Considering Poly CL in lieu of Dining Plan - whatcha think??

jodi413

Earning My Ears
So we are staying at the Poly for the first time this October... We've been lucky in prior years to be able to snag the free dining promo, but I have a bad feeling we'll be in the blackout period this year. If that does happen, I'm thinking about upgrading to club level to take advantage of the breakfast and snacks.

A little more info about us... we're a family of 4, me, DH, DS (6) and DS (5). The boys and I really don't eat much at meals and honestly, on the DP we wind up eating WAY more than we even want to just because it's there. DH will eat if it's there, but as long as he has a big dinner, he's fine with quick options throughout the day. I'm thinking we would be satisfied with breakfast in the CL lounge, quick service lunch or snack throughout the day and a big TS dinner.

What do you think? Is the breakfast offering at the Poly enough to keep us fueled until lunch? I'm going to run the #'s now, but if you have an opinion on whether the cost would be worth it, I'd love to hear it!

THANKS!

So we are staying at the Poly for the first time this October... We've been lucky in prior years to be able to snag the free dining promo, but I have a bad feeling we'll be in the blackout period this year. If that does happen, I'm thinking about upgrading to club level to take advantage of the breakfast and snacks.

A little more info about us... we're a family of 4, me, DH, DS (6) and DS (5). The boys and I really don't eat much at meals and honestly, on the DP we wind up eating WAY more than we even want to just because it's there. DH will eat if it's there, but as long as he has a big dinner, he's fine with quick options throughout the day. I'm thinking we would be satisfied with breakfast in the CL lounge, quick service lunch or snack throughout the day and a big TS dinner.

What do you think? Is the breakfast offering at the Poly enough to keep us fueled until lunch? I'm going to run the #'s now, but if you have an opinion on whether the cost would be worth it, I'd love to hear it!

THANKS!

CL food is more snack-like than full meal. Breakfast will be more continental breakfast.

The price of running to Captain Cook's and getting everybody a big hot breakfast is probably less than the price of upgrading to club level. If the only feature of CL that you'll take advantage of is breakfast and you're not interested in any of the other perks then I wouldn't pay for it. This is coming from somebody who LOVES Poly CL.

Why not just pay OOP intead of buying a dining plan and then just order the food you actually want?

We have stayed Poly CL 2x -most recently 10/2012 with 2 adults, 3 children. The breakfast offerings are fine if you don't need protein to start your day. There is a choice of muffins, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal. You can get milk, juice, coffee and other beverages from the lounge as well. Our family utilized the CL breakfast. But we also needed to go to Captain Cook's and buy a side of scrambled eggs to add to bring back to lounge. Some of my children wanted Mickey Waffles or Tonga Toast which we also brought back to lounge. As for the the other snacks during the day, the afternoon snacks are really minimal. They are fine and tasty but minimal. Goldfish crackers, apples and bananas, trail mix and and cookies. The appetizers are good to hold you over until dinner. They are served between 5 and 7pm. My husband and I were satisfied but my kids did not like most of them.

We love the Polynesian--it is our favorite resort. We have stayed both CL and non-CL. You have to decide on the food factor based on your families eating habits. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Hmmm... thanks for the info. I saw some pictures of the breakfast offerings and I thought it looked like more. We don't spend much time in the room and usually only one or two 1/2 days at the resort anyway, so maybe CL isn't worth it.. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter