• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Combining SW confirmations..

dburg30

Ferb, I know what we're going to do today!
Here's the scoop. On a trip in 10 days or so, we'll be using my wife's rapid reward trip. she's using one leg, I'm using one leg and my mom we are buying her ticket for that leg. So, I now have 3 different confirmation numbers for the same flight for the 3 of us! Can SW combine those into ONE confirmation or since they are RR legs and one paid for leg, will they have to remain separate? I havent had a chance to call SW, mostly because I know with the holiday season they are slammed anyway. I really didnt want to hold up others that may actually have travel issues during this busy season :).

But, has anyone done this before?

Why would you want to combine them?

We always have different confirmation #s because I always book each person and each leg separately to be able to take the most advantage of lower rates and Ding! fares.

If you are worried about online checkin, then just open three screens right before the 24 hour mark, do everything but hit the checkin button, and when the time is right, click, click, click. At the most you might be separated by 1 or 2 numbers each. It shouldn't be a big deal.

I frequently use RRs and unfortuantely, the confirmation numbers cannot be combined. It is an inconvenience when checking in at 24 hours. Like the prior posted stated, you can open three SW windows and have them all set for when the 24 hour mark hits. This usually works but sometimes, one or two of the windows require you to reenter the confirmation #. If possible, I have my son (who has a fast trigger finger) checkin on one PC, DH on his or his laptop and me on my work PC. You will get numbers close together but probably not consecutive. Good Luck!

Why would you want to combine them?

We always have different confirmation #s because I always book each person and each leg separately to be able to take the most advantage of lower rates and Ding! fares.

If you are worried about online checkin, then just open three screens right before the 24 hour mark, do everything but hit the checkin button, and when the time is right, click, click, click. At the most you might be separated by 1 or 2 numbers each. It shouldn't be a big deal.

Wasnt 'worried' about it, but I'll be at WDW when I need tocheck in, and really dont want to throw this on someone 'back home' to have to use 3 conf #'s. I was using the RR's for the most expensive leg of my trip, looking back, the prices dropped so they are almost all the same price now (not just going straight to WDW and back, going from home, to NC (wedding), to FL then back home :)

And just to clarify, I keep legs on separate conf#'s for the price reason, but not each person. If there are 3 of us going, and a DING comes up that only has 2 left and I cant use them, so be it, but having 3 conf# for each person for each leg IMO just isnt worth it.
Disneyhappy, that's what I needed to know. Looks like someone will have some work to do for me :)

Just did this today for my daughter and grandson -they had separate conf numbers too. No big deal - I did put our 2 laptops next to each other. Typed my daughter's number in first, grandson's second - ironically his A number is lower than hers- go figure!!
Easier than I thought it would be. Boarding passes can be printed out at both their hotel front desk or at the airport kiosk. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter