Concept art v. Reality at Lighthouse Point

xiphoid76

DIS Veteran
I always love looking back on the concept art and images of a project and then see the reality years later when done. I found this from 2023, but I imagine there are earlier concept art pictures as well. Overall looks pretty close to final design (maybe more chairs in front of the dunes than behind). And less flies in the concept art :) Looking forward to visiting in February next year and seeing for ourselves.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disn...-point-in-the-bahamas-to-open-summer-2024.htm

It's always interesting to us Disney fans to follow new developments from their announcement (and even in anticipation to their announcement) through to their completion. Some times we are disappointed. Other times we are surprised. I'm reminded of Walt saying that the parks will be constantly changing. That goes for design concepts as well.

I would be interested to know what perspective year that was offered to display.
I’m not fond of the way that sentence looks.
Let me say it this way.
How long did they think it was gonna take for it to look like those pictures?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest