Copper Creek Studios

KeriBlujeans

Earning My Ears
I'm looking to make a first time DVC purchase. I've heard the adage "Buy where you want to stay." For me, that's Wilderness Lodge. It was the first Deluxe the family ever stayed at 8 years ago, and it continues to be our absolute favorite. My reservations are these: I'm looking for a longer commitment, so I'm not interested in the 2042 Boulder Ridge. I'm very interested in picking up 150 points resale to Copper Creek. However, we mostly stay in studios, and I've heard that due to the oversale of points for the cabins, studios can be very hard to get. Can I hear anyone's personal experience on that fact? I don't want to make my home resort one where I still struggle to book.

It is very difficult during Fall into first week of January, that is for sure, as it’s the busy time of year doe all DVC resort.

I am not sure about the rest of the year because I don’t own there, so I’ll let others help you with that!

Not an owner either but my understanding of CC is similar to what Sandi had mentioned.. super hard to book around the holidays end of the year even for owners. I don’t think you should have an issue with studios otherwise. I loved Copper Creek and the convenience of the boat over to MK.

I'd bet CCV is one you'd need to plan to book immediately your window opens at 11 months out if wanting to stay during MVMCP time through New Year's Day. Certainly that's so at any time holiday decorations are up as many people as love WL's.

You're probably aware that WL is very much in demand for families with young kids, too, probably nearly as much as BCV. We certainly saw bunches of happy kids when we stayed at WL and briefly BRV in mid-November.

As long as you hop right to it on window day or soon thereafter, I suspect you can get a studio. That's been our experience at VGF1 which is a very small resort.

It's just not worth worrying, I don't think, about difficulty getting a studio as opposed to doing what you must to get what you want at the resort you really love. True love finds a way. We sure do at VGF1.

I am an owner. Thus far I have not had an issue booking and I even have a studio coming up for Christmas! However, you MUST be scheduled and prepared to book for certain times of the year. Any of the holiday times will be tough. If you are more "go with the flow" and can't plan 11 months out, then it will be hard for certain times of the year.

I love the place and don't regret the purchase at all. Christmas season is by far the trickiest and many people do "walk" reservations so it becomes harder to get.

CC owner and the fall/xmas is tough for studios. It’s not animal kingdom value tough, but it does feel stressful. The rest of the year doesn’t seem to be a problem. Currently June, July, and Aug are still wide open with the 11 month window out to Aug 27th.

We own at Copper Creek, and while I've never booked a studio there I do see them available when I'm looking for other rooms. As others have mentioned, you have to be ready at 11 months to book during busier times - like the holidays. Even then, you could very well end up having to piece together your reservation as the walkers drop rooms (or just walk your reservation yourself :duck: ). Summer is wide open right now, so it's more of a seasonal problem.

But the way I look at it is while it can be tricky to book our week in Dec every year, the only reason we are able to stay there that week is because we own there. The chances of finding a week in Dec at Copper Creek at the 7 month window are almost zero. If you want to stay at Copper Creek during popular times, you need to own there - especially in studios.

But the way I look at it is while it can be tricky to book our week in Dec every year, the only reason we are able to stay there that week is because we own there. The chances of finding a week in Dec at Copper Creek at the 7 month window are almost zero. If you want to stay at Copper Creek during popular times, you need to own there - especially in studios.

Thank you. This helps a lot. Since WL is where we want to be, CCV is what we need to buy.

I'm looking to make a first time DVC purchase. I've heard the adage "Buy where you want to stay." For me, that's Wilderness Lodge. It was the first Deluxe the family ever stayed at 8 years ago, and it continues to be our absolute favorite. My reservations are these: I'm looking for a longer commitment, so I'm not interested in the 2042 Boulder Ridge. I'm very interested in picking up 150 points resale to Copper Creek. However, we mostly stay in studios, and I've heard that due to the oversale of points for the cabins, studios can be very hard to get. Can I hear anyone's personal experience on that fact? I don't want to make my home resort one where I still struggle to book.
It’ll be expensive, but an option to get a studio is to get a fixed week. Now I think it’s called a favorite week. It’ll cost you more points than what it takes to book it, but you’ll have it booked for you. You can cancel if you don’t use it. However this really only works if you know you can get the same week of the year off.

Yes to all of the above owners. If you ever want to stay between Thanksgiving and New Year's then owning there is a must. I'm sure there is a unicorn story out there, but it would be rare. Other room types are different, but if you definitely need or want studio, you have to own.

You could consider purchasing enough points for a 1BR at Copper Creek. They seem a little easier to book than studios (though I still recommend booking at 11 months) and many DVC owners who think they'll mostly stay in studios eventually fall in love with 1BRs. We really like the 1BRs at Copper Creek and stayed in one for five nights last December!

This is a tough one, because you are right. CC's weight is so skewed that it can be quite hard to book studios. Flip to that is that you need home points to book studios.

It will be even harder at peak times. If you are traveling peak and need studios, this might not be a great plan overall. You could be setting yourself up to fail.

Upside of buying CC is that I think it's a great contract as SAP. I don't even like WL, and I've seen more than one that I almost put in offers on, just mathematically. It has advantages of a fabulous chart and charming theming and really long expiration date.

I wouldn't buy points to stay 1BR when you want a studio. That defeats the whole point of DVC. I'd just rent points for a studio or pay cash.

We used to travel to WDW during the first week of December, mostly VGF. If I was online at 8 a.m. I was able to get a week in a studio. You had to book within seconds of the opening time. Now it seems like they are being walked so much that doesn't even work. We also own at CCV, and we don't even try for December, but most of the time we can get what we want right at 11 months as long as it's not one of the real popular times. We usually do 1br's now and just alternate between resorts. We love CCV and think that you would be ok most of the time, but as long as you realize it can be difficult. You can also just walk the reservation and/or just waitlist it right at 11 months.

Why doesn’t DVC shut down “walking”? its abusive, and they could restrict the number of changes you can make to a reservation. Make more than 5 changes and your only option for number 6 is cancel and rebook for example. Some of us are too busy to play games, so those gaming the system gain an advantage that shouldn’t be available.

Why doesn’t DVC shut down “walking”? its abusive, and they could restrict the number of changes you can make to a reservation. Make more than 5 changes and your only option for number 6 is cancel and rebook for example. Some of us are too busy to play games, so those gaming the system gain an advantage that shouldn’t be available.

As you say, any modification to curb walking, it can never be stopped. even like you suggest is a change to the current rules and my guess is in the end, it’s not worth it.

I can tell you that I have monitored things over time and while some resorts do have problem with certain rooms types booking quickly or being walked, so far, no owner booking any date at 11 months is being shut out completely of all rooms at a home resort.

So, in the end, my guess is that they just don’t feel those changes are better for the membership than the current rules which apply no penalties unless less than 31 days.

I agree the "walking" is annoying, but I cringe at the idea of Disney IT trying to implement something to shut it down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter