Come over - A Perfectly Pompous TR (Updated: Boarding pass from the pool please!)

Unfortunately they lost the last game of the season:sad1: But he is okay. I love NYC but the way the rental prices are going, it will be for the wealthy only.

I saw your Christmas photos. Love them. My son was born on New Years Day so we usually do the Christmas displays at Macys, then walk up BWay (Broadway) to Times Square and go to Dave and Busters. Then walk further up to Toys r Us and then walk to the Rock to see the Christmas Tree. :santa:

I need more! I am living vicariously through you since we cannot go to the world in 2010! I am going through withdrawal... :scared1::sick:

Okay - you'll all be happy to know that I put crazy to bed last night. :laughing: Crazy and silly. Crazy and silly needed bed rest. I'm overtired. Sick. And out of sorts.

Yes, I did just come back from vacation. :sad2: :rotfl:

Not to mention high on bunny crack.

Okay, what did I promise?

DVC member's worst nightmare.

Here they are:

100_5277.jpg

Study them. Be on the lookout for them. Because they will singlehandedly take away your possiblities of great views, great resorts and great stays. :rolleyes1

So don't read this latest installment if you are the jealous or "not fair" type. This will annoy you to no end. Really, it's not worth the pain. Ignore it.

They look sweet, don't they? :lmao: They are 74 and 75 this year and have been married fifty - wait how old am I? - fifty four years this year. My father still thinks she is the greatest catch. He used to miss streetcars to get on hers.

Who knew that their destiny was to thoroughly annoy the DVC community.

Here is their rap sheet:

1) 2005? 2006? SSR. We booked under a month out. Family trip of 13. Couple Snags prime DD view at Congress Park.

Remember this was before Grandstand. Congress Park was the place. In fact, my entire party got it. And then we began to see threads about booking priorities for SSR. :3dglasses

2) 2008. They were supposed to be staying with us at VWL. But a huge March Break snow storm was brewing. (It was huge. It took us almost a day to get to Beckley, WV. Normally it's nine hours). They were in Florida already. And visions of them sitting and sitting in the WL lobby waiting for us to check-in kept flashing in front of me. My father irritated to no end. You know if members are on the reservation blah, blah, blah.

So I phone two days out. For any studio. AKV was still Jambo only. So AKV was hard to get. They have a studio for them. Savanna view!!!!

:dance3:

They ADORED it. And were so cute. By the time we got there my mother had ticked off all her animals on her sheet and my father was chatising the giraffes for not visiting when he demanded it. Great memory.

3) 2009. Their annoying habits continue.

Vero Beach. Scene of the crime. They decide late. So no ocean view for them. Poor tings. :rotfl2: But I work the phone. And three days out - yes that's right - ocean view comes in for them.

Did you think that was the end of the VB story.

OH NO.

Here's a pic of their balcony. :rotfl: MASSIVE! I'm not in the room taking the picture. I'm on their balcony.

101_0578-1.jpg

And their view. Fourth floor. Yes, fourth floor. :lmao: Anyone who knows the ocean view rooms knows that because of the trees - fourth floor is for the blessed people.

101_0533-1.jpg

No, it didn't stop at their balcony or the fourh floor. The room. All inn rooms and ocean views are studios. Ummm, their room was some kind of irregular nonsense. It was massive. MASSIVE. No joking it had to have been 600 square feet. popcorn::

OH VB. How I love thee. I thought a lot about it on this trip. I miss it. Who wouldn't? Well I'll tell you who - people who have issues with relaxing. Which I have none.

Some from last year:

101_0510-1.jpg

101_0729-1.jpg

Okay back on track.

Forward to 2010. I had to rent points off a good friend. I somehow misplaced most of my points. :rolleyes1

So we get them SSR. But put them on the waitlist for BWV and BCV - better for them. My father has had a knee replacement and my mother - who adores walking - has a bad heel. So better for them.

Nothing.

I school my friend on the virtues of the under seven day free for all. He's a planner. He knows nothing about my nonsense of how I use my DVC points. You see I have used a booking window ONCE in five years. :lmao: Once. And I don't even want to tell you what I"ve grabbed under seven days. It's highly annoying.

So he tries. Too many times to admit. And NOTHING.

So we both agree - let's give up - SSR it is.

But a day later something comes over me. I KNOW something is there. But I can't phone - if something is and I can't book - sighing. So I annoy the heck of him and say, "listen - phone right now - I know it's there". :wizard:

He now thinks I'm a witch. :rotfl:

The CM told him "you know I kind of sighed because I've been checking all day for people and nada and thought WTH one more time".

BCV!!! She was shocked. He was shocked. I was all knowing. :lmao:

So here we go - are you still with me? I am gettling a tad wordy:

4) 2010 - BCV.

I phone my parents and let them know the wonderful news. And I temper it with "BCV is hard to get into. It's gorgeous but it's NOT known for its views. So just be prepared, okay?" (for those who don't know - you can see roads and cars and such)

I don't know what kind of star these people were born under.

Here is the view I walked in on:

100_5290.jpg

NO REQUESTS MADE. :rotfl: It was like you were walking on water they were so centered over it.

