Connecticut DVC Owners thread?

I think there was one years ago but everyone moved to Florida to avoid taxes. haha
I was simply not that smart but am looking for a 2nd home in Orlando now so I can stay at WDW perhaps six weekends a year. Just being out bid on everything by all the New Yorkers moving there. My wife and I are in Wilton. Been members at The Beach Club Villas since 2006. Best investment I ever made (next to Tesla).

Son graduated college three years ago so we are empty nesters. The picture I use is a standard Georgia Tech lunch, PB& J and Banana sandwich on a hot dog roll.

You can never have too many threads, so lets call this the new official CT DVC owners thread. ::yes::

Anybody else from CT drive to WDW? We've driven every time, there's a lot to see on the way there and back!

You can never have too many threads, so lets call this the new official CT DVC owners thread. ::yes::

Anybody else from CT drive to WDW? We've driven every time, there's a lot to see on the way there and back!
CT here. We drove Aug 2019 towing a trailer so we could camp at the Fort for 2 weeks. With my kids in the car the goal is to get there and back as quickly as possible. No stopping to smell the roses for us! We are driving down at the end of the year again, but this time staying at SSR in a Treehouse.

O.P. here!...and now here at OKW...first time staying at this Dvc and loving it! Birthday trip with DH. 1bdrm, near HospHs, view of water.
Had a horrendous flight from Westchester. Diverted to PBI due to weather to refuel and sit for a couple hours. Making up for lost time and fun ever since! Epcot bound today :figment:

+*+*Ok. Let's do this CT Thread! +*+*
We're BLT owners, and happy to be so, but enjoy the other resorts. We never drive down, but renting car now & headed to Ft Lauderdale area next.

Southeast CT, owner at BLT direct purchase since 2010. Added SSR and BRV resale. Our last trip was February, just me and DW. Expect to do similar next January, with a second trip next year probably with the teens. Big Plan on the horizon is a getting the whole family together at a Treehouse after my oldest graduates from college in two years.

Central CT here. We own at OKW and are in the process of closing for PVB points. We have been down 4 times since August last year with the most recent trip in April. We will back for a mostly resort stay at AKL/OKW in early July. Back yet again for the 10/1 50th!
We have never driven and fly from BDL Hartford.

CT here too! Direct owner at Saratoga Spings and Copper Creek at Wilderness lodge. We go alot! Going down again in August! We have driven but I hate the drive LOL! My daughter did the college program and is a FT Castmember now so we always have an excuse to go visit LOL!

CT here too! Direct owner at Saratoga Spings and Copper Creek at Wilderness lodge. We go alot! Going down again in August! We have driven but I hate the drive LOL! My daughter did the college program and is a FT Castmember now so we always have an excuse to go visit LOL!
That is awesome! Our youngest looking to do college program in four years! Heard nothing but great things about it. We have cousins working in Epcot. We're here now (OKW) and will see them today. Be well

O.P. here!...and now here at OKW...first time staying at this Dvc and loving it! Birthday trip with DH. 1bdrm, near HospHs, view of water.
Had a horrendous flight from Westchester. Diverted to PBI due to weather to refuel and sit for a couple hours. Making up for lost time and fun ever since! Epcot bound today :figment:

+*+*Ok. Let's do this CT Thread! +*+*
We're BLT owners, and happy to be so, but enjoy the other resorts. We never drive down, but renting car now & headed to Ft Lauderdale area next.
I can relate to Westchester issues. Times don't work for me and the flights out of JFK are a lot cheaper.

For other CT DVC members, if you cancelled your annual pass last year due to the virus, you can call in to the VIP Passholders line - 407-939-7277 and get a reissue now. They will state that they will get back to you within 30 days. You may be on hold a long time but its worth it.

Southern CT here, technically shoreline of central CT I suppose. We own direct at Riviera but are adding on in the next week, likely at OKW.

Since the shutdown, we did 8 nights at Thanksgiving (split stay 1 bedroom BLT and a 2 bedroom at OKW) and 8 nights in mid-May (1 night in a 1 bedroom at Jambo and 7 nights in a 2 bedroom lake view at VGF). I always thought we would love VGF but I was so wrong; it wasn’t our cup of tea.

We generally fly out of Bradley or Providence; both are almost equidistant from us. I’ve been asking my husband to drive down one day (so many of our local friends do that). He says he is willing to do it “one day when the kids are older”.

Howdy neighbors! Chiming in from the UCONN area. Been owners since 2008 at SSR and VWL(BRV).
We are at WDW now. Checked in very late to BC on Monday because our plane out of BDL also did circles and was diverted to PBI for fuel.
We are at SSR now moving to CCV on Sunday.
My crew will not entertain the thought of driving but I’d love to sometime. For those who do drive help me sell them on it.

If any of you lovely Nutmeggers have found great airline deals from our CT, RI, NY even MA airports, grab your seats, then do some of us a solid and clue us in here! Thank you in advance. O.P. ✈️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter