Considering to split resorts during our stay

Would you change resorts during your trip to have different experiences?

• Total voters
We did a split stay in January. We had a credit with DVC Rental store from a pandemic-canceled trip and couldn't find anything to rent for our exact dates that wasn't way more than the credit we had, but we did find 2 nights at Boulder Ridge that worked well for us. We started there, then moved to Caribbean Beach.

The benefit for us was easier access to MK (boat instead of the bus) and we got extended hours at MK since we were staying at a deluxe, so that was great. Beyond that, though, we did not think the deluxe was worth what it would have cost, to be honest. For us it worked out well because we had the credit to use, so it was money we'd already spent, but if we were paying out of pocket it would not have been worth it, and we actually liked the vibe of CBR better!

The split itself was fine - we were only there two nights so we didn't do much unpacking, and bell services moved all our stuff to CBR.

I don't mind split stays. It allows for a nice change of pace.

I was actually thinking about how split stays would be useful with the shortened 30 min EMH for resort guests. Most recent stay we were at the Riviera and enjoyed the skyliner to the Int'l Gateway to rope drop Remy. However, it was not great for rope drop at DHS. Made me think that perhaps I'd do a split stay next time for rope dropping purposes (would rather walk or bus to DHS).

One thing that I don't like about split stays, esp since I moved to CO from the E. Coast is the ADR situation. Getting up at 3:50am for the fun 4am ADR drop 1x is enough for me. Can't imagine doing it 2x!

We're going to WDW for 5-7 days in July 2022 and this will probably be our last time with our 17-year-old son. He's actually doing a workshop and a performance there with his theatre group. In the past, we've stayed at Pop Century and Port Orleans French Quarters. French Quarters was excellent. It's so easy to get around that resort. I absolutely love the boat ride to Disney Springs. I love the cobblestone and the romantic feeling there. I'd stay there again, but the pool is too juvenile for a teen. I think I like the Caribbean Beach for a teen, but I would love to stay at a deluxe resort if I could afford it. What are your thoughts about staying at Caribbean Beach for most nights, but splurging and switching during the same trip to stay a night or two at a deluxe? Is it worth the experience to stay at a deluxe resort for a short time, or are we better off staying in one location for the entire trip, and avoiding the hassle of changing locations?
We're big fans of the splits. Doing them allows you to try so many more WDW resorts in a shorter amount of time. It allows you to do a more expensive resort that you may not be able to afford to do for the entire length of your visit. It's something to look forward to! We love the change. It's an adventure.
That said, I wanted to say that while you think you won't be doing more visits w/ your 17yo son after this, never assume. ;) Our almost 22 year old son is joining us on this visit. He stlil LOVES going. This is the last time we're paying tho. :rotfl2: He bought his park tickets, but we're paying the rest. No more free rides off of mom and dad!

I don’t like the pole question selections. My position is I have done that and will do it again for a good deal or with a good reason (to take advantage of proximity or extended Evening hours etc). I wouldn’t say it was great, but it can easily be worth it.

We just had our first split stay in January. BWI for 3 nights & GF for 2 nights. It was so easy & effortless. We are also doing a split stay for our upcoming September trip. AKL for 4 nights and YC 4 nights. I plan on doing split stays for all of our trips that are 5 nights or longer.

I will also add that a big benefit of split stays is a fully cleaned room during this pandemic housekeeping mess! We are a family of 5…I can request new towels, I can take my trash to the dumpster but with 3 kids…I can only handle so much of the crumbs in the floor, the crumpled sheets from exhausted kids falling into them, and the smatter of toothpaste on the counters for so long 😂 By doing a split stay we got a spotless room halfway through our trip!

Since the 2 you are most interested in is Riviera and Contemporary, I would choose Contemporary and center your MK days then. Walking back during the after fireworks mad crowds will be a breeze.
I didn’t say Riviera because you are staying at CBR yourfirst pick. You are basically already at the Riviera in this case as all of the shops and restaurants and ability to walk around and view it are right there in walking or quick skyliner distance. If I was at CBR I would be over there all the time (primo piatta). So I think if you are looking to try something new, by the time you get there, you may already know it.

I've done split stays and didn't like it. I couldn't decide between the resorts but if I could do it again I would have stuck with one and settled in the entire time. Once I'm on vacation I just want to relax and not think about packing everything up again until it's time to go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter