Cont vs Cabins - for 6*

Thank you all, I'm not sure the difference between double and queen will be a deal-breaker. I envision the 4 of us in the Bedroom and the grandparents in the living room. At the CR, I would say the grandparents in one bed, momma and 5 month old in the other queen, and me & the 3 year old fighting it out for the day bed....she would win....

I've seen points trade under the $12 mark before, but a fair point - especially for the number of points needed for BLT! The $12 didn't balance the budget either, so won't impact our decision.

I agree - 6 in a room is pushing the limits and we would need to be creative...we'll likely all be on the same sleep schedule (save afternoon napping preferences) and we were just fine with 4 adults sharing one bathroom with the then 1.5 year old (although BWV does have the separate sink area that was definitely used concurrently). Considering I grew up in an old home with lots of room but 1 full bath for 5 of us, we could get beyond that hiccup. The staying asleep and general nighttime are making me lean toward the cabins this go 'round, and put off the monorail loop stay until it is just our family of 4. THANK YOU ALL for the input!

Only you (and your family) know the dynamics of your family. Here is how I would feel with my family.

I dream of staying at the CR with the easy walk to MK.

I love my ILs. We get along well.

However you could not get me to stay for more then a night in the same BEDroom as my ILs. I would feel so uncomfortable not having an inch of privacy. One bathroom for 4 adults to have to use not just for showering and bodily functions but everyone would need to dress and undress in there. I would feel so stressed if 'heaven forbid' one of my LO's woke in the middle of the night and thus woke everyone in the room up.

I would ask your DW her opinion.

I would do the cabins or any other option that offers more privacy.

You said you are limiting it to the MK area. Is that strictly for the ease of transportation? I wonder whether staying at the cabins is easier then an alternative in another area. At FC you may need to take the internal bus and transfer to the park bus. I can't imagine that is much faster then a bus from a mod (where you could get two rooms) or a value (where you could get two rooms or a FS).

on our last trip, my youngest was six months old. you just cannot beat the convenience of the Contemporary with a baby. I could walk to/from MK with him and ride monorails to Epcot without having to worry about folding up the stroller. it was great when I needed to take him back to the room by myself (versus needing help with a stroller).

we loved our room (garden wing with a view of Bay Lake). we requested a first-floor room, which was great when the baby was napping (I could just sit right outside on the patio).

we've also stayed at Fort Wilderness and loved it. but I wouldn't want to deal with getting around that resort with an infant.

Thank you both - Obviously a good point that 1 bathroom at the hotel means only 1 changing place is something I overlooked. The obvious privacy pitfalls are going to be tough to overcome.

Fully utilizing the patio would be necessary, but even though CM's have always (in our adult visits) facilitated requests, the chance of getting a room on the 2nd / 3rd floor with no patio would a big wrench to the start of a long stay...

My parents will be heading down with my sister's family in November (7 Total, 3 under 5, 1 5 month old) to a cabin, so maybe I'll go ahead and book somewhere and hear their debrief after the stay.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter