Copper Creek Declaration Filed

I hope they add an additional parking lot, maybe towards the camp grounds side of the existing DVC wing. The current lot is small and not close to the DVC units. More DVC'rs drive than hotel guests. One of the advantages to DVC is the kitchen, you can't make a real meal with chips and donuts. You need to get to a real store. Disney has no such store.

There are new lots on the plans - both seem like they may be specific for Cabin guests but we'll just have to see once they open.

I really wish they had put in a second bathroom in the 1 bedrooms like Kidani. (I'm not sure which others have this) I loved having 2 full bathrooms at Kidani but don't like the resort enough to add on there. I'm intrigued by Copper Creek and really curious what the price per point will be. Enough of an add on to stay there every other Dec could be nice if the availability won't be terrible depending on how many units of each end up being there.

BLT also has the second full bathroom in the 1 bdr. This makes a huge difference to us as well!

Regarding the parking, I agree that the new lots look like they are for the cabins only. The parking should ease some since the hotel rooms were replaced in a 3 to 1 ratio for DVC villas. But then I always thought the parking lot at WL was large and we never have any problems parking there.

BLT also has the second full bathroom in the 1 bdr. This makes a huge difference to us as well!
I was thinking it did but not having stayed there yet since my husband doesn't much care for the themeing I wasn't 100% sure. Are BLT and Kidani the only 2 that have this? It is SO nice to not have to share just 1 bathroom among 5 people!!!!

I really wish they had put in a second bathroom in the 1 bedrooms like Kidani. (I'm not sure which others have this) I loved having 2 full bathrooms at Kidani but don't like the resort enough to add on there.
I think the hotel rooms at WL were a similar size to the hotel rooms in AKL. When they converted AKL hotel rooms in Jambo House to DVC villas, they didn't completely gut the building and start over, they gutted each hotel room and created a studio from one hotel room, a 1BR from two hotel rooms, a GV from 6 hotel rooms. The Jambo hotel rooms weren't large enough to allow them to squeeze in a 2nd bathroom. If they did the Copper Creek conversion in a similar way, they would have the same issue trying to squeeze in a second bathroom -- not enough space. Since Kidani was a new building, they had the option to make the 1BRs much larger and include a second bathroom in the design.

I was thinking it did but not having stayed there yet since my husband doesn't much care for the themeing I wasn't 100% sure. Are BLT and Kidani the only 2 that have this? It is SO nice to not have to share just 1 bathroom among 5 people!!!!

Yes, only Kidani and BLT 1BRs have two bathrooms in the 1BR. Moreover, those and OKW are the only ones with the twin size sleeper chair in the living room, which is a better sleeping area than any of the murphy pull down beds in VGF 1BRs and studios, and the studios at BCV, BWV and Boulder Ridge. It appears the CCV 1BRs will have 1 bathroom and no sleeper chair or murphy bed. As LisaS mentions, WL rooms were similar to AKL rooms that were converted to DVC, although I believe the AKL rooms were actually somewhat larger, and the result is likely that things like an extra bathroom were not an option. Also, the drawings for CCV indicate the lock-offs will have the doors between the studios and 1BRs in the living room of the 1BR near the the balcony doors, which would likely eliminate the use of the sleeper chair. The drawings also indicate CCV might possibly have the Jambo-type stand-alone wardrobe closets in the bedrooms rather than in-the-wall closets.

Last edited:
I think the hotel rooms at WL were a similar size to the hotel rooms in AKL. When they converted AKL hotel rooms in Jambo House to DVC villas, they didn't completely gut the building and start over, they gutted each hotel room and created a studio from one hotel room, a 1BR from two hotel rooms, a GV from 6 hotel rooms. The Jambo hotel rooms weren't large enough to allow them to squeeze in a 2nd bathroom. If they did the Copper Creek conversion in a similar way, they would have the same issue trying to squeeze in a second bathroom -- not enough space. Since Kidani was a new building, they had the option to make the 1BRs much larger and include a second bathroom in the design.
Thank you for the explaination. That makes more sense as to the reason behind it.

Yes, only Kidani and BLT 1BRs have two bathrooms in the 1BR. Moreover, those and OKW are the only ones with the twin size sleeper chair in the living room, which is a better sleeping area than any of the murphy pull down beds in VGF 1BRs and studios, and the studios at BCV, BWV and Boulder Ridge. It appears the CCV 1BRs will have 1 bathroom and no sleeper chair or murphy bed. As LisaS mentions, WL rooms were similar to AKL rooms that were converted to DVC, although I believe the AKL rooms were actually somewhat laeger, and the result is likely that things like an extra bathroom were not an optio. Also, the drawings for CCV indicate the lock-offs will have the doors bewteen the studios and 1BRs in the living room of the 1BR near the the balcony doors, which would likely eliminate the use of the sleeper chair. The drawings also indicate CCV might possibly have the Jambo-type stand-alone wardrobe closets in the bedrooms rather than in-the-wall closets.
Thank you! This is nice to know! We like the sleeper chair better as well but are newish members so haven't had a chance to try out all the resorts yet to learn how they are all set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter