Colonoscopy 2/3 day prep? UPDATE on page 4!

This is a weird question I guess, but for those that had a colonoscopy did the report mention anything about anesthesia? On my report it said “Patient difficult to sedate consider anethesia for future procedures.” I mean I know I could just ask them but it’s not like a regular dr I go to. Just seemed like an unusual comment. I don’t remember a thing about the procedure. I barely remember getting home Lol.

This is a weird question I guess, but for those that had a colonoscopy did the report mention anything about anesthesia? On my report it said “Patient difficult to sedate consider anethesia for future procedures.” I mean I know I could just ask them but it’s not like a regular dr I go to. Just seemed like an unusual comment. I don’t remember a thing about the procedure. I barely remember getting home Lol.
Possibly that you were restless and took more sedation than expected.

I didn’t remember anything about my procedure either. The doctor came and talked to me in recovery and asked if I remembered anything because apparently I was uncomfortable during the procedure. I also had my blood pressure drop and they had to give me a reversal agent. It’s feels weird to not remember. I was given fentanyl, propofol, and midazolam. Do you know what you were sedated with?

Could be they used midazolam or propofol and it didn’t work well enough on you …probably is related to you being restless and making the procedure a little more difficult for them.

I have to do the prep tomorrow around 3pm so am eating a lot of chicken and drinking a good amount. I’m usually an every 3-year guy so I have had 3 @59 ..I have always done the Gatorade and never had a problem getting it down and honestly and never had it too bad overall. The problem for me is the regular Gatorade is too sweet and the g2 or zero has too much of a “chemical“ aftertaste. This time I picked up some Liquid IV(golden cherry) and that tastes infinitely better!

I didn’t remember anything about my procedure either. The doctor came and talked to me in recovery and asked if I remembered anything because apparently I was uncomfortable during the procedure. I also had my blood pressure drop and they had to give me a reversal agent. It’s feels weird to not remember. I was given fentanyl, propofol, and midazolam. Do you know what you were sedated with?
They used fentanyl and midazolam. I didn’t remember recovery either or getting dressed or going down the elevator to the car. I vaguely remember getting to my house. It was very bizarre not remembering anything!

They used fentanyl and midazolam. I didn’t remember recovery either or getting dressed or going down the elevator to the car. I vaguely remember getting to my house. It was very bizarre not remembering anything!
I’ve had the same thing ..definitely a strange feeling! 😂

Bad news…. I was to have my colonoscopy tomorrow morning and tested positive for Covid this afternoon 😫. I suppose I’m fortunate to have made it this far along without having it, but after eating a bland diet for two days and not eating today definitely bad timing. At least I checked before drinking a half gallon of miralax….

Bad news…. I was to have my colonoscopy tomorrow morning and tested positive for Covid this afternoon 😫. I suppose I’m fortunate to have made it this far along without having it, but after eating a bland diet for two days and not eating today definitely bad timing. At least I checked before drinking a half gallon of miralax….
I’m sorry. That would be my luck.

Reactions: GAN

my cousin was telling me he woke up in the middle of his colonoscopy and screamed. He had told the doctor ahead of time that he needs extra meds for sedation but they didn’t believe him.

my cousin was telling me he woke up in the middle of his colonoscopy and screamed. He had told the doctor ahead of time that he needs extra meds for sedation but they didn’t believe him.
Although it would not be enjoyable to wake up during the procedure - it is more common in other countries to be awake during a colonoscopy.

I woke up towards the end of a colonoscopy -I could feel some stuff but not in a painful way. What you don’t want, is to wake up during an endoscopy(down your throat) -I’ve done that and if you want to experience drowning that’s a good way to do it. THAT was scary. Ever since then I tell them to sedate me good.

My first colonoscopy is tomorrow. I took the dulcolax and within an hour was already having to run to the toilet. Just started the real stuff and plan to be on the toilet most the night.

I have to be honest the prep really isn’t as gross as I expected added the crystal light and it’s almost like drinking lemonade. Almost.

Reactions: GAN
My first colonoscopy is tomorrow. I took the dulcolax and within an hour was already having to run to the toilet. Just started the real stuff and plan to be on the toilet most the night.

I have to be honest the prep really isn’t as gross as I expected added the crystal light and it’s almost like drinking lemonade. Almost.
DH agrees with this. He said the prep was not such a big deal because it was basically like drinking a LOT of Gatorade, which wasn't so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter