Cognac and Cigar -- Any experience?

groman

Rookie Cruiser
For this cruise, I am traveling with my father who very much enjoys a fine cigar and drink now and then.

Any feedback on the Cognac & Cigar tasting? What cigars are available on board? Cost? Cognac brands? Is it like the wine tasing where they talk you through samples? or is it a simple meet on deck at 10pm for a drink and cigar. Either way fine with us!

We're on the 7-day Eastern Jan 19 2008. Looks like Day 4 is the cognac/cigar event. :smokin:

Thank you,
2nd Time Disney Cruiser from North Carolina

For this cruise, I am traveling with my father who very much enjoys a fine cigar and drink now and then.

Any feedback on the Cognac & Cigar tasting? What cigars are available on board? Cost? Cognac brands? Is it like the wine tasing where they talk you through samples? or is it a simple meet on deck at 10pm for a drink and cigar. Either way fine with us!

We're on the 7-day Eastern Jan 19 2008. Looks like Day 4 is the cognac/cigar event. :smokin:

Thank you,
2nd Time Disney Cruiser from North Carolina

Can't tell you specifically about the tasting, but at the Cove Cafe they have everything from Hennessy, Courvoisier and Remy up to Louis XIII (if you don't mind paying $500 or so for a single drink). They also sell cigars there, but I think they ask you to step out to the covered area just outside to enjoy them.

I actually ended up doing a 14 y.o. scotch instead of cognac (on the recommendation of Gebe, the barista), and liked it so much it became my nightly ritual, and he kept a bottle on-hand just for me

I haven't tried cigars and cognac but if your father likes a drink now and then, I can highly recommend the martini tasting. It's an equal-opportunity experience featuring gin as well as vodka martinis. Quite enjoyable (from what I can remember).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First time caller, long-time listener.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter