Copper Creek Declaration Filed

I'm also wondering about lock-offs. Has it been normal for the plans to show dedicated studios and 1BR's if there aren't going to be any? Or might we expect some of each? And when it's not dedicated, does this mean the same layout of connecting doors in the living areas as VWL? Or would the closets in the studio and 1BR be moved or removed for a lock-off?
There are dedicated studios and dedicated one-bedroom villas at CCV.

There are some subtle layout differences between a dedicated one-bedroom villa and a one-bedroom villa that is part of a two-bedroom lock-off. Denlo's postings on the DVCNews shows these differences.

One of the things I'm working on right now is trying to come up with an educated guess as to how many of each accommodation type there will be at CCV. Yesterday's filings only documented about a fourth of CCV. But for the moment, I think there will only be a handful of dedicated studios and dedicated one-bedroom villas, and an even smaller number of Alternate two-bedroom lock-off villas.

So if I'm understanding the plans correctly the 1 and 2BR villa kitchens run along the wall vs the typical layout DVC has had. If so then I'd guess the kitchen table will be in the area that one would normally find the appliances and sink. The master bedroom will not have any walk in type closet. And the connecting doors are in the living area/studio bedroom. :sad2:

So if I'm understanding the plans correctly the 1 and 2BR villa kitchens run along the wall vs the typical layout DVC has had. If so then I'd guess the kitchen table will be in the area that one would normally find the appliances and sink. The master bedroom will not have any walk in type closet. And the connecting doors are in the living area/studio bedroom. :sad2:

I think maybe they are like the Jambo conversions? I haven't stayed in one but looking at pics it could be like that?

I think maybe they are like the Jambo conversions? I haven't stayed in one but looking at pics it could be like that?

Ah yes - the kitchen/living seems to be similar to that and just a different bathroom layout. :thumbsup2

So about how long after they start SELLING do they usually allowing bookings & reservations to begin? Do they usually announce that at the time they start selling?

So about how long after they start SELLING do they usually allowing bookings & reservations to begin? Do they usually announce that at the time they start selling?

Poly was almost immediately but they didn't start selling until they were just 3 months or so away from opening. Thinking back to BLT I believe the opening date was announced with sales - although then I believe it was moved up so it can adjust - but I think the date for for booking to start came a little later. Bookings were done several months in advance. Owners will get a priority period before it opens up for everyone.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Alternate Studio had a king size bed in the bedroom and an actual table in the living area?

Then I would really believe DVD has listened to all members. I feel like they have forgotten us empty nesters.

Laura

I'm surprised that the points required per night are the same as BRV. It certainly makes a lot of sense but I was expecting DVD to be a bit greeder and try to invent some reason to ask points similar to PVB, possibly adding concierge level.

Maybe they learned their lesson at PVB, I think they thought that it would be sold out by now.

And/or they (hopefully) realize they need a lower points structure for Caribbean Beach

I was planning to add on at CCV until I heard the rumor of possible DVC at CBR. Based on what I have read in other threads, it sounds like if DVC were to happen there, it will still be a "deluxe" (however it's defined). The real draw at CBR if true is the relatively direct access to EP (the gondolas), which is what I prefer as I already have direct access to MK as a BLT owner. I am encouraged (for now at least) that DVD has sort of reversed course on the point requirement at CCV (and hopefully CBR, too).

LAX

I'm just hoping those 1 beds have a pull down bed or sleeper chair so they don't have less of a sleeping surface than a studio. We need 5 beds in a 1 bed villa.

Sorry for getting of topic.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...do-springs-resort-and-caribbean-beach-resort/

Not so sure that CBR or Coronado will be a DVC.....I think they may just be adding more Moderate rooms as they are probably a popular cash reservation catagory. Just my opinion, but all the news doesn't seem to have the DVC feel to it ;)

As for CCV....I can't wait to see the cost per point!
I agree.

They're taking out some old buildings at CBR, and as they're transitioning away from the convention center at the Contemporary, they seem to be improving Coronado to make it more attractive for nicer conventions. It looks very much like the new convention split will be BC/YC/BW and CSR.

Then they close the Contemporary, and build another DVC tower... THERE. That's a premium location and they'll make $$$$.

Sorry for getting of topic.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...do-springs-resort-and-caribbean-beach-resort/

Not so sure that CBR or Coronado will be a DVC.....I think they may just be adding more Moderate rooms as they are probably a popular cash reservation catagory. Just my opinion, but all the news doesn't seem to have the DVC feel to it ;)

As for CCV....I can't wait to see the cost per point!

Sorry for continuing the off topicness, but I believe CBR will have DVC (maybe it operates separate from CBR, though). Coronado will not. If you parse Disney's announcement, you will notice they offer much more detail about Coronado getting rooms, whereas they are mum on CBR, which is typical of DVC announcements (e.g., what BLT?).

Sorry for continuing the off topicness, but I believe CBR will have DVC (maybe it operates separate from CBR, though). Coronado will not. If you parse Disney's announcement, you will notice they offer much more detail about Coronado getting rooms, whereas they are mum on CBR, which is typical of DVC announcements (e.g., what BLT?).
For what it's worth I agree with this. I think CSR is being set up as the convention location. That's why they've said it's getting the cash rooms. CBR is sketchy. As I am sure many of us do, if you look at Disney history, it's been hammered multiple times in economic downturns (from the oil crisis in the 70's to 9/11). DVC guarantees the rooms are full (or the points are binned), the owners pay for the hotels, the initial profit on builds is massive (the WDW land was acquired for a total of $5m), and Disney has thus invested in only DVC rooms since 9/11, AofA being a rehash of the abandoned second half of Pop Century and that's the only reason that was done.

I think the Alternate Studio's will be a different booking category. Much like the Value studios ar AKV, but in reverse. I.E. more points. Why would they not? It seems weird, since these units are built, that they would not use fully formed floor plans for the declaration. I think we can all figure them out, and I am sure the brochure is already in production! :) DW and I are thinking of adding on here.....only issue will be the cost per point...... :)
I'd doubt it like the larger Inn rooms at VB are not.

i am late to the game. Did they re-name Wilderness Lodge? Is there a new, large building that is Copper Creek? Boulder Ridge? I'm confused. I knew they were building cabins, then it all became something else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!