Comfort Inn?

IWANNAGOBACK!

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista?? We have a really good rate but would like to hear form anyone who may have stayed there???
any info appreiciated!:goodvibes

We're staying there in March. I've read previous posts that said it was very good for the price and has a great location next to downtown disney!

We stayed there twice many years ago. We found it to be adequate and clean. Close proximity to the parks and within easy walking distance to a Hooter's, Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, C & N Steakhouse, and a shopping plaza. I believe they have free busses to the theme parks. Buffet restaurant for all meals. Rooms are functional and are set up like Disney's value resorts. Also very close to Downtown Disney.

thanks guys, I think we will try it out, the rate can't be beat@ 59/night for family themed suite, it also has refridge and microwave??? Whats to loose unless anyone knows different??????????
thanks AGAIN!:goodvibes

I just told someone else on their thread about this hotel. Sorry... I don't know how to do a link to a thread, so I just copied what I wrote to them and pasted it here. I also wanted to say that others have said this hotel is good. I did read some bad reviews other than mine too. This is just my experience. We also were in rooms, not the family themed suite. Maybe the suites are nicer. I hope so!! I don't want to sound mean or anything like that. It's just our experience with this hotel was awful.

Last year I wanted to spend our first night in Orlando close to Disney, so I asked for good, cheap off-site hotels to stay at. I got a few recommendations for the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vist. It was in June and it was only $55 a night.

It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We do a lot of traveling and have stayed at a lot of hotels. The rooms were so dirty... no filthy, dirty. There were little bugs everywhere in the room. (Not sure what they were) Gnats were in the fridge. The bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months. The towels were very thin and had some places where they were actually worn through. I usually make my kids wear socks in hotels because I know the floors are dirty, but I had to throw the socks out they were so black and nasty.

The sheets were dirty. I asked for new ones, and they were dirty too. I have to say too that housekeeping was not nice about bringing new towels or sheets. They brought the sheets. Then later when we realized we needed new towels they said we would have to come get them since they had already been to our room once.

The workers were extremely rude. Every single worker we encountered was rude - the front desk, housekeeping, the restaurant, and the Mini Market. Even the two managers I talked to about problems were rude. I have to say that I was really nice, and they were still rude.

There were other things, but I don't want to go on and on. Just do some more checking.

I forgot to say that we did see a few cockroaches in both rooms!!

IWANNAGOBACK - I don't want to say don't go here. Again, I am just saying what happened to us. I really hope the suites are nicer!!

We stayed here on December 12 -- we drove straight through and made no sense to spend money at Disney for a couple hours sleep -- I got a room for $39 (yes that is right) -- total with tax was $56 and some change.

Very easy to find -- even at night.
Security: we had to give our name at the entrance to be let onto the grounds

Size: this is a huge hotel -- like 4 hotels in one

Staff: I have nothing but great things to stay about the staff. Staff at check-in and at breakfast in the morning were superb.

Lobby: there is a little grocery type store (we didn't really explore because we arrived at 11 pm and checked out next morning at about 8 am)

Room: We were in building 4 -on side that faces highway -- we were either too tired or we didn't hear anything. Beds not all that comfortable- but doable- but room was clean (as well as Disney) -- Room was furnished with a refrigerator and a microwave (which would have been a plus if we were staying longer than we did). We always take our own pillows and I do a once over with clorox wipes - this is no matter where we stay. To be honest, at the price I got this room for - I expected A WHOLE LOT worse -- we were happily surprised. (compared to the $99 room in GA that I got on the way home - can you say ewwwww -- this was a palace). I think the comparison to All-Stars is accurate -- except I thought the room was bigger.

Free breakfast: there is a free continental breakfast in the morning -- you have to be seated as it is combined with the breakfast buffet -- this would be a pain if you were going to run down and take things back to your room. We opted for the hot buffet as it was $12 for adults and the kids were free. We didn't eat again until about 6 that night - and DD got her first fix of Mickey waffles.

Obviously we didn't use the pool - but it was nice and looked clean. The grounds were way more than expected.

If I was not staying on Disney property - I really would not hesitate to stay here -- the price was unbelievable and the location to Disney was awesome. We stayed at CBR and I think it took us a 5 to 8 minute drive from Comfort Inn to CBR.

I agree with TNMOMof4. we were booked there for 3 nights last April but left after 1. Room was not clean, very noisy at night, we were on the 1st floor, parking lot side. Breakfast wasn't great.

We stayed there a year ago. Never again. The room is a sub standard hotel room. Huge hotel. Breakfast was the same every single day. No variety at all. It is okay for a budget minded person. But if you have stayed on property and in better outside hotels, I'm afraid you may be disappointed. The location however is great. So it is a trade off.

thanks for all the info, I think I am going to have to give this some more thought:confused3 and I know people can have different experiences, but some sound pretty extreme and hard to ignore.....but I so appreciate all the info:)

I stayed there back in 1993 so I don't know how helpful this will be. And you must take into account that I was in college so my standards were a bit different. I remember the room being very basic, the carpet was always wet for some reason, and there was a Coors Lite label stuck to the ceiling. With that said, I don't remember encountering any bugs and can't comment on maid service or towels. I apparently didn't have a problem with the place since at that time I was just happy to be at Disney. I also remember half of Germany was stayng there as well.

Would I stay there again now to save money? NO. Am I rich or have money to burn? NO. But I think the place is a bit substandard for my tastes now (if it's still the same as it was).

i'll be staying there in april. the travel agent told me that it was a nice place. i've never stayed on site and i'm not into all those fancy amenities. i'm there for disney and not the hotel anyway. I really don't think a hotel could be perfect in everyone's eyes. everyone can have a bad experience somewhere.

We have stayed 3 times at the Comfort Inn LBV, first 2 visits were OK, the last has stopped me from ever going back.

The hotel is basic but has all the amenities you'd expect for the price and is in a great location for all the parks. Our last time there we stayed only 1 night, we moved to another resort the next morning.

Our room was awful and the management refused to move us. Their attitude was appalling, something I have never encountered in the US before. We had only 1 double size and 1 single size bed for 4 of us, eventually they brought a tiny folding bed for our teenage son and with that in the room we couldn't move. They had to take furniture out to make room for it. The lights didn't work, there were cobwebs and dead bugs and half eaten pizza under one bed. That room had not been cleaned in a long time, bedlinen was not clean and was also torn. The sink leaked dirty water everywhere whenever it was used and the curtains were hanging off the rail. No way was I spending 14 nights there, or even another one.

There were a lot of guys drinking out on the walkways and it was pretty noisy at night. It was not a nice family atmosphere. It seemed like it had gone well downhill from our previous visits.

Sorry to be so negative, but other than the location I really can't find a good thing to say. We moved from there to the LBV Resort Village and Spa and it was like another world, a lovely resort, I'd happily stay there again.

we stayed at the comfort inn about 2 years ago and it was ok, as many people have said it was basic, but then when you're generally using your room just to sleep it thats all we expected for what we paid!
The noise outside in the corridors was sometimes a problem, the first time we went we had a whole school group staying on the same floor as us running backwards and forwards between each others rooms, after complaining we were moved so we weren't too bothered. Another major problem is the higway thats on one side of the hotel, it can get very noisy and sometimes hard to sleep with, however if you specify you want a carpart facing room they will generally try to accomodate you.
The staff were friendly and the breakfasts were good if you liked alot of one thing, there wasnt much choice but we found that it did fill you up ready for an exhausting day in the parks, the little shop was always well equipped.
If you wanted a relaxing hotel then this probably isnt the hotel for you, however if you just want somewhere to crash after a day in the parks then I think you'll be fine, its close to the majority of the parks, even Universal and Seaworld and is easy to locate.

I have stayed at this place three times. The first time we were put in the building that is on the right side of the lobby. This room was very clean. We left to go onsite and returned later that week to finish our stay. This room was horrible. We were now on the left side of the lobby in a suite. The room had many pubic hairs (even on the bed that my son was sleeping on) and saw a cockroach on the wall. The next day I complained and they moved us into a handicap room. This room was also not very clean. Then last year we decided to stay for one night on our arrival to orlando. This room was adequate and somewhat clean.

this hotel is good for one night, possibly two. I would not stay longer than that. Also the ice machines don't work too well. The free breakfast isn't really worth it. I don't know about the bus transportation to the park since we always rent a car.

I will say that we are thinking of going back to disney this year and even though the price is very good at this hotel, I am very hesitant to book here.

We stayed there this past November...booked 5 rooms. We arrived around 1:00 pm and were able to check into the rooms. We had two 11 month olds; one 18 month old, a 3 year old, a 7 year old and a 11 year old....with parents to match :rotfl2:

Anyway with all those picky Moms ...no one complained. However, breakfast was "so-so". We are going back in May and need a 1-nighter before we check into Disney and have booked again.

I'm sorry others had bad experiences....I'm hoping and praying that we weren't just lucky last time.:worship:

We have stayed there twice. The last time was in December of 2006 for 6 nights. The rooms are not huge, nor are they luxury rooms, however our rooms have always been clean and the people very nice. The rooms have a coffee pot, a fridge, and a microwave. We intend to stay there again this December for 6 nights.

I have stayed here twice. The last time was 4 years ago so it may have gone extremely down hill since then. The first was 9 years ago. Both times the room was very basic but clean. The bed wasn't very comfortable either and neither were the sheets and towels. The staff wasn't exceptionally friendly on either vist. However, on both stays I was only there one night. The first time was the night before I checked into the college program and the second time was before we checked into our resort. Really, it was fine for those ocassions but I wouldn't spend me entire vacation there.

We were there from 2/24 thru 3/1...when we first arrived the room smelled like cat urine - we immediately called the front desk and they sent someone up to 'spray'. It was better for a while but the smell returned in the middle of the night. I don't know what they did on Monday but it mysteriously disappeared when the room was cleaned on Monday while we spent our first day at Disney. We used the shuttle transportation the first 2 days, it was so so. You have to be at the stop very early or you risk not fitting on the bus (we were ok, but some others were left to get the next shuttle which was over an hour later!) The afternoon return was a pain because the schedule is such that you have to stop at every park and pick up other people - so our 5:35 departure from MK ended up getting us back to the hotel at 6:30!

Because we spent so much time at the parks each day, the only time we were in the room was to shower and sleep - we were in room 2232 facing I4...whatever you do...if you decide to stay here, REQUEST A ROOM FACING THE PARKING LOT. We had to keep the AC on full blast all night just to drown out the highway traffic noise.

The free continental breakfast was so so - as others had said, it was the same every morning and the lines for coffee/juice were horrendous! They definitely need another breakfast area for the amount of people they can accomodate at this hotel.

For the price, it was ok - however, I would probably look for something else next time around!

the talk about the shuttle make me nervous. Because my DH will be using an ECV, the website says to let them know 24 hours in advance if we need a wheelchair accessible vehicle. do you think they'd definitely let us on then since we needed the wheelchair accessible vehicle? i'm sure every shuttle wouldn't be wheelchair accessible so i just wouldn't want to miss the only one of the day :)

Their attitude was appalling, something I have never encountered in the US before. We had only 1 double size and 1 single size bed for 4 of us, eventually they brought a tiny folding bed for our teenage son and with that in the room we couldn't move.

Same thing happened to us!!!

We stayed here April 27, 2007 for just the 1 night. We drove all day from Cleveland, arrived about 7 PM. I didn't want to pay for the Poly for that night just to sleep, so I booked this hotel, with a discount from Travel Zoo. Well, unfortunately, since it was Grad Night - there were TONS of school groups ALL OVER the place!! Took forever to just check in (we were exhausted of course) then found out we were in a Handicap-accessible room with the 1 double bed and 1 twin bed!! There were four of us - DH, myself, DS -4 and DD -2! I immediately went to complain and they informed me they had no other rooms, due to the many groups (like I cared!!). I was sooo peeved, demanded a partial refund which they refused and I got all over them that I'm sure that room was NOT fire code approved for 4 people to sleep in it, as there was only bed space for 3! I finally gave up arguing with them, since I was so tired. Luckily, our kids are little and shared the twin bed (we had our bed rails with us) with really no problem. The fact that they would put 4 people in a room for no more than 3 is appalling!! If our kids were bigger/older it would have been a real issue. I mean- older girls and boys shouldn't share a bed and there's really no WAY an adult and child could share that other bed. And given the above post - it obviously happens more than just once!! We were not offered a cot or other bed -I'm guessing they were probably all in use due to the groups. I did not ask though.

Another issue was that the handicap toilet was so high, we needed to help both kids each and every time in the bathroom. DS (who is small for his age) could not stand in front of the toilet to use it if you know what I mean! And DD couldn't get up on it!

I was also quite stressed about the amount of noise from the groups. Our room was first floor of course and right on a corner on a main "path". Tons of people walking by yelling, cursing, etc. Luckily, either they were quiet when they returned early in the AM OR (more likely) we were so exhausted we basically all passed out and never heard them! I didn't feel particularly safe though. DH did take the kids to the pool while I was arguing at the desk, he said it was definitely not very child-friendly that evening with all the teenagers. Kids needed to expend some energy, though, so they swam a bit. We did also take them to the little playground which was nice.

We checked out at 8 AM the next day (so we were only there 13 hours, thank goodness). Again, no consideration from the front desk or manager at all. They absolutely did NOT CARE that they had given us a room without enough bed space (BTW, my confirmations, which I had with me - specifcially said 2 double beds). They did not care. We wanted to get on with the magic, so I let it go. Sent several emails when we returned home though, and ended up with a total refund. I will say this, though - even the management via email did not seem to understand the SEVERITY of the problem - placing a family of four in a room with bed space for only 3. This wasn't crappy room service or something, they basically oversold and didn't have room for us!!! I also heard a group of women in line complaining b/c their group, all adults, with same confirmation as us (2 doubles) had been given a room with bunk beds.

I don't really remember a problem with cleanliness, not that it was spectacular but no big problem. But this hotel obviously just sells as much as it can without regard to how it will accomodate all its guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter