Completely dissappointed with BWV

3DisneyNUTS

<font color=green>can't think of anything witty!<b
Wow you guys I was never so dissappointed with a WDW stay in my life. What a complete dissappointment to say the least. The only word of advice I have to say is listen to reviews. If you read something and it doesn't sit right for you don't book.

We stayed in a 2BR for 2 nights then extended our stay instead of going to OKW. I so regret doing that but I will explain. We had room 5075-73 which was right near the elevator. We had just returned from DCL I had booked a 2br and a studio the studio was ready and the 2 br was not so we went to MK for the day when we returned the 2BR which was 'right next to' the studio wasn't really it was down the hall. The only reason I brought this up is that the CM should have not told my MIL that they were next to each other because they weren't. Other than that my family was blown away by to room and being right on the boardwalk. So everything was good so far.

So of course being so close to the elevators made me not realize the lack of planning by whomever designed the villas. After deciding we didn't feel like
changing resorts I asked if we could keep the studio portion of the 2 bedroom since most of our party was leaving. Well that was not available so they did have a studio available right away (should have been my red flag) 3136. The very last door of the THIRD hallway on the third floor. OMG were the people who laid out the Villas smoking dope? I used to think the long hallway complaint was just bellyachers but DH and I are fit people and love to walk but walking 3 hallways each comparable to a football field if not longer after a day at the parks and an hour bus ride is not my idea of fun. Once we started the trek to the room we knew EXACTLY what all the belly achers were talking about. God how I wish I had taken their advice. WHY would there be ONE set of elevators servicing an entire resort?

The busses good grief! Sharing the busses with 4 resorts is absurd! Getting anywhere was a nightmare and took forever! That was really aggrivating and also the wait for the bus was long. They were not spaced out properly and for example we would get 2 busses for MK right next to each other so if you missed them the wait till they came back was longer than usual. Going to Typhoon lagoon or Downtown was even more annoying since they would pick up at boardwalk drive through the swan dolphin YBC and then pass directly passed the Boardwalk entrance again. It made absolutely no sense on why the Boardwalk did not get picked up after rather than get on the bus go through every stop just to pass the stop again. It is completely absurd. If I owned at BWV I would definitely have issue with the bus sharing.

Also another thing that distrubed me was how long the room service dirty dishes would sit outside people's rooms. Filthy plates just sitting there one room had their stuff outside their door for at least 5 hours!!! We had left our room at about 7:30 am and returned to our room about 2pm and it was still there! This wasn't an isolated incident. The day we checked into the resort we noticed alot of stuff in the hallways thinking it was a fluke I ignored it but after noticing stuff ourside the doors frequently I started to take notice. I mean there were thise one set of chicken wings that were sitting there forever! The odd thing is that you could constantly smell food while walking the halls unfortunately it wasn't the smell of fresh food cooking but of what someone ate the night before.

So for those of you who love BWV I wish I had the same magical experience you guys do. My husband said he enjoyed POP Century better and he wanted me to make sure I posted our experience. It was definitely a waste of points.

So sign me up for
outside hallways (no smells)
more elevators
resort only busses (no sharing)
pool was great but the kids area not so great!

Now please remember this isn't to resort bash it is just my experince with this resort. There are some things I did like which was the boardwalk (especially the bakery), the proximity to Epcot, the lobby decorations, the themeing of the pool area and how much it reminded me of my late grandmother who was a Coney Island buff. The community center had alot for the kids. Also the keister coaster was cool but seemed to be the only thing to attract kids. No water play area. I am definitely a fan of zero entry. BUT it wasn't enough too give my recommendations to the place.

My husband wants me to add that the beds are too small in the studios also. I am sorry for all the negativity but this is what we felt. It is a shame.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay at BWV. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at BWV. Hope your next DVC trip is more magical! :goodvibes

Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience.

I came home Monday from a 3 night wonderful BWV stay. Never saw food trays in the hall, in fact we had a 3 night stay in August, had rooms very much down the hall, so much so that our balcony was the last in the row and we had a side view of ToT, and I made a note that there were not trays in the halls as I had read about.

My wish list would include more elevators, but can they be added? Bus service was fine for us, I don't mind stopping at other resorts, but isn't it only the Swan and Dolphin, 2 others? I don't remember stopping anywhere else. I don't travel with small children, so that's a factor I'm sure.

Pixie dust to you for a happier next visit.

Bobbi :wizard:

Thats why there are more than 1 DVC resort. Different tastes. I haven't stayed ther yet , so I have no opinion but thanks for sharing yours.

3DisneyNUTS said:
My husband wants me to add that the beds are too small in the studios also. I am sorry for all the negativity but this is what we felt. It is a shame.

Other than OKW (and maybe an Inn room at VB), that studio room is nearly identical to SSR, BCV and VWL. Other than decor. You get one queen sized bed and one double sleeper sofa.

If I have to do a studio, I think I'll stick to OKW for the two queen sized beds. But we'll probably only do one bedrooms or larger from here on.

3DisneyNUTS said:

Sorry you didn't like BWV, I've never stayed there. I love OKW...but to be fair...

Uhhh...don't all studios, except OKW, have a queen bed and a full sleeper sofa? And weren't you aware of this? That's why OKW works well for us, but I can see the bed/sofa set-up working out for other people.

Now, I love OKW...but to compare the two resorts is apples to oranges. OKW doesn't even offer room service, so there can't be any dishes waiting in the hall (and I have seen dishes in the hall for a long time at major off-site hotels as well.)

Also, OKW has only two or three bldgs with elevators, the "60" bldgs, so your "elevator" comparison doesn't fit.

Busses, I certainly agree every resort should be dedicated, or share with one other resort at the most. OKW did share with the treehouses in the early years.

I think the beds at SSR are bigger. I am pretty sure they are king and that is why at first glance the BWV room seems bigger. Then we realized it was the bed size. I have not had the problem with the bed size when we stayed at SSR and that is the only other DVC resort (aside from HHI but we had a 2 br there too) where we had a studio. I could be wrong but this time we noticed the bed was way too small for us.

DVCconvert said:
Then that's where you should stay in the future! Live and learn--right? :)
And we will probably use POP as cash nights since my son LOVES the themeing so much.

We will probably stick to SSR since that is our home and we loved it! I also loved HHI. It was just so upsetting not to even like BW. It was just so not what we would expect. Of course if it weren't a combination of things we could overlook it. I mean the bus service isn't stellar at SSR but hopefully that will be worked on. The fact there isn't a sit down restaurant was a negative too but overall it is a fabulous resort. BWV didn't even leave us with any magic.

bobbiwoz said:
Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience.

I came home Monday from a 3 night wonderful BWV stay. Never saw food trays in the hall, in fact we had a 3 night stay in August, had rooms very much down the hall, so much so that our balcony was the last in the row and we had a side view of ToT, and I made a note that there were not trays in the halls as I had read about.

My wish list would include more elevators, but can they be added? Bus service was fine for us, I don't mind stopping at other resorts, but isn't it only the Swan and Dolphin, 2 others? I don't remember stopping anywhere else. I don't travel with small children, so that's a factor I'm sure.

Pixie dust to you for a happier next visit.

Bobbi :wizard:
I counted Swan and Dolphin as 2 and then YBC and the BW so that is 4 resoerts. Are sawn and Dolphin considered one? If so then it is 3 resorts. Being the Swan and Dolphin are so big they should have their own. It was standing room on 75% of the busses we took.

I think elevators could be added but that is major. I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

It was just so upsetting not to even like BW.

Why let it be "upsetting" to you?

It's like trying (insert a flavor here) type of ice cream, and concluding you like another flavor better! -- I'd suggest you contain you're thoughts of being "upset" and substitute them with the thoughts that you've made a decision that you like "A" over "B" ! :)

Hopefully over the next 50 or so years we can all try the different DVC resorts. I truly believe that the 'right' resort for someone depends on their situation for that visit.

It's the same way when I book non-DVC Disney resorts - the length of trip, people coming along, time of year, etc all contribute to my choice.

Thank goodness we all have different tastes, or 90,000 of us would try and squeeze into BWV together! Don't feel bad about not liking BWV...

Thank goodness we all have different tastes, or 90,000 of us would try and squeeze into BWV together!

I'm ALL for "Togetherness" and the spirit of being a "community" -- but that might be 'pushing the envelop abit!'

:rotfl2: :teeth: :rotfl: ;)

Sorry to hear you weren't happy at BWV. We love it there. A few things...

I've stayed at the end of the hall many times and I actually like it. If you can do stairs, you just go down the stairs, out the door and you're at the bus stop. Also - you can go down the same stairs and out to the quiet pool to the MGM path. I don't find the walk to the room that long really. At least the walk is indoors if it's a rainy day.

The busses share only with Swan and Dolphin for MK and AK. We were always the first picked up and the first dropped off. I didn't mind that - it really only adds 10 min. or so to your trip. For DTD and Typhoon Lagoon, I agree the bus is a pain since they add on YC/BC stops. You just can't beat being able to walk home from Illuminations or Fantasmic when there's a huge crowd.

Over this past weekend, I only took a bus to the MK and we only stopped at the Swan and then the Dolphin and then BWV on the trip home. Maybe other busses go to the other places, but that's all I experienced.

Bobbi :sunny:

3DisneyNUTS said:
I think the beds at SSR are bigger. I am pretty sure they are king and that is why at first glance the BWV room seems bigger. Then we realized it was the bed size. I have not had the problem with the bed size when we stayed at SSR and that is the only other DVC resort (aside from HHI but we had a 2 br there too) where we had a studio. I could be wrong but this time we noticed the bed was way too small for us.
No DVC studios have king beds. All have at least one queen plus either a second queen or pull out full. Only VB and OKW has the 2 queen arrangement.

3DisneyNUTS said:

The only kings in DVC rooms are in 1 bedrooms and larger (master only). Is it possible somehow a double was slipped into this BWV studio?

3DisneyNUTS said:
The busses good grief! Sharing the busses with 4 resorts is absurd! Getting anywhere was a nightmare and took forever!
Half the advantage to BWV is that you can walk to Epcot, and with a longer walk, to MGM. I like to walk through Epcot and take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. The boats provide pretty good transportation to MGM if you don't want to walk.

So if you aren't into walking a little bit, I suppose BWV might not be the best choice.

facebook twitter