conspiracy theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protect yourself from these conspiracy theories like you do Covid bc they are also a type of virus. The ability to mass mind control and reach people with these theories on such a global scale with the internet and mass media has never been as powerful as it is now. Also add into that the 24 hour a day infotainment opinion "news" stations which fuel these types of things for their own views or money mainly bc crazy sells, stop watching them regardless of your views. That is not a conspiracy, we all see it and feel it. Watch news stations that don't also have opinion shows on them bc people are confused between opinion and fact and they're toxic. Even science is considered fake by many. I bet most of us can name people that never acted or thought these crazy things believing some of this now, it is very sad.

Last edited:
100% seriously, ask the agencies reporting the numbers. Or 311, if your area offers that. Or a news station.

No news station here locally, and the agency reporting was the county board of health.
I don't know if we have 311 but our county executive just had a phone town hall that I can go listen too on FB.
At this point it doesn't matter anyway, the numbers are whatever they say they are. I'm done caring to be honest.

I bet most of us can name people that never acted or thought these crazy things believing some of this now, it is very sad.
Ain’t that the truth! I find myself thinking, “Who the hell ARE you?” I told my DH this morning that our best friend needs to go back to work because he’s clearly losing his damn mind. My stepmother confounds me the most. My dad passed and it’s like she’s the polar opposite of the person who helped shape my own value system. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Protect yourself from these conspiracy theories like you do Covid bc they are also a type of virus. The ability to mass mind control and reach people with these theories on such a global scale with the internet and mass media has never been as powerful as it is now. Also add into that the 24 hour a day infotainment opinion "news" stations which fuel these types of things for their own views or money mainly bc crazy sells, stop watching them regardless of your views. That is not a conspiracy, we all see it and feel it. Watch news stations that don't also have opinion shows on them bc people are confused between opinion and fact and they're toxic. Even science is considered fake by many. I bet most of us can name people that never acted or thought these crazy things believing some of this now, it is very sad.
Science is fake? Ok, moving past those people. They also probably believe science is fake and religion is absolute truth.

I heard another recently. These military jet flyovers that are being done in large cities, to celebrate the healthcare workers. These have some kind of nefarious purpose ... they are spreading mind control chemicals or something to that effect. The "celebration" is just an excuse.

I very much agree about once a theory is locked in someone's mind, that's it. Nothing else is true and you cannot even begin to convince them otherwise. I also agree about the governor situation, especially around where I live in my state. It literally would not matter one bit if he decided to open up the state, keep it locked down, keep certain regions locked down, open certain businesses and keep others closed, wear a mask, not wear a mask...he's going to be wrong. People hate him with a passion, and if you ask them why, they really don't have solid answers. (I have an feeling it's overwhelmingly about guns, but I will definitely not get into that here.)

In that context, I do feel for leadership at every level in this crazy, conspiracy-filled situation. I agree with certain leadership more than others, absolutely, but I do understand they don't have it easy. And I don't envy them.

Lord, I think I must live in your state. It's ridiculous.

This is a good documentary about a successful Hollywood stuntman who provides proofs regarding why people think the way they do and the influence of the media. He also discusses Walt Disney and the dark side of Hollywood/entertainment industry.
https://www.outofshadows.org

So with conspiracy theories as with, life I guess you have to have a belief system, a structure by which you measure all things to look for truths and lies. I am not going all religious on anyone, really quite the contrary. When I say belief system what I mean is it could be religious, a code of conduct, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. In other words you have to have a measuring stick. Only from there can you measure all your encounters in life. The issue I see with our modern society is that most people spend their lives looking for the belief structure and never find one so they float through time and space latching onto whatever floats by that day. So having only looked at the page referenced and not watching anything I can probably guess the narrative pretty well. A stuntman makes movies for years, has a religious awakening and decides movies are evil. Forgive me if I got it wrong but my belief structure will not let me watch things like that so I am winging it from here.

My issue is simply this, my belief structure says never take anything in the entertainment world as being in any way factual or representative of real life. Learn no morals from it take no advice from it and basically don't believe anything they say. It is for entertainment purposes only. Some of the historic dribble they show is so out of touch with actual events that I turn them off in the first five minutes.

Be your own person and understand where you are in life and judging all things becomes a whole lot easier. Oh and one last piece of advice, everyone else is gonna some day find their truth and it will not necessarily be the same as yours so be nice, and kind and respectful of their structure and don't try to ram yours down their throat.

Is that Big Foots name?
Yes:

hqdefault.jpg

I heard another recently. These military jet flyovers that are being done in large cities, to celebrate the healthcare workers. These have some kind of nefarious purpose ... they are spreading mind control chemicals or something to that effect. The "celebration" is just an excuse.
All you can do is laugh at that kind of stupidity.

I will be able to see one of the flyovers from my house. Should I say goodbye then, as I won't be myself in an hour????

Guess we'll find out in about an hour or so if this is true. :rolleyes:

I have a cousin in law who is all about conspiracy theories. Posts them daily. No matter how many people post Snopes reviews or various credible sources she always rebukes it. Won't is also anti-vax and posts discredited stuff about that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter