• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concerned about our trip

i stayed at both POR and Pop Century during major refurbishments and it didn't affect our stay at all.
They were only refurbishing rooms, not the food areas, so if you weren't near the rooms being refurbed, you didn't really know anything was going on.

but if you're really worried, then call the second the phone lines open. You'll still have to wait forever (probably an hour, maybe two), but hang on and wait.
And when the CM gets on the phone very nicely request to be moved to POR or POFQ.
Say it's your anniversary or your only trip or blah blah blah.....some really nice sob story and very nicely request to be moved. That it's a big surprise for the wife or whatever. But try not to take no for an answer. Good luck!!!! :)

I could live with a room refurb but they have knocked down part of the cabana area and are building a 15 storey tower there. Alot of heavy machinery including cranes are a possibility as well as bridge and paving areas being closed.
My wife has got to the point now where there will be no no answer taken and we will cancel and go to a villa if needs be but really not what we wanted for this trip.

I could live with a room refurb but they have knocked down part of the cabana area and are building a 15 storey tower there. Alot of heavy machinery including cranes are a possibility as well as bridge and paving areas being closed.
My wife has got to the point now where there will be no no answer taken and we will cancel and go to a villa if needs be but really not what we wanted for this trip.

so call and tell them that!
tell them your wife is very upset and you are upset in turn because you did this whole thing for her etc etc..
really play it up...good husband...upset wife...
and beg them to please help you....move you to the equivalent resort (POR/POFQ)..
it's not like you're asking for an upgrade, you're just asking to be moved to another moderate resort....
and don't take no for an answer...

Latest is we phoned them yesterday and to move to POFQ would cost another £500ish and to POR £900ish. Was so stunned I asked how much it would cost to cancel it and without a hint of caring she informed me it would cost me my deposit of £100. She then asked if there was anything else she could do and I refrained from telling her what I really wanted to tell her to do and left it at that. However my wife put something on twitter which was retweeted by a friend and today she was contacted by a manager who has been very helpful and understanding and also told us she would look back at our past calls and emails to see how they were dealt with. She is going to find out more details of the construction and will contact us by the end of next week. My wife said she was amazing and I woould like to say her name was Eunace (not sure if spelt right) and she has eased my wife's mood considerably today. No matter what happens now she has brought the Disney Magic back just a little

Latest is we phoned them yesterday and to move to POFQ would cost another £500ish and to POR £900ish. Was so stunned I asked how much it would cost to cancel it and without a hint of caring she informed me it would cost me my deposit of £100. She then asked if there was anything else she could do and I refrained from telling her what I really wanted to tell her to do and left it at that. However my wife put something on twitter which was retweeted by a friend and today she was contacted by a manager who has been very helpful and understanding and also told us she would look back at our past calls and emails to see how they were dealt with. She is going to find out more details of the construction and will contact us by the end of next week. My wife said she was amazing and I woould like to say her name was Eunace (not sure if spelt right) and she has eased my wife's mood considerably today. No matter what happens now she has brought the Disney Magic back just a little

i probably would have told her just what she could do....
that's amazing that the manager called.
i hope it all gets taken care of to your satisfaction!!!! :)

The agents are clearly guided to resolve issues at first point of contact, its a classic call centre rule. Escalating is the only way to get stuff done!

OMG, I can't believe that they want to charge that!!

There are quite a few of us staying at CSR who have posted a thread on the Dibb board about the CSR Construction ( sorry if not allowed to mention it) and we are all trying to get Disney to move us as the latest photos, you tube videos are not looking promising. You pay a lot of money for these holidays and expect to have a magical time, not listen to the noise of a construction site when you head back to the resort for some down time.

I did read that on the CBR thread, someone called Eunice at Disney has stepped in to make stays more magical for persons who were not getting anywhere and I wonder if its the same person.

Please keep us updated as to whether Disney are prepared to allow you to move resort FOC.

Thanks

OMG, I can't believe that they want to charge that!!

There are quite a few of us staying at CSR who have posted a thread on the Dibb board about the CSR Construction ( sorry if not allowed to mention it) and we are all trying to get Disney to move us as the latest photos, you tube videos are not looking promising. You pay a lot of money for these holidays and expect to have a magical time, not listen to the noise of a construction site when you head back to the resort for some down time.

I did read that on the CBR thread, someone called Eunice at Disney has stepped in to make stays more magical for persons who were not getting anywhere and I wonder if its the same person.

Please keep us updated as to whether Disney are prepared to allow you to move resort FOC.

Thanks

You forget that this could happen at any hotel any where in the world. They don't have to do anything.

At Wilderness Lodge they very quickly (without 24 hours of announcements) sorted people out with money, or moving resorts, this has not happened with CSR. I think due to the fact the resort amenities are not being changed. I'd fully expect CBR guests to be allowed to move as their food court etc are being stripped out.

I know I sound harsh, but just setting expectations.

You forget that this could happen at any hotel any where in the world. They don't have to do anything.

At Wilderness Lodge they very quickly (without 24 hours of announcements) sorted people out with money, or moving resorts, this has not happened with CSR. I think due to the fact the resort amenities are not being changed. I'd fully expect CBR guests to be allowed to move as their food court etc are being stripped out.

I know I sound harsh, but just setting expectations.

Very true, however I wouldn't knowingly have booked a resort undergoing construction, and had I been made aware, we would have chosen elsewhere and not thought anything else about it.
My friend has lived in a building site for the last year, and the last six months I've had a building site at work so no I don't want to see any construction or listen to any construction on my holiday.
I've been advised that if this had happened elsewhere in the world I would have had the opportunity to move resort without any penalties. I fully appreciate some people are happy and don't think that this will bother them, I on the other hand do feel that the construction of a 15 storey tower block, closure of walkways to El Centro and room refurbs is going to bother me.
This is my first time going to Disney World, and probably my last time as its turning into the holiday from hell for other reasons besides the resort! It just been one thing after another and I'm very close to saying to my friend to cancel as we've only paid the deposit and I'd rather just lose that, then have an awful holiday especially as we like to head back to the resort in the afternoon for a lounge on the sun bed. As it stands at the moment, my Travel Agent is still looking into options for us, but its not so easy as a lot of guests have already been moved from CBR to POR & POFQ.

I've been advised that if this had happened elsewhere in the world I would have had the opportunity to move resort without any penalties
If you'd bought a package with say Thompson or Thomas Cook to Spain or Greece they wouldn't have told you of any construction and you'd have turned up!!

I hope your TA can sort something out :)

Seeing as it's a first trip, we spent very little time at our hotel (stayed off site), because everything was so new, and we didn't know if we'd ever go back. (Turns out we've been a couple of times a year ever since!! lol)

Last edited:
If you'd bought a package with say Thompson or Thomas Cook to Spain or Greece they wouldn't have told you of any construction and you'd have turned up!!

I hope your TA can sort something out :)

Seeing as it's a first trip, we spent very little time at our hotel (stayed off site), because everything was so new, and we didn't know if we'd ever go back. (Turns out we've been a couple of times a year ever since!! lol)

I'm hoping that its going to be Magical once we get there. As I suffer from fatigue quite easily, we always pace ourselves and head back to the resort for a nap or lounge by the pool each day, hence one of the reasons for booking onsite so we could come and go as we please ( Never been to Disney World but have done Disneyland):)

Fingers crossed the TA can sort us out - strangely enough it was them that said we would have moved resort if it had been elsewhere! Oh well, you live and learn.

Well Eunace was amazing from what my DW told me but the best she could do was POFQ for £300 extra and I am not prepared to pay any more then the £2900 we are already paying to go to another moderate. We have both decided to make the most of what we booked but hope that what we have been told is true and it wont effect our trip much. We are not big complainers generally but the way we were spoken to and treated when we gave our initial concerns just made us more angry and what to complain further. If we had spoken to a Eunace initially Im sure it would have been one call and done.
I know people have there opinions on if we were right to complain or not but I was just given people my updates and opinion. Sorry if you dont agree

Well Eunace was amazing from what my DW told me but the best she could do was POFQ for £300 extra and I am not prepared to pay any more then the £2900 we are already paying to go to another moderate. We have both decided to make the most of what we booked but hope that what we have been told is true and it wont effect our trip much. We are not big complainers generally but the way we were spoken to and treated when we gave our initial concerns just made us more angry and what to complain further. If we had spoken to a Eunace initially Im sure it would have been one call and done.
I know people have there opinions on if we were right to complain or not but I was just given people my updates and opinion. Sorry if you dont agree

you had every right to complain - don't apologize!!
i hope in the end it's wonderful for you..

I know not everyone will agree but personally, a holiday I'd potentially hate for £2900 or a fantastic stress free holiday for £3200, I'd go for the relocation. Obviously depends if you have the £300 spare though. The resort is really important to us so it would really annoy us too.

I'd jump at the chance to move resort for £300, if it meant a relaxing holiday, versus listening to construction noise, although it grates that you have to pay to move resort.

Our TA quoted us £1000.00 to move resort from CSR to POFQ, err no thanks, that's a bit too much to pay out!!

We'll just take ear plugs and hope to request a room in Casitas area, well away from any construction we hope!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter