Considering a Florida move, need local help!

Just wondering-- How does everybody deal with the heat in the summer after moving from the north? My sister said her friend who lives in Fl (on the beach) "doesn't go outside.." Is it really as bad as some people make it out to be?
Yes...the heat gets very brutal especially in August. It's so humid and the frequent thunderstorms usually don't help much. The best way to avoid it is obviously stay inside in the a/c and it doesn't hurt to have a pool close by. ;)

We work during the hottest part of the day, so we don't even notice it much :). You really do get used to it tho!

We've lived here since August and been on vacations in the summer and I think you are the first person I've spoken to from Florida who says you get used to it. There's a difference between being used to it, and learning to cope with it, which is what I think most of us have to do haha. Lots of time indoors, and pools are a must.

My parents go back and forth between PA and Fl, they live in Pasco Co. They love being so close to the beach (Howard Park is lovely). Some areas are very nice, others have really gone down hill in the last 10 years.
In talking w/ the neighbors they have not been very impressed w/ the schools in their area. As pp said, the grade and middle schools are lacking some.
They are there from July to end of Sept. Do your yard work early on, or right before sun set. Everything in FL is set up for the heat, so at least once you're inside, you're ok. They haven't had anything storm wise effect them too much and they've had the house for over 10 years.
***sidenote***** the Greek bakeries in Tarpon Springs are soooo good and worth the drive:)

Pumbaa7287 said:
We've lived here since August and been on vacations in the summer and I think you are the first person I've spoken to from Florida who says you get used to it. There's a difference between being used to it, and learning to cope with it, which is what I think most of us have to do haha. Lots of time indoors, and pools are a must.

I've lived in south florida for 12 years now and I've gotten used to it:). Like I said, if you work during the day u miss the hottest part. Beach and pools are great and AC is a must. I moved from Boston and loved cold, but not I've become a wus lol! 69's are COLD hahahahaha

Livvys said:
I've lived in south florida for 12 years now and I've gotten used to it:). Like I said, if you work during the day u miss the hottest part. Beach and pools are great and AC is a must. I moved from Boston and loved cold, but not I've become a wus lol! 69's are COLD hahahahaha

Ugh... Horrible typing on my iPad! *now and *60's!

I am a Fl builder and have worked outside several entire summers. You learn to deal with it AND you get used to it. Wear white clothes including a hat, drink lots of gatorade, and it can be tolerated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!