confusing PIN code offer

It isn't something you should have to ask for. They are changing things up, though, with introducing "keys to the world" like they have at WDW and such, so I don't know what their exact procedure is now. But last Sept when we checked into PPH, we were given a sheet of nice paper with the guidelines for various things spelled out, along with the MM info (though at the time it was EE, lol). And the CM told us exactly what days we would have MM/EE and what we needed to show to get in! It was very informative at check-in.

Katie & Bumbershoot - I think our CM was sleeping on the job at the PPH this past weekend!!! She gave us the Keys to the Magic (with my name misspelled, even after I gave them the correct spelling), and she automatically connected BOTH keys to my debit card, which she should not have done. She should have asked me first if I wanted BOTH keys to be attached to my card or just one. She just went ahead and did what she felt was okay. She didn't give us a parking pass - she forgot, and we had to go back to the front desk at night and ask for it - nor did she tell us anything about Early Entry/Magic Morning, which they always do! And when I got there to check in, there was no one else there for the first few minutes. People showed up while I was at the desk.

As to the question of whether I liked the PPH, well, this was not my best stay there, let's put it that way. I think this was my 3rd or 4th time at PPH (can't recall now!) and it has always been pleasant - nothing extravagant, but nice. Cheaper than the other two hotels! I WAS delighted to see that they now have the Mickey Ears shampoo bottles in the bathroom that the DLH has. But the water from the faucet smelled like poo (or let's be nice and call it sulfur), and we hated having to turn it on to rinse after brushing, and a drawer in the armoire wouldn't stay shut and my friend banged into it in the middle of the night while trying to go to the bathroom. It wasn't enough to keep me from going back - in fact, if I had complained while I was there instead of waiting until I got home, they might have upgraded us to a nifty view room or concierge room or something! Who knows? I did send an e-mail to Guest Services when I got home - about the PPH and about the bad Carnation Cafe meal. In any case, I guess it was just an 'off' weekend for PPH (and for Carnation too), but we did use the 'shortcut' through the GCH lobby many times en route to DTD or DL. That was handy.

I like the DLH and I have not stayed there in ages and ages. I can see, though, that my friend(s) poop out the more walking we have to do. She tried her best, but my friend seemed to have much more pep and zing when we stayed at GCH, in just a standard room. If only it were not SO expensive there!

Thanks for the kind words, Katie - I am struggling to stay afloat in these financially disastrous times, while the unemployment rate soars all around me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter