll have access to both POR and POFQ's pools. If your schedule allows, see which nights Yehaw Bob is performing in the River Roost and try to catch one of his shows. His shows are fun for all ages.

I will say that we think POR is starting to show wear and tear (the last rehab was 2005) and the newer rooms at CSR were a big draw to us as well as the queen beds and the chance to try a different pool with a longer slide, but we'd be happy with staying at POR again because we still like POR a lot.

We're about 50/50 decided upon where to stay in 2011 with the 2 choices being CSR and POR. They are both great resorts! In the greater scheme of things you can't go wrong with either one. :dance3:

:goodvibes
Let me think about it?????
;)

I agree with StitchandPooh'sMom. Only if you promise to "sort of like" CSR better! :)

Welcome! I'm sorry I'll personally miss you (we don't arrive until the 17th), but I'm glad you are giving CSR a try. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have before the trip. There are a lot of nice people (and some goofy ones too ;)) who are more than willing to answer them for you.

Thanks Kathy!! Even after owning an agency for over 15 years and over 30 trips to the World, I still learn something everyday on these boards!!!:goodvibes

That is really funny because I thought the same thing about the rooms at CSR. I had originally wanted to stay at CR back in February, but it was just too expensive for us, so we were going to go for a mod. I loved the look of POFQ (and the size) outside, but thought the rooms looked kind of dated and not that nice...then I stumbled on some pictures of the newly rehabbed rooms at CSR and fell in love. They are beautiful; very sleek and modern and understated. You will love CSR; it is a beautiful resort.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the PO rooms look dated. I thought that may be part of the theme, but I don't care for the pics at all. Then I saw CSR rooms and thought that it would be a lovely place to stay. We are giving it a whirl in Oct. I have seen many Sept CSR Disers on this thread, any other Oct DISers? We are there over Halloween.:cool1:

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the PO rooms look dated. I thought that may be part of the theme, but I don't care for the pics at all. Then I saw CSR rooms and thought that it would be a lovely place to stay. We are giving it a whirl in Oct. I have seen many Sept CSR Disers on this thread, any other Oct DISers? We are there over Halloween.:cool1:

We are there then too! We arrive the 22nd and leave the 31st! My 28th trip but 1st time to CSR.

We stayed at POFQ 2 years ago and the rooms were dated but I loved the small feel of the resort. This is our last moderate to try. Then hopefully we'll be DVC!!

Maybe we can meet up!!;)

Almost to double digits, but who's counting!:woohoo:

Just upgraded my POP ressie to CSR Waterview (no Standards left with the pin code). YAY!! SO EXCITED!! WE HAVE NEVER BEEN TO CSR!!

We will be there Dec. 8th-11th, 2010. Short trip, but we had to take advantage of the 20/30/40 pin code and I have always wanted to go during the holidays.

Any tips/facts/even Hidden Mickeys! ???

We also are a young couple - any must see's around the resort? Romantic spots?

:banana:

We are there then too! We arrive the 22nd and leave the 31st! My 28th trip but 1st time to CSR.

We stayed at POFQ 2 years ago and the rooms were dated but I loved the small feel of the resort. This is our last moderate to try. Then hopefully we'll be DVC!!

Maybe we can meet up!!;)

Almost to double digits, but who's counting!:woohoo:

We are there the 26th-2nd.
We actually arrive the 25th but stay on points at the DTD Hilton the night before our trips actually "starts." We always like to arrive the evening before so we don't waste time traveling on our 1st day. :goodvibes
It is hard to plan to meet due to the babies' naps, ADRs, etc, but I will try and remember to pick up the lime green mickey heads for our stroller and window. Say hello if you see us!

We are there the 26th-2nd.
We actually arrive the 25th but stay on points at the DTD Hilton the night before our trips actually "starts." We always like to arrive the evening before so we don't waste time traveling on our 1st day. :goodvibes
It is hard to plan to meet due to the babies' naps, ADRs, etc, but I will try and remember to pick up the lime green mickey heads for our stroller and window. Say hello if you see us!

I always try to spot fellow Dis'ers! I will be sporting my Lime Green Mickey head with my user-name on my Donner bag! Keep a lookout!

I requested Casita 4 or Cabana 8A. I wanted to be close to a bus stop (not the main one though) and a reasonable distance from El Centro. I hope I get it!

I always try to spot fellow Dis'ers! I will be sporting my Lime Green Mickey head with my user-name on my Donner bag! Keep a lookout!

I requested Casita 4 or Cabana 8A. I wanted to be close to a bus stop (not the main one though) and a reasonable distance from El Centro. I hope I get it!

I haven't made any requests yet, b/c I just switched from Poly to CSR and I did not have time to research CSR beforehand.
I think I am going to request a casitas.

I haven't made any requests yet, b/c I just switched from Poly to CSR and I did not have time to research CSR beforehand.
I think I am going to request a casitas.

We've stayed in Casitas 4- it was great. We've also stayed in Cabanas 8B which was fantastic! I can recommend Ranchos 7H as well. The Cabanas and Ranchos locations are great for Dig Site access. There's also a walking bridge across the lake that brings you very close to El Centro.
Wherever you stay, you will LOVE CSR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter