College Program Questions Thread, Pt 4

I have not been accepted yet, but if I am, how long after that point will I have to pay the deposit/fees?

If/when you're accepted you have ten days to complete the 3 steps they tell you about in your acceptance email including playing the $300.

Well, popular roles will vary by person. But as a whole- character performer, character attendant, photopass, concierge, attractions

Roles that accept a lot of people include attractions, merchandise, custodial, QSFB
Thanks Jo, I keep forgetting Attractions/Merchandise/Custodial are the more open roles. :)

When do applications typically close?

When did applications open/close for fall apps last year?

Also - if I put character performer as a top role, can I wait til I get down to Orlando to audition? There's no auditions anywhere near me! Or am I not allowed to put character performer in my preferred roles if I can't attend an audition?

One last thing! Say I applied next month in early March and I passed the WBI and got a phone interview but wasn't hired. Come September when apps for Spring are supposed to open, will my WBI results still be good so I can go straight to the phone interview again?

Thank you so much!:love:
Applications typically close March/Early April during the Fall season depending on the needs of the needs that program.

Applications for last year's Fall Advantage closed Mid-March.

A straight answer-- Yes, you may select the Character Performer role as one of the many roles you may be interested in, but will not be considered for the position unless you attend the audition. If you're quite confident that you have the ability to pass auditions you could always look into traveling to the nearest audition location. I know people that have traveled from two states over because they are passionate about it. Unless you make the March 14th auditions for Orlando, FL there are absolutely no opportunities in Florida.

Given that the minimum criteria for the time between applications is 6 months, March to September is 7 months. If you apply late March, and applications open up early September, I would recommend waiting 6 months, 1 day just to be sure.

Best of luck, and Have a Magnificently Magical Day! :smickey:

I don't know very much about the
CP, but i'd really love to do it. What types of different things could you get assigned to there. All I know of is Merchandising, Custodial, and Attractions. Also, do you get to choose which park you are working at?

I don't know very much about the
CP, but i'd really love to do it. What types of different things could you get assigned to there. All I know of is Merchandising, Custodial, and Attractions. Also, do you get to choose which park you are working at?

You can be assigned Merchandise, Custodial, Attractions, Bell services dispatcher, Hospitality, Concierge, Housekeeping, Transportation, Main entrance operations, recreation, vacation planner, character performer, costuming, photopass, lifeguard, "Hopper", Full service food and beverage, quick service food and beverage, and BBB/ Pirate league hostess.

You do not get to choose what park / resort you work in, but you can request where you'd like to work. Remember, it's just a request. Most people would rather work in the parks since it's busier than the resorts, but it's all a matter of personal preference.

Thank you so Much! Just a couple more Q's... Do you put in your preferences for where you are working? And do you rotate/do more than one catagory in your session?
Thank you in advance.:rolleyes:

Thank you so Much! Just a couple more Q's... Do you put in your preferences for where you are working? And do you rotate/do more than one catagory in your session?
Thank you in advance.:rolleyes:

You put in your preferences during the phone interview. So if you want Studios when the interviewer asks if you have any questions just state that you'd like to request Studios. If by category you mean role, then not exactly. Whatever program and role you are given you are stuck with for the full duration of the program, BUT if you choose to extend your program then you may be offered the chance to switch roles and locations for the last part of the program. That is dependent on business needs though.

You put in your preferences during the phone interview. So if you want Studios when the interviewer asks if you have any questions just state that you'd like to request Studios. If by category you mean role, then not exactly. Whatever program and role you are given you are stuck with for the full duration of the program, BUT if you choose to extend your program then you may be offered the chance to switch roles and locations for the last part of the program. That is dependent on business needs though.

Thank you! I meant by where you get to work as in the role. & thanks for answering about switching jobs. I'm cleared up now!::yes::

Five days after my phone interview last Wednesday, I got an E-mail informing me that I had been accepted! I'll be doing custodial in the Fall Program, and I wanted to thank everyone here for sharing information about the interview process. It really helped me prepare for it, and in the end I don't think I would have done as well without reading all the tips on this board. Thanks again everyone, I hope to see a few of you down there with me!

Question...
For the roles of character attendant and/or PhotoPass photographer, are you placed in one park or do you rotate? I know in Disneyland, PhotoPass photographers worked in both parks, and I am curious if it's the same way in WDW.
Those are two of my top choices (the third is BBB/Pirates League).
Thanks!

Question...
For the roles of character attendant and/or PhotoPass photographer, are you placed in one park or do you rotate? I know in Disneyland, PhotoPass photographers worked in both parks, and I am curious if it's the same way in WDW.
Thanks!

I'm not sure about character attendant, but I know for photopass you're assigned to a single park. I don't know if you can pick up shifts in other parks because I know there are certain things you can't take pictures of and certain magic shots that only work in certain parks but I could be wrong about that.

Hi! I have a question that I haven't seen much info on.
I live 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If I were to get accepted to DCP at Disneyland and live in the apartment complex there, could I drive home on my days off to see my family and what not?

Hi! I have a question that I haven't seen much info on.
I live 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If I were to get accepted to DCP at Disneyland and live in the apartment complex there, could I drive home on my days off to see my family and what not?
Hello Karen!

It's perfectly acceptable to drive home on your days off, or really go anywhere you please while off. It really falls under the same rules as "If I have the day off at WDW can I fly home" question as you're perfectly fine in doing so.

There might also be a possibility of living off-site for Disneyland as there is WDW, but I'm not too sure.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Hello Karen!

It's perfectly acceptable to drive home on your days off, or really go anywhere you please while off. It really falls under the same rules as "If I have the day off at WDW can I fly home" question as you're perfectly fine in doing so.

There might also be a possibility of living off-site for Disneyland as there is WDW, but I'm not too sure.

Thank you so much for your quick reply :)
One reason I want to do DCP is to get away from home, but not be too far. I also looked at other apartments nearby since I do have cats, but they are much more expensive :(
I'm sure living there will be a blast though, and a part of the overall experience.

Thanks again :)

Hello, I have my phone interview for the Disney College Program today, I just was curious about something. I am 32 years old, and I was just wondering if there were certain apartments, for people a little older then 18-21 year olds.

Thanks,
Erik

Hello, I have my phone interview for the Disney College Program today, I just was curious about something. I am 32 years old, and I was just wondering if there were certain apartments, for people a little older then 18-21 year olds.

Thanks,
Erik

There are really only two kinds of apartments:

Wellness (Under 21 - No alcohol allowed)
Non-wellness (21 and over)

If you're interesting in rooming with someone that's around your age, I suggest trying to meet someone before hand and then checking in together to live in the same apartment. :)

Hope that helps. :goodvibes

Question...
Thanks!

For CA, you are based in one park. However, as long as the shift doesn't require special training (like for Enchanted Tales with Belle, inside with Merida, ect) you can pick up shifts at the other parks. I'm based at MK, but I've picked up shifts at Epcot, DHS, and even a shift at Fort Wilderness. It can be a lot of fun working elsewhere

Photopass is the same way. You are based in one park, but I'm pretty sure you can pick up extra hours as long as you have the training (you need to be trained to work with characters, as it doesn't happen right away)

Hello Karen!

Yep, you can live off-site, but you need to specify that in the interview(!)

Can anyone give some insight on Main Entrance Operations?

I just got accepted as MEO ^^ and was wondering what all it might entail. I know I could get stuck out working in the parking lot but I wanted to know what else I could be doing. Is it different based on which park you're in? Im at WDW and wasnt sure if Epcot would be different from the main park etc. Ive only actually been to Disney that I can remember a couple of times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter