Conflicting info between TA and DCL site

My daughter is a Disney TA. Recently when making payment on a customers cruise it came up PIF when she logged in. When she called Disney, they still had a balance showing and said there was a glitch on the website.

My guess is they'd be more likely to have a clause with a fee if the customer cancels than to try to sneak in an extra fee. That's a good way to ruin your business.

My guess is they'd be more likely to have a clause with a fee if the customer cancels than to try to sneak in an extra fee. That's a good way to ruin your business.

I’m kind of shocked that Disney breaks it down that way for guests since the TA does not get the commission until AFTER the trip is completed.

I’m kind of shocked that Disney breaks it down that way for guests since the TA does not get the commission until AFTER the trip is completed.

It does kind of expose the TA in terms of what their commission is. You’d think DCL would do right by their business partners and fix that.

My TA said she was embarrassed by this issue because now I have a ballpark as to what her commission is at a minimum ($468 / $4,900 = 9.5%). I would feel the same way. I don’t like people knowing how much $$$ I make, either.

But I hope it’s a lot more than 9.5%. If I’m paying the same either way, I want her to get the biggest cut possible.

It does kind of expose the TA in terms of what their commission is. You’d think DCL would do right by their business partners and fix that.

My TA said she was embarrassed by this issue because now I have a ballpark as to what her commission is at a minimum ($468 / $4,900 = 9.5%). I would feel the same way. I don’t like people knowing how much $$$ I make, either.

But I hope it’s a lot more than 9.5%. If I’m paying the same either way, I want her to get the biggest cut possible.

She may not actually get all of that commission. Disney pays out a certain percentage depending on the agency and then the host company take a cut and then I get a cut.

She may not actually get all of that commission. Disney pays out a certain percentage depending on the agency and then the host company take a cut and then I get a cut.

Right. I’m just saying - the more for her, the better.

This happened to us once. If you make a Partial Payment more than the amount of the cruise but LESS than the amount of your travel agents commission, the Disney Cruise site will say Paid in Full. (for easy Math, Cruise is $1000 total and your Agent Receives $100 in Commission, once you pay over $900 this can happen on the DCL website) This is an error on Disney's side. If you do the math on your payments, your agent is telling you the truth. If you don't pay the full amount on your original cruise reservation, you will be auto cancelled. Double check your payments. I think you'll find you owe just a little bit more.

This happened to us once. If you make a Partial Payment more than the amount of the cruise but LESS than the amount of your travel agents commission, the Disney Cruise site will say Paid in Full. (for easy Math, Cruise is $1000 total and your Agent Receives $100 in Commission, once you pay over $900 this can happen on the DCL website) This is an error on Disney's side. If you do the math on your payments, your agent is telling you the truth. If you don't pay the full amount on your original cruise reservation, you will be auto cancelled. Double check your payments. I think you'll find you owe just a little bit more.

Thanks. I never doubted my TA’s honesty. I was more questioning the accuracy on DCL’s part.

It’s all good on my end. I still think it’s crappy on DCL’s part to expose the TA’s commission without his/her consent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter