Contemporary Resort: New Woody’s Round Up Event

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
Sounds cute & a great place to end up July 4th, but I’m not a huge fan of the price tag! :flower1:

This July, step inside Andy’s favorite playset and join a summertime Toy Story hootenanny with Woody’s Roundup. This event will take you back to your own playful beginnings along with your Disney•Pixar pals. Sheriff Woody, Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl, Bullseye and Buzz Lightyear are on hand for true toy fun with Guests of all ages.

This exciting event will be filled to the brim with a variety of music, games, activities and a BBQ buffet dinner. Celebrate summer and send off this toy-rific night right with a Magic Kingdom Park nighttime spectacular. Woody’s Roundup Guests will enjoy the music and fantastic views of fireworks from the porte cochere of the Convention Center.

This limited-time event will take place July 4–6 from 6:15pm to 9:15pm at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Tickets for this event are $149 for adults (ages 10 and up) and $99 for children (ages 3 to 9), tax and gratuity included. Booking for all Guests opens April 2 by calling 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463).

Wasn’t sure to post here or resorts...

lcxyE0D.gif

Two things that stand out to me about this:
1) Having this at the Contemporary just seems out of place to me. Contemporary doesn't scream "bbq, hee-haw howdy". Certainly not like Fort Wilderness.
2) I wonder how many people who purchased tickets to the event did so because of the (apparent) opportunity to M&G with Bullseye. I've never seen Bullseye at a M&G. I am sure he's appeared at some special events before, though. I know I'd pay good money to get an opportunity to have a M&G with Roger Rabbit. :D

Back up with times for 4 or more all 3 days , still no times for 2...
but it still seems a little messed up, sometimes there's times sometimes none..maybe refreshing will show some.
I suggest calling because the online system won't book and says to call.

Beginning of Dialog Content
ffa147-tramp_and_lady.png

Sorry for the "Paws"

We seem to have run into a problem booking your dining reservation. Please try again later or call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.

Last edited:
Two things that stand out to me about this:
1) Having this at the Contemporary just seems out of place to me. Contemporary doesn't scream "bbq, hee-haw howdy". Certainly not like Fort Wilderness.

Agreed. I am not entirely sure why they chose the Contemporary as a concentration point for all things Pixar. Although Fort Wilderness would definitely be the spot, it is apparent that they do not want too many extra people just coming to the campground unless they’re actually staying there. Dinners there are one thing, but Fort Wilderness does SO MUCH cool stuff for holidays, I bet they didn’t want the extra July 4th traffic.

Although my kids do love Toy Story, they are not as big of fans that would warrant me coughing up that price. I hope some DISers go that can relay their experiences to us!!

I just booked this!! Am I crazy? I am not sure I will go through with it based on the price! Does anyone have any experience with this type of special event? Would love some thoughts! Thank you!!

I just booked this!! Am I crazy? I am not sure I will go through with it based on the price! Does anyone have any experience with this type of special event? Would love some thoughts! Thank you!!

The price is a bit twitch worthy, but, honestly, sounds awesome. If we didn’t already have so much Disney going on, I would have been tempted myself. I don’t recall Disney doing any kind of event quite like this before...if you can wiggle it into your vacation budget, I’d say do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter