Copper Creek Declaration Filed

If there are only 7, I think it would be wise not to make them a booking category and not even allow requests for them. Seven would likely result in their being just like AKV club level rooms. For more than 80% of the year, they will be reserved for any given day either before 11 months out or within nanoseconds after the 11 month window opens online at 8 a.m., and you will have a large population of members trying to get them by extreme walking of reservations, e.g., begin walking in July to get Christmas. It would not be anything like BWV GV's, which usually book before 7 months out but seldom have 11 month out problems, simply because the GVs cost very high points per night and thus invite a much smaller population of members wanting to reserve them. Make the alternate 2BRs their own booking category and you will also have a lot of new purchasers, unfamiliar with the booking risks, buy at CCV just so they can always get those special rooms (unsavory Disney sales reps will promote them as a selling point) , and then learn later they can hardly ever get them, leading to many being disappointed and a cacaphony of complaints. In essence, making them a booking category will likely just lead to a lot of problems and a whole new class of disappointed DVC members.

Yes, you're right. Still, I wish that I could reserve one for a family trip!

Also the floor plan for the Alternate studio does label the rooms and living room and bedroom, but there appears to be an open doorway between the two areas. Perhaps that would make this studio to be too similar to a 1BR, or it might be structurally difficult to add the door because of windows and the balcony door off of the bedroom area. Who knows what DVC thinks?

CCV%20Alternate%20Studio%202017-02-24%20at%2011.00.08%20AM_zpseskdftwi.png

I don't know, I think that sometimes leasing parts of resort to DVC just gives Disney more money to spend elsewhere or to pay for remodels or upgrading the pools etc. Disney is building a 15 story building at CSR. And we really are only speculating that the new building at CBR is DVC. It could be that Disney wants to replace the buildings at CBR and decided to add additional more up to date rooms.

Last edited:

I haven't had addonitis for years. Have to admit, I'm excited to see the new pool and eating area and the new villas. Definitely want to book a stay when construction is done. Love having something new to look forward to at WDW!

When this was first announced I thought they were going to do what they did at the PVB with the studios and bungalows/cabins only, and had no interest. Now with the one bedrooms being offered, serious thinking needs to be done.

When this was first announced I thought they were going to do what they did at the PVB with the studios and bungalows/cabins only, and had no interest. Now with the one bedrooms being offered, serious thinking needs to be done.

I think DVD has learned its lessons with PVB, given its slower than expected sales (seems to have picked up with some promotions). If PVB had sold like hotcakes, you can bet CCV will be modeled after PVB.

LAX

lol...confusing right!?.....I will try to explain....the Hotel is still called Wilderness Lodge. The Previous DVC component, is now called Boulder Ridge. The new DVC offering is a combination of converted hotel rooms in the main lodge and the cabins and is called Copper Creek. Completely new DVC, not part of the previous DVC, but on the same property.....
Is Copper Creek planned to be a different home resort than Boulder Ridge? I have seen an increase in the number of Boulder Ridge resale DVC contracts hit the market recently and just wondering if some Boulder Ridge owners are getting out or selling to buy the new Copper Creek?

Is Copper Creek planned to be a different home resort than Boulder Ridge? I have seen an increase in the number of Boulder Ridge resale DVC contracts hit the market recently and just wondering if some Boulder Ridge owners are getting out or selling to buy the new Copper Creek?

Copper Creek is a separate development from the original VWL aka Boulder Ridge.

Also the floor plan for the Alternate studio does label the rooms and living room and bedroom, but there appears to be an open doorway between the two areas. Perhaps that would make this studio to be too similar to a 1BR, or it might be structurally difficult to add the door because of windows and the balcony door off of the bedroom area. Who knows what DVC thinks?

CCV%20Alternate%20Studio%202017-02-24%20at%2011.00.08%20AM_zpseskdftwi.png
Interesting. Thanks for sharing the layout. The alternate studio looks like the location of the previous deluxe rooms that were 1/2 way down the south wing. We stayed in one once years ago. There was a French door between the living room and bedroom which is obviously gone now. But even without a door the layout makes it feel like there is good separation between the 2 spaces. The location is great and I remember we had a beautiful view of the courtyard and lake!

Last edited:
Do you think the alternate studio will be a booking category or just a 'luck of the draw' type thing?

My thinking would be that this would be a "selling feature" for Disney as to get people to buy points there for the chance to get the oversized studios at the 11 month mark, much like standard view/ Boardwalk view rooms at BWV or concierge rooms at AKL. I know of people who have purchased at these resorts for that specific reason. Are these alternate studios the rooms at the end of the building facing the lake the old junior suites?

My thinking would be that this would be a "selling feature" for Disney as to get people to buy points there for the chance to get the oversized studios at the 11 month mark, much like standard view/ Boardwalk view rooms at BWV or concierge rooms at AKL. I know of people who have purchased at these resorts for that specific reason. Are these alternate studios the rooms at the end of the building facing the lake the old junior suites?
Yes, those appear to be the exact same configuration as the jr suites that had an occupancy of 6 (2 queen and pullout couch.)
It would be too wierd to have a same point studio with an occupancy of 6, so it does make me wonder if it could be a (2) queen studio or a king studio?

Yes, those appear to be the exact same configuration as the jr suites that had an occupancy of 6 (2 queen and pullout couch.)
It would be too wierd to have a same point studio with an occupancy of 6, so it does make me wonder if it could be a (2) queen studio or a king studio?

PVB was big enough to have king beds but they still went with queen. I don't think DVC will suddenly start with kings in 7 studios.

PVB was big enough to have king beds but they still went with queen. I don't think DVC will suddenly start with kings in 7 studios.

But with just 7 units, it would be great if they would try it to see if there was demand for it. I think there is.

Laura

Doubt they do it. Arguably, the 5 club units at AKV could be said to test demand, and we see where that has gone.

They will do what is most efficient and convenient.

The Alternate Studios are located halfway down the Wilderness Lodge's South Wing where the wing bends. See the photo and map in this article. The junior suites at the end of the South Wing are being converted to Grand Villas. However, there is the possibility that if Disney decides not to put a Grand Villa at the end of the 1st floor then it might convert that space to one or two Alternate Studios.

But with just 7 units, it would be great if they would try it to see if there was demand for it. I think there is.

Laura

I don't think it's a question of demand for it but the question of creating a tiny category of rooms that would be in far too much demand and making many members upset they are never able to get the only studios available with king beds. We'd go for it every single time and I'm certain we are not alone.

I really wish they had put in a second bathroom in the 1 bedrooms like Kidani. (I'm not sure which others have this) I loved having 2 full bathrooms at Kidani but don't like the resort enough to add on there. I'm intrigued by Copper Creek and really curious what the price per point will be. Enough of an add on to stay there every other Dec could be nice if the availability won't be terrible depending on how many units of each end up being there.

I don't think it's a question of demand for it but the question of creating a tiny category of rooms that would be in far too much demand and making many members upset they are never able to get the only studios available with king beds. We'd go for it every single time and I'm certain we are not alone.

And there wouldn't be a prayer for anyone trying to book at 7 months to get one...

I hope they add an additional parking lot, maybe towards the camp grounds side of the existing DVC wing. The current lot is small and not close to the DVC units. More DVC'rs drive than hotel guests. One of the advantages to DVC is the kitchen, you can't make a real meal with chips and donuts. You need to get to a real store. Disney has no such store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!