Copper Creek Declaration Filed

wdrl

DIS Veteran
Disney has filed the master declaration for the Copper Creek Villas & Cabins Condominium Association. Details are available on DVCNews.

CCV will have everything from studios to grand villas and two-bedroom cabins. It also has a very small number of great oversized studios with living rooms.

I am actually kind of shocked that it looks like the points needed for a cabin will be significantly below the Poly bungalows. And the alternate studios are intriguing!

I'm leaning toward luck of the draw since it doesn't appear ....from reading the article...that there will be specific booking/view categories. I'm thinking those rooms will be like the few corner rooms that are available at Boulder Canyon....with the exception of being a little bigger

Very excited about this. The setup is pretty favorable from a points perspective. Also having a range of room types will be great. Looks like they learned their lesson from Poly.

Hopefully points won't cost too much but I imagine they will sell quickly. I'm definitely planning on adding on here.

Looking forward to booking a stay there in the future. We loved staying at the main lodge and am glad to hear the points seem reasonable.

The floor plans are missing some items (like the toilet and tub in the bathrooms) so it's hard to tell the exact layout of the bathroom in the 1BRs. For instance, where is the master bedroom closet? And is there a whirlpool tub? or any tub at all in the master bathroom?

The floor plans are missing some items (like the toilet and tub in the bathrooms) so it's hard to tell the exact layout of the bathroom in the 1BRs. For instance, where is the master bedroom closet? And is there a whirlpool tub? or any tub at all in the master bathroom?
That is confusing. It sure seems there will be the typical tub/vanity area closer to the bedroom.
Here's my completely uninformed guess:
F1339F90-5C43-42E2-8BCE-CB88C8A0E555_zpsphnpcpdq.jpeg

Although I'm still trying to figure out the impenetrable labyrinth of doors in the cabin's 2nd bathroom.
Or is there an opening from the hallway into a bathroom hallway? Then what are those (2) double door closets that are not in the bathroom?

I noticed that too Lisa. Perhaps a new feature? A shared toilet and tub room down the hall? It would be very Camp Wildernessy!

That is confusing. It sure seems there will be the typical tub/vanity area closer to the bedroom.
Here's my completely uninformed guess...
Your layout of the bathroom area next to the bedroom matches what I was thinking: vanity and free-standing tub, like the one at VGF (and perhaps in the refurbished 1BRs at BCV?).

For the back part of the bathroom, I wondered if that rectangular area with the door is the shower stall and perhaps the toilet is out in the open, similar to how many of the other DVC 1BRs are designed. I think you're right about the location of the closet, though I hope it has a door, and I'm disappointed in how tiny it is. Except for VGF, the master closets have been getting smaller starting with AKV.

There is a closet-shaped space in between the door into the back part of the bathroom and the door into the bedroom. If you added a back wall to that space, and put sliding doors on the bathroom side, it would make a decent closet.

Last edited:
With the "typical" studios only a tad smaller than the ones at BRV, is it safe to assume that it will also accommodate 5?

LAX

Is there a pocket door in the bathroom? Tried to circle it in picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 24
I'm surprised that the points required per night are the same as BRV. It certainly makes a lot of sense but I was expecting DVD to be a bit greeder and try to invent some reason to ask points similar to PVB, possibly adding concierge level.

I think the Alternate Studio's will be a different booking category. Much like the Value studios ar AKV, but in reverse. I.E. more points. Why would they not? It seems weird, since these units are built, that they would not use fully formed floor plans for the declaration. I think we can all figure them out, and I am sure the brochure is already in production! :) DW and I are thinking of adding on here.....only issue will be the cost per point...... :)

Your layout of the bathroom area next to the bedroom matches what I was thinking: vanity and free-standing tub, like the one at VGF (and perhaps in the refurbished 1BRs at BCV?).

For the back part of the bathroom, I wondered if that rectangular area with the door is the shower stall and perhaps the toilet is out in the open, similar to how many of the other DVC 1BRs are designed. I think you're right about the location of the closet, though I hope it has a door, and I'm disappointed in how tiny it is. Except for VGF, the master closets have been getting smaller starting with AKV.

There is a closet-shaped space in between the door into the back part of the bathroom and the door into the bedroom. If you added a back wall to that space, and put sliding doors on the bathroom side, it would make a decent closet.

That's the bathroom layout I was thinking too. Does it appear there will be the "window" between the bathroom and the bedroom?

I'm also wondering about lock-offs. Has it been normal for the plans to show dedicated studios and 1BR's if there aren't going to be any? Or might we expect some of each? And when it's not dedicated, does this mean the same layout of connecting doors in the living areas as VWL? Or would the closets in the studio and 1BR be moved or removed for a lock-off?

FYI: The bathroom fixtures in the villas are shown on some of the documents that were filed yesterday. In preparing the DVCNews article, I used the floor layouts from one set of documents because it had a clean summarization of all of the villa types. The actual Copper Creek Declaration has more detailed drawings of the villa layouts.

Denlo is posting the more detailed floor plans on the DVCNews Forum discussion section. Those plans show the location of the toilet, tub, vanities, and shower. She should have those plans uploaded shortly.

By the way, thanks for pointing out the difference in the condo drawings. I hadn't noticed that the bathroom fixtures were missing from the drawings that I initially used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!