Coming from the Great White North in August, what are we thinking? We're back!

Great start to your TR purplepeg and you have some wonderful photos! Your girls are so sweet!! I love the one of your DD4 on the bus with her sunglasses on. She is pretty cool!!

I have the same Heys bag as you and your sister and mine is purple!! Gee, I wonder why yours is???! I love that bag, just wish I was using it soon.

Did the girls enjoy going on a ride by themselves? That would have been a bit scary, but they look like they were enjoying themselves.

I wanted to ask you if your DH did any geocaching in the parks. From what I read in your cruise TR and what your DH posted about it, I thought that my DH would enjoy it. We just celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary so I bought him the same GPS that your DH has and suggested. So far he seems very intrigued. He likes to "hunt" for all sorts of treasure, both virtual and real. I know your DD8 did the geocaching with your DH on the cruise. Does she enjoy it much? Does she understand how the GPS thing works? THe photo of them on the hunt in MK is great. Is there anything there for them to find?

Suz

Gee thanks but I've got to ask you if you said to your DH in private "see I'm not that bad I just buy matching T's.":rotfl: I should warn you I started with purchased T's then starting doing iron on transfers then went completely over the edge with sewing outfits. The Dis can make you do crazy things.:rotfl2:

Looking forward to reading more of your TR!

That is so funny:rotfl: No I didn't actually say that. I was so in awe of you and your talent. I was actually telling a neighbor all about you tonight.:woohoo: You are right, the Dis can do some carzy things.:banana:

Great start to your TR purplepeg and you have some wonderful photos! Your girls are so sweet!! I love the one of your DD4 on the bus with her sunglasses on. She is pretty cool!!

I have the same Heys bag as you and your sister and mine is purple!! Gee, I wonder why yours is???! I love that bag, just wish I was using it soon.

Did the girls enjoy going on a ride by themselves? That would have been a bit scary, but they look like they were enjoying themselves.

I wanted to ask you if your DH did any geocaching in the parks. From what I read in your cruise TR and what your DH posted about it, I thought that my DH would enjoy it. We just celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary so I bought him the same GPS that your DH has and suggested. So far he seems very intrigued. He likes to "hunt" for all sorts of treasure, both virtual and real. I know your DD8 did the geocaching with your DH on the cruise. Does she enjoy it much? Does she understand how the GPS thing works? THe photo of them on the hunt in MK is great. Is there anything there for them to find?

Suz

Hi Suz, I am actually going to defer all the questions to dh. because he has all the details. He loves it, I could take it or leave it. I personally thinks he's obsessed, but that's what he says about me and the Dis so I guess it's all perspective:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Suz

Suz

I was hoping someone would ask about geocaching again!!:cool1:

Now geocaching at the parks is a bit different than at Castaway Cay or at home. You might remember from the Cruise TR that the object of the game is to find hidden caches that other people have left behind and placed the co ordiantes on Geocaching.com. Now the fine folks at the House of Mouse frown on funny guys like me hiding stuff in the parks and for other funny people to find.(I guess it does look suspicious!!!:cool2: )

Each of the parks have an old cache type called a "virtual cache" (in fact geocaching.com does not allow new virtual caches to be made any more)
For these caches the owner of the cache sends you to a cool land mark to claim the find. In some cases they may also request a photo of you at the spot or to answer some questions that can only be answered if you are actually there. DD8 and I got all 6 virtual caches at WDW and had a blast, even with TS Fay looming down on us. DD8 loves the hunt with me(even if she not sure how the GPS thingy works:3dglasses )

Hope that helps shed some more light on our cool hobby DH:surfweb:

Suz

I was hoping someone would ask about geocaching again!!:cool1:

Now geocaching at the parks is a bit different than at Castaway Cay or at home. You might remember from the Cruise TR that the object of the game is to find hidden caches that other people have left behind and placed the co ordiantes on Geocaching.com. Now the fine folks at the House of Mouse frown on funny guys like me hiding stuff in the parks and for other funny people to find.(I guess it does look suspicious!!!:cool2: )

Each of the parks have an old cache type called a "virtual cache" (in fact geocaching.com does not allow new virtual caches to be made any more)
For these caches the owner of the cache sends you to a cool land mark to claim the find. In some cases they may also request a photo of you at the spot or to answer some questions that can only be answered if you are actually there. DD8 and I got all 6 virtual caches at WDW and had a blast, even with TS Fay looming down on us. DD8 loves the hunt with me(even if she not sure how the GPS thingy works:3dglasses )

Hope that helps shed some more light on our cool hobby DH:surfweb:

Thanks GeoDoc! Great information and I will share it with my DH. I also bought him a book, "Geocaching for Dummies" and he has thumbed through it. Our long weekend was super busy so he has not had time to actually horse around with the GPS thing and read the book. I tried to find the book that was reccommended on the geocaching.com website, but our Chapters was out. Have you used any books for reference? Do you like using the Legend? They had ones with larger screens, but I liked that this one came with maps already for North America. Is it a good model for a newbie to use?

Thanks for you help GeoDoc.

Suz

Thanks GeoDoc! Great information and I will share it with my DH. I also bought him a book, "Geocaching for Dummies" and he has thumbed through it. Our long weekend was super busy so he has not had time to actually horse around with the GPS thing and read the book. I tried to find the book that was reccommended on the geocaching.com website, but our Chapters was out. Have you used any books for reference? Do you like using the Legend? They had ones with larger screens, but I liked that this one came with maps already for North America. Is it a good model for a newbie to use?

Thanks for you help GeoDoc.

Suz

Hi Suz

DD8 and I essentially started geocaching after I bought a portable in Car Garmin GPS last summer. We read a bit on the internet and I have a friend who caches as well so we have not yet used any reference books. We just learned by doing it!!!:)

I bought the Etrex legend last fall, I do like it, however sometimes the monochrome screen seems a bit dark and small. Otherwise it works fine for caching and I think is a good starter model. Just an FYI, I would think most Garmin handhelds come with the basic North America Map. More detailed maps can be purchased to add to the unit. I have not done this for the hand held as we usually Geocache in the city and the map detail is not essential. For my in car model I have the most up to date road map update.

Thanks for the post.

Geodoc

Hi Suz

DD8 and I essentially started geocaching after I bought a portable in Car Garmin GPS last summer. We read a bit on the internet and I have a friend who caches as well so we have not yet used any reference books. We just learned by doing it!!!:)

I bought the Etrex legend last fall, I do like it, however sometimes the monochrome screen seems a bit dark and small. Otherwise it works fine for caching and I think is a good starter model. Just an FYI, I would think most Garmin handhelds come with the basic North America Map. More detailed maps can be purchased to add to the unit. I have not done this for the hand held as we usually Geocache in the city and the map detail is not essential. For my in car model I have the most up to date road map update.

Thanks for the post.

Geodoc

Thanks Geodoc, this is great information. I think I may just have to try out the whole thing with DH! It really seems like fun and maybe a great way to start our DD5 on a new hobbie with Daddy! I will let you know what he thinks of it all.

Suz

I just finished reading your whole PTR and the start of your TR. It sounds wonderful. I've started planning our next trip which isn't until next year. Looking at all your pictures makes me wish it were much sooner. Your daughters and your niece are beautiful and look so happy. I'm with everyone else, you poor daughter, to have to sit between two people who really hate flying. I did have a good laugh while looking at those pictures though. I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip.:surfweb:

I tell ya! She's trying to ruin that poor kid! First Titanic and now this!!!

Hey, purplepeg, I noticed that Titanic is going to be on TNT tonight... you're going to let DS stay up and watch it, right? And little Mini Montana should watch it too.... why should big sister have all the fun?

/me ducking and running

I have the same heys bag in lime green and black.

My hubby soooo wanted to get Dr Ho's pain machine. Does it really work? Of course now he wants the tiny donut maker we saw in the skymall magazine on airtran on the way home.

I just finished reading your whole PTR and the start of your TR. It sounds wonderful. I've started planning our next trip which isn't until next year. Looking at all your pictures makes me wish it were much sooner. Your daughters and your niece are beautiful and look so happy. I'm with everyone else, you poor daughter, to have to sit between two people who really hate flying. I did have a good laugh while looking at those pictures though. I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip.:surfweb:

First off :welcome: Thanks for the compliments on all the 'chillins' (that's what I like to call the children) My sister still swears she wasn't that bad and dd8 said it had nothing to do with their behavior.:rolleyes1 I don't believe it for a second, I think dd8 is just too nice to admit that her aunt has scarred her for life.:lmao:

I tell ya! She's trying to ruin that poor kid! First Titanic and now this!!!

Hey, purplepeg, I noticed that Titanic is going to be on TNT tonight... you're going to let DS stay up and watch it, right? And little Mini Montana should watch it too.... why should big sister have all the fun?

/me ducking and running

You are BAD:happytv: You should:duck: :tiptoe: :rotfl2:

I have the same heys bag in lime green and black.

My hubby soooo wanted to get Dr Ho's pain machine. Does it really work? Of course now he wants the tiny donut maker we saw in the skymall magazine on airtran on the way home.

YES,YES, and YES again. It really does work. I swear by it. I don't use it as much as I should but I love it. I actually want to get the one the Shopping Channel that has 4 pads. That way you treat 2 spots at once and cut down on how long it needs to be on. Although I have to say the mini donut machine sounds really good. Might not get rid of the pain but boy they'd probably take your mind off the pain for as long a it would take to eat a dozen:lmao:

Just to let you know...I haven't forgotten about you. School started this week and dd4's birthday was last week and we're having her friend party tomorrow. Her friend(and neighbor) is also having his party tomorrow (after hers). Well wouldn't you know it, she's had a fever :sick: for the past 3 days so I'm really hoping she wakes up fever free tomorrow. A friend's son seemed to have the same thing, no symptoms except for the fever. Her son's went away on the 4th day so it it better be the same for her because she will be sooooooooooooooo disappointed if she can't go to her parties. Cross your fingers for us.

She was at her first 1 hr of preschool today. It was mostly signing papers for the parents and writing cheques. She was so quiet and stayed by my side that she's really lulled that poor teacher into a false sense of security:rotfl2: Wait until she arrives on Monday and doesn't stop talking at the top of her lungs:rotfl: Oh well, as I always say, ignorance is bliss:rolleyes1

We had ADR’s at 7:10 pm at Le Cellier. We were very excited to be going here for dinner. We really enjoy the food here and it is from “our home and native land” !

Here we are arriving at the turnstiles
DSC01413.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

Here's a photo of Jasmine all dressed up purty for dinner.
DSC01415.jpg

When we arrived we were early so dh and the girls took off to find yet another virtual cache.

Here they are at the waterfall before the movie in Canada.

Notice dd4 has colored hair in.
DSC02671.jpg

They did their own tattoos on their legs before we left home.
DSC02672.jpg

QoaT and jasmine and I went inside to the beautiful air conditioning and QoaT struck up a conversation with a CM. She was telling us how fun it is to work there and how her time there is passing really quickly. The CM told us they were running late so we did end up waiting for quite a while but we were having a great conversation and it was air conditioned and we sitting down so what more could you ask for?

We finally got to our table and had Daniel as our server. He was very pleasant and friendly but was not the best server in the world.

Here we are at dinner.
DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC02673.jpg

This just captures dd4's spirit.
DSC02674.jpg

The kids had the beer cheddar soup. Dd8 really enjoyed it and that’s also what Jasmine had for supper. They really enjoyed it. I think it tastes too much like beer and I don’t like beer. The soup gets rave reviews so obviously don’t listen to me just because I don’t. They had a choice on the menu where you could get an appetizer, dinner, and dessert and it was included on the dining plan(even the basic one) It had a couple of selections for the appetizer, entrée and dessert. The chocolate whiskey cake wasn’t on it so QoaT opted to go with the regular menu. I went with the combo. I started with a salad with pears and roasted walnuts and goat cheese I believe. It was quite good. Then I had the roasted chicken with the cream cheese mashed potatoes.
DSC02675.jpg

Oh my word those potatoes were delicious! Actually the chicken was delicious as well. I’m pretty sure dh had prime rib, or was it steak? It was beef of some sort. I had a wonderful orange sorbet for dessert. It was perfect because I was feeling quite full. Now as I mentioned Daniel our server didn’t do such a good job refilling drinks or clearing plates. We were there for a long time and then Jasmine had asked for the soup as her entrée. He said they could do that because that’s all she had to eat with bread. Well for some reason it wouldn’t work in the computer and we waited and waited and then he brought out the receipts for us to sign and QoaT’s was wrong. So we had to wait again. Now Illuminations was on and we were hoping to have left before it started. It took forever and then finally everything was settled correctly and Jasmine was informed for the rest of the trip she was to have what was included on the menu with no deviation. He was a really great guy just not very efficient. We ended up leaving just as illuminations was ending so we did have to battle the crowds but when we got to the bus stop a bus pulled up and we made it on. Now I have traveled these busses a lot but it seems this trip I really noticed how many people they can get on those busses. I was amazed how many times we thought “I guess we’ll be on the next bus” and we got on. Sometimes with those thoughts we even got seats! I would love to know how many people each bus can hold. Anyway an uneventful trip home by 10:05 and I was in bed by 11:00pm, exhausted but happy with our first full day.

Up next Day 2 at EPCOT

Oooh oooh lucky me!!!! My favorite park is the first place you went!!!! Oh, I just love these pictures!! Gawd, but I miss this place.

BTW.... I'll eat all of your cheddar soup. I love that stuff!!!

Sorry to hijack you TR purplepeg, but I just wanted to share with you and Geodoc that my DH tried out his Legend this weekend and a new hobby has been born!! He is addicted! He only went to this little lake that is very close to home and there were a few in the area. He did not actually open them or log his results because he wants our DD to be with him. She came down with a high fever and was sick all weekend so this will be there for her next weekend.

Thanks for giving us this wonderful new hobbby!

Suz

Sorry to hijack you TR purplepeg, but I just wanted to share with you and Geodoc that my DH tried out his Legend this weekend and a new hobby has been born!! He is addicted! He only went to this little lake that is very close to home and there were a few in the area. He did not actually open them or log his results because he wants our DD to be with him. She came down with a high fever and was sick all weekend so this will be there for her next weekend.

Suz

So glad you have found a new hobby:banana: Enjoy. Sorry about your daughter. :sick: Hopefully she is feeling better. Our youngest had a high fever for a few days and then we found out she had Roseola when the rash appeared. She's technically too old to get it but she has always had to do things her way so why not:confused3 I'm sure she'll have fun with the hunt.

So glad you have found a new hobby:banana: Enjoy. Sorry about your daughter. :sick: Hopefully she is feeling better. Our youngest had a high fever for a few days and then we found out she had Roseola when the rash appeared. She's technically too old to get it but she has always had to do things her way so why not:confused3 I'm sure she'll have fun with the hunt.

Wow, Roseola. That sounds nasty. Where was the rash, if I can ask? My DD still has a low grade fever and I kept her home from school today. This is over three days with the fever. My poor baby.

Suz

Suz

I am glad to hear that you have caught the geocaching bug, it is addictive, have fun.:)
Happy hunting and I hope your DD is feeling better soon. Geodoc

Wow, Roseola. That sounds nasty. Where was the rash, if I can ask? My DD still has a low grade fever and I kept her home from school today. This is over three days with the fever. My poor baby.

Suz

It's usually on the chest and back and tummy. Not necessarily raised and Roseola usually affects children from 6 mo to 3 yrs. Dd is now 4 so what's up with that. Hope your dd is feeling better soon.

I see my wonderful husband is "busy" at working posting on my tr:surfweb:
They say you can't get good help theses days:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter