College Football 2021

Some random Alabama factoids on their players in the NFL from this weekend:

1. The three former Alabama quarterbacks starting in the NFL (Mac Jones/Patriots, Jalen Hurts/Eagles, Tua Tagovailoa/Dolphins) all won this past Sunday.

2. Yesterday for the Eagles: a former Alabama center (Landon Dickerson) snapped the ball to a former Alabama qb (Jalen Hurts) who threw a touchdown pass to former Alabama wide receiver (DeVonta Smith) who was covered by a former Alabama cornerback (Patrick Surtain II).

Just "wow".

Got to let all the recruits hear this good news.

Bama Ed

To wrap up Bama's regular season in this thread, we play at Auburn on Saturday after beating (barely) Arkansas last weekend which was the last home game of the season (and it wasn't that cold, thankfully).

It's the last weekend of the regular season so there are lots of rivalry games on the slate. Tonight starts with the Egg Bowl (Ole Miss vs Miss State) which will be fun to sit and watch as a neutral observer. Will @tiggerdad pull for Ole Miss to get on his DW's good side or will he hope they both lose? :confused3

Tulane plays Memphis this weekend in Memphis, Pluto. Got a feel for the outcome?

Bama did clinch the SEC West against the Hogs to play Georgia in 10 days for the SEC Championship so the outcome of the Auburn game is not a required win for us but still a desired win. The line is about 20 like it was last week (when we sure didn't cover).

Bama Ed

Ole Miss pulled it off Ed. I am thankful as DW is in better mood due to this making my life easier. Between the two I'll take Ole Miss. Those stupid cowbells of MSU are just too much to tolerate.

Those stupid cowbells of MSU are just too much to tolerate.

It's what makes Mississippi State known as Moo State.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reread my post #97 again, Jack. Some of us have seen this coming. If not this week versus Auburn then next week against Georgia.

I'm sitting here telling my kids that although they've grown up with Bama being dominate year-in year-out, they aren't going to be in the CFP or win a Nattie every single year. It's something of a shock to them.

Kinda reminds me of the 2010 season.

So we good.

Ed

Last edited:
Reread my post #97 again, Jack. Some of us have seen this coming. If not this week versus Auburn then next week against Georgia.

I'm sitting here telling my kids that although they've grown up with Bama being dominate year-in year-out, they aren't going to with a Nattie every single year. It's something of a shock to them.

Kinda reminds me of the 2010 season.

So we good.

Ed

Yes, still tough to see as a fan.

PS did you catch Bill Murray at the Army game last week? He said it was on his bucket list, so he just showed up. Has similar taste with you.

Yes, still tough to see as a fan.

PS did you catch Bill Murray at the Army game last week? He said it was on his bucket list, so he just showed up. Has similar taste with you.

I SAW that. He went up into the stands and up the aisle where the Cadets were posing for pix and high-fiving folks. It was cool to see.

PS - I've been going to Bama home games for over 40 years now. It happens.

Last edited:
Well THE GAME was on early today, and we took down The Ohio State. Alot of people did not give us a chance, But finished the regular season 11-1. East/West title game next weekend in Indy.
See how that shakes up the standings with number 2 losing to us.

Well THE GAME was on early today, and we took down The Ohio State. Alot of people did not give us a chance, But finished the regular season 11-1. East/West title game next weekend in Indy.
See how that shakes up the standings with number 2 losing to us.

Good luck versus Wiscy, Chris.

I enjoyed watching all that snow blow across my tv screen. ☃

Me at the end of the Iron Bowl:

giphy.gif

But we live to play next week against Georgia.

Ed

Good luck versus Wiscy, Chris.

I enjoyed watching all that snow blow across my tv screen. ☃

Ooops. Coach Khaki Pants will face off against I-O-Way in the warm indoor confines of the stadium in Indianapolis.

My bad. :crazy:

LOL!

Lincoln Riley just jumped from Oklahoma to USC!

Good grief, is the thought of joining the SEC that intimidating? Just my opinion.

It gets better, Bob Stoops is going to be interim coach through rest of season.

Last edited:
Brian Kelly is leaving Notre Dame to be next coach at LSU.

He won't understand a word they say...

LOL!

Lincoln Riley just jumped from Oklahoma to USC!

Good grief, is the thought of joining the SEC that intimidating? Just my opinion.

It gets better, Bob Stoops is going to be interim coach through rest of season.

Yes. Riley knows the SEC plays defense so he bailed. It'll be easier to shine in the PAC conference - less competition at the top end of the league.

How bout them bearcats! Posted for bert!

Yea! Great!

Cincinnati beat #21 Houston today. Congrats. :rolleyes:

Tell Bert I road tripped from Bama to Cin City in Fall 1984 for the Bama-Cincy game in the (empty) Reds/Bearcats Stadium (I think it was - I was not completely sober that Saturday afternoon). We won by three touchdowns in a November (cold but clear day) game on our way to a losing 5-6 season (no bowl trip that year). Tonight Bama kicked UGa hiney.

Bet Bert was in middle school in 1984?

Cincy looks like they will get in with Bama #1, Mich #2 (assuming they win tonight), Georgia #3 (the sympathy vote) and Cincy #4 (Group of 5 finally gets a shot).

We will see what the Committee says tomorrow.

Here is what I DO remember about that trip to Cincy in fall 1984.

1. It was cold and clear weather for the game (November in Cincy)
2. I fell in love with Skyline Chili (a simple 3-way with red pepper sauce is the cat's meow)
3. Washed that down with some Little Kings Cream Ale (a local brew)
4. And finished with some Graeter's Ice Cream (to put out the fire in my belly)

That was the perfect Cincy Tri-fecta (as my stomach remembers it).

Bama Ed

PS - I think I slept all the way back to Alabama that Sunday afternoon.

PPS - I hope we get a rematch with Cincy/Bert

PPS - you should know by now that when Ed travels, he travels on his stomach. ::yes:: (to paraphrase Napoleon)

Last edited:
1. It was cold and clear weather for the game (November in Cincy)
2. I fell in love with Skyline Chili (a simple 3-way with red pepper sauce is the cat's meow)
3. Wash that down with some Little Kings Cream Ale (a local brew)
4. And finish with some Graeter's Ice Cream (to put out the fire in my belly)
1. Am sure it was cold.
2. oMG just no to skyline chili
3. seriously are you trying to kill your gut.
4, absolutely something had to fix your belly.

1. Am sure it was cold.
2. oMG just no to skyline chili
3. seriously are you trying to kill your gut.
4, absolutely something had to fix your belly.

You kids. :rolleyes: Such youngsters back in the day.

I still stalk the grocery stores down here to get Skyline to serve up over a steaming pile of spaghetti. With lots of sharp cheddar and Tobasco sprinkled on top? Get OUT OF MY WAY!

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Experience different cultures when you can, Kris. Live a little. Stretch out beyond your comfort zone.

Ed

PS - Wish I had a Little Kings during this boring B1G game tonight. (compared to the SEC game)

PPS - or five or six of them. :drinking1:crazy: Ho hum. :bored:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter