• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Colonoscopy 2/3 day prep? UPDATE on page 4!

The Clenpiq instructions are a bit different than doctors instructions.

Clenpiq says to take second dose next day 5 hours before scheduled appointment, and that would be at 6:45 AM. Then continue water until three hours before the procedure.

Dr instructions say to take at 11 and then drink 5 8 oz of water by midnight. Dr says NOTHING TOMORROW.

My gut says to follow the product instructions.
My doctor instructions specified to follow what he says and to ignore what the directions on the product says. As the one doing the procedure, I trusted what he found has worked over the years.

My doctor instructions specified to follow what he says and to ignore what the directions on the product says. As the one doing the procedure, I trusted what he found has worked over the years.
Good to know. I went with doctor, one day, not next morning.
Procedure took an hour, so, there are things to biopsy.

Last edited:
My DH has Crohn’s Disease so he a colonoscopy every 3-4 years and sometimes gets an EGD as well. He is scheduled for this Wednesday has a late afternoon appointment at a hospital they are squeezing him in had a cancellation usually he scheduled a day he could do it first thing at their ASC but due to some other health issues want him now to get it done at the hospital and if he did not take this one there was no opening for months. His GI doc changed the prep since his last and now they use these pills that are shipped from some pharmacy they use out of state. They were supposed to arrive a few weeks ago a few days after the appointment was scheduled and has not received this yet. He was told if he did not get it by last Thursday to call that pharmacy which he did and they told him it would arrive later that day. He called to let the doctor’s office know and the medical assistant said she would look into it but they would be closed on Friday and today and he did not hear anything back. He called the pharmacy again on Friday and said it should get here by today and of course it did not come. He called and they were closed. He called his regular pharmacy to talk to a pharmacist to explain what his prep is and if that person could recommend something over the counter but was told to call his office‘s emergency phone number. He did that and apparently they share on call with another doctor group and the doctor who called back was so rude told him this phone number was for real emergencies and he would not give an alternate prep just told him he should physically go to the office first thing tomorrow when they open the phones might be busy. I don’t think he can just walk in without an appointment he will try calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter