Combining Disney Gift Cards

IamBelle

Earning My Ears
Good Morning!
I have a $25 Disney gift card that I bought a while ago. We will not be able to use it in the near future so I thought about gifting it to my niece who lives in Florida and is an annual passholder. I was thinking about getting her one of those cute Christmas Disney cards on the Disney Store site. My question is:can I by the one on the Disney Store site with some money on it and then combine it with the one I already have so that I am just giving her the Cute Christmas one?

Bumping this thread to ask a question about a problem I ran into. I am buying my park tickets for an Aug trip and I bought 5, $500 Disney gift cards through Target (electronically - no physical cards). The My Disney site will only let you enter one gift card number when purchasing tickets, so I went to the disneygiftcard website and entered all of the cards. I combined the first two - no problem. I tried to add the third card and it showed I was going to have a combined balance of $501 and gave me an error when I tried to combine them. I called and spoke to 3 different people, each that said I would have to call Disney customer service but could not help. The third person I talked to gave me a phone number that ended up being for customer service for Shop Disney - they couldn't help either. Not worried about anything nefarious - the gift cards are all showing the correct balance. It just seems weird I can't combine them. I ended up splitting up my park ticket purchase so I could use each gift card individually, but now I have 4 gift cards with smaller amounts on them and that's not ideal either (I did get the park tickets though, so that's OK). Anyone have any experience like this? I plan on buying gift cards for our expenses while on vacation too so it would be nice to figure this out.

$1000 is the limit for one card. You have to start a new "primary" card for the next $1000.
OK - thanks! I tried again and it worked for the smaller amounts I have now. Seems like maybe they should just tell you that on the website? At least tell the customer service people so they could pass the info along anyway. Splitting up the park ticket purchase seemed unnecessarily complicated but not going to argue - I saved $125 using the gift cards.

OK - thanks! I tried again and it worked for the smaller amounts I have now. Seems like maybe they should just tell you that on the website? At least tell the customer service people so they could pass the info along anyway. Splitting up the park ticket purchase seemed unnecessarily complicated but not going to argue - I saved $125 using the gift cards.
Money saved is money still in your pocket.

I purchased 2K in gc for my upcoming trip (20 cards) and want to combine them into 2. Do I still need to hold on to all 20 once I do this?

I purchased 2K in gc for my upcoming trip (20 cards) and want to combine them into 2. Do I still need to hold on to all 20 once I do this?
No you don’t. I keep a few empty cards just Incase I need to transfer to another card for some reason. The only reason to keep an empty gift card that I know if is if there is a chance you might return something that you used that card for. But since you transferred the balance before ever spending any on it that would not be the case for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!