To the left. To the left. Sing it Beyonce:

100_5291-1.jpg

So that is the saga of DVC owner's worst nightmare couple -

FOR NOW. :love:

Next up: All around BCV. And apparently I'm a mermaid.

Oh my goodness, I don't know how in the world I missed your trip report these last couple of days!! I'm lovin' every freakin' hysterical line - keep it comin'. :rotfl2:

Hi Crystal.

Thank you. :flower3: I have no idea why I'm offering you flowers -:lmao: but thanks for coming over.

Thanks for reading Disney Spaz. Born in the sixties/late fifties? :lmao: Spaz.

Actually 1973. But a spirt of the late fifties.

Well I hope to God no one called you a spaz as a toddler. :goodvibes

I'm 1967 but was called a spaz I'm sure a myriad times by 1957, 1960 and 1962 better known as my mean mean siblings. ;)

Unfortunately they lost the last game of the season:sad1: But he is okay. I love NYC but the way the rental prices are going, it will be for the wealthy only.

I saw your Christmas photos. Love them. My son was born on New Years Day so we usually do the Christmas displays at Macys, then walk up BWay (Broadway) to Times Square and go to Dave and Busters. Then walk further up to Toys r Us and then walk to the Rock to see the Christmas Tree. :santa:

Sighing on the game.

NYC is the only reason I would love to win the lottery. That and DVC points. I'm not into big houses - cars big toys etc.

Travel, travel, travel is where it's at for me.

That's so lovely on your NY's walk. Children ADORE tradition, eh? :lovestruc

I need more! I am living vicariously through you since we cannot go to the world in 2010! I am going through withdrawal... :scared1::sick:

Don't throw anything at me - but "me too" on the withdrawal.

You are wild! Your parents have great luck, 50 years married, that's wonderful. I booked OVR 7 months out, and yes I could see the ocean, standing on my tippy toes, heaving myself up the balcony and straining my eyes to the right. Ocean view, the size of a dime! Whoo Hoo! :mad: You're right, it's probably because of people like your parents!

Waiting for what's next! popcorn::

Just found you and I'm lovin' every minute of it!! :rotfl: looking forward to more-

Hey lisaviolet...I haven't been so hooked on a TR in quite some time. Keep it up...at your pace you have a while to go:lmao::lmao::lmao:

MORE ANIMAL PICTURES. :rolleyes: I took a boatload when Kidani first opened. But Savanna view - CJ is there waiting for us - yes a lovely DISer gave us his name - how could I resist.

100_5338.jpg

This one isn't that interesting but it shows CJ. So you'll know who I'm talking about when I say "she's yelling out at CJ AGAIN. She thinks he's a pet".

100_5341.jpg

CJ? No way. OK, but is my possible namesake one of the cattle, the giraffe, or the animal you get to see their backside? I am assuming it is the giraffe since we have the same number of bones in our neck.

We went to Discovery Cove and when I gave them my name, the lady commented, “We have a dolphin named CJ.” They actually made sure to bring him out so we could play with him. I posed with him and a bully (Latoya) who was the matriarch of the pod and he had a wary eye on her the whole time and I could feel him twitching. He was totally a wimp. Told them they need to rename him.

Can’t wait for our Savanna room in June. DD totally loves just sitting out there watching the animals. Yes, and taking a bazillion pictures. You can’t help it, it is too cool.

Love the report.

You are wild! Your parents have great luck, 50 years married, that's wonderful. I booked OVR 7 months out, and yes I could see the ocean, standing on my tippy toes, heaving myself up the balcony and straining my eyes to the right. Ocean view, the size of a dime! Whoo Hoo! :mad: You're right, it's probably because of people like your parents!

Waiting for what's next! popcorn::

Yes great luck. That is wonderful about the fifty four years; however, this is going to come off in such a disrespectful manner.

But to me - length of marriage means nothing compared to how well you love and work at it. Nothing. Ie. I'm sure there is plenty of long marriages that just sit in the day in - day out and absolutely ignore crap and many that should have checked out a long time earlier. Sometimes it really is strength to leave a marriage - real strength. And sometimes it's absolute weakness. Well no - weakness is a poor word. Not taking responsibility. So many times people think the other is causing unhappiness when it's really their issue and they're putting it on their spouse. And to push through because there is beauty on the other side. So wisdom to know when to leave and when to fight like heck.

But what do I know. I've never been married. :lmao: No one's asked me. :rotfl: I wonder why. ;) :rolleyes1

EDIT: my apologies - I have no idea why I just got on my soapbox. I have no idea how I got there. Lord.

As for you OVIR. Well that just sucks. I'll chastise my parents when I speak to them.

Just found you and I'm lovin' every minute of it!! :rotfl: looking forward to more-

Thanks podsnel. I love yours as well.

Wow! I love that BCV villa view. I hope we are so lucky in July.

Okay 370. :love: It was a lockoff studio - I think.

Canal view should nab you one. Perfect floor - third. Four has some annoying "in" balconies. I'm sick - I can't even come up with the proper words.

Perfect - BCV in July. PERFECT.

Hey lisaviolet...I haven't been so hooked on a TR in quite some time. Keep it up...at your pace you have a while to go:lmao::lmao::lmao:

So sweet - thank you.

:lmao: OMG! You are too funny. They seem to luck out each and every time. My stomach hurts.:rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl:

Hi!

CJ? No way. OK, but is my possible namesake one of the cattle, the giraffe, or the animal you get to see their backside? I am assuming it is the giraffe since we have the same number of bones in our neck.

We went to Discovery Cove and when I gave them my name, the lady commented, “We have a dolphin named CJ.” They actually made sure to bring him out so we could play with him. I posed with him and a bully (Latoya) who was the matriarch of the pod and he had a wary eye on her the whole time and I could feel him twitching. He was totally a wimp. Told them they need to rename him.

Can’t wait for our Savanna room in June. DD totally loves just sitting out there watching the animals. Yes, and taking a bazillion pictures. You can’t help it, it is too cool.

Love the report.

OMG. You are too funny. :lmao::rotfl: I thought of you when I was at the BC/YC line. :laughing:

Ok, first of all - it was the a$$. I mean his a$$. :lmao: Mods - come on you can't fine keyboard creativity, umm can you? :love:

It's the elan. CJ is the elan.

But you won't probably won't get this area - chances are you'll get the big savanna. But there is a public viewing area and CJ owns the place. Sort of like CJ's GV. :rolleyes1

So enjoying the TR! It is a wonderful to escape after a long hard weekend at work for me! :worship: Please keep it coming!

popcorn::

Loving the TR. Especially the American bunny song.

And a CM told us all the ankole cattle were all female, and it's the mom and daughter who butt horns all night long. They said the ankole cattle were afraid of the wildebeest and stay away from whereever he is. :confused3 The CMs may have been fooling with us.

Tinks "SS";35951124 said:
So enjoying the TR! It is a wonderful to escape after a long hard weekend at work for me! :worship: Please keep it coming!

popcorn::

Thank you Tinks. Hope work gets better this week. :goodvibes

Loving the TR. Especially the American bunny song.

And a CM told us all the ankole cattle were all female, and it's the mom and daughter who butt horns all night long. They said the ankole cattle were afraid of the wildebeest and stay away from whereever he is. :confused3 The CMs may have been fooling with us.

Or quite possibly I'm confused. And confused an ankole cattle's you know what with CJs. Ie. maybe that isn't even CJ.

Thank you.

You know what kills me - does anyone think it's strange that an American (Lenny Kravitz) took a song that was putting down American policy and recorded it? Okay, better shut my trap. But isn't that strange? It's like he pretended it was a dating song or something.

I really need off this computer. Like NOW. :rolleyes1:lmao:;)

OMG. You are too funny. :lmao::rotfl: I thought of you when I was at the BC/YC line. :laughing:

Ok, first of all - it was the a$$. I mean his a$$. :lmao: Mods - come on you can't fine keyboard creativity, umm can you? :love:

It's the elan. CJ is the elan.

But you won't probably won't get this area - chances are you'll get the big savanna. But there is a public viewing area and CJ owns the place. Sort of like CJ's GV. :rolleyes1

:rotfl: "Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine" CJ's GV - so funny!

Here's the CJ info from another DISer (kristenrice):

Anyways, your buddy's name is CJ. He is the only eland on the sunset savanna. The keepers love him because they say he is the most dependable critter. He is brought off the savanna every day from 8:30-10:30am for his check up. The guide says that CJ will get up from his "nest" (I'm sure you've seen his favorite sleeping area!) about 8am and start his morning saunter over to the gate. They say he is there at 8:30 sharp every day!

.at your pace you have a while to go:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hey no worries there. There are a whole bundle of days that are NCAA, napping and waiting for buses. What exactly am I going to say on those? Huh? :laughing:

It's not like you're getting pictures of those days either. :rotfl:Well maybe of me waiting for the buses or on them. I did have to amuse myself.

Why do I feel like a pedestrian standing at a crosswalk minding my own business and two people come up and slap me upside the head (think NCIS). In my defense, I took my daughter and six of her friends to Disney. You try that. There was my space and there was their space. They got the whole second floor. The rest was mine including MY HUGE HDTV (Mine, Mine, Mine)

Kid-at-heart: Do I need to remind your daughter that you promised to bring 20 or so friends to Disney for her birthday?

Lisaviolet:
Here's the CJ info from another DISer (kristenrice):

Anyways, your buddy's name is CJ. He is the only eland on the sunset savanna. The keepers love him because they say he is the most dependable critter. He is brought off the savanna every day from 8:30-10:30am for his check up. The guide says that CJ will get up from his "nest" (I'm sure you've seen his favorite sleeping area!) about 8am and start his morning saunter over to the gate. They say he is there at 8:30 sharp every day!

Of course he is dependable, unlike my wimpy dolphin namesake. And of course he knows what is his (everything) and what is theirs (what he lets them have). Now you need to focus and get your next installment posted.

Just to let you know, if I did the smiley things they would be all over this post. OK, here. :) Happy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter