Codes for smilies and fonts?

AnaheimGirl

DIS Veteran
Remember me?

I posted before about not being able to get smilies into my posts, or use the bold, underline, change font sizes/colors, etc.

I have figured out how to use a few smilies by typing out "colon smiliename colon", and can do :rotfl: and :), but I'm unable to find the right smilie name for most of the smilies.

Is there a list anywhere of what to type out for what smilie? I've found a few by either rolling my mouse over them or by right-clicking and checking properties, but it doesn't seem to work for all of them.

Also, can someone give me the code to type in to use bold, italics, etc, and to change font size and color?

Thank you!!

Yes, I can see smilies to the right of the text box in my posting section. When I click on one of them, it just sends me to the top of the page, and does nothing with the smilie. Ditto when clicking for "more" smilies, and when clicking on any of the editing functions (bold/font/bullets...).

Somebody tried to help me with this and couldn't replicate my problem. So now I thought I'd try to find another way.

I appreciate any help.

AG, received your PM.
For all I've tried I cannot replicate your problem. If typing in the codes will suffice for you then that will work. Just takes a little more effort than using the editor directly.

To get the regular Vb codes, go to this FAQ page: Vb Codes

One thing missing there is that for size you can use either relative size or absolute size. The example they give in the FAQ's is for relative size. The DIS default size is 3 (I think). To go one size larger using the Vb code, you could enter either size=+1 (as a relative size), or you could enter size=4 (as an absolute size)

As for the smile codes, see if you can access this page: Smiles
If the link doesn't work, try putting the address directly into your browser:
http ://www.disboards.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=43 (Note: Remove the extra space between http and the colon; that's only there to keep it from becoming a direct link)
If you can't, then if you have a few particular smiles you like, post back with it's position in the chart (and brief description), and I can give you the codes.

Sorry we can't figure out what's causing your problem. It's probably something on your end with your browser, or maybe a browser add-on of some kind. One thought is to reinstall IE to see if that does anything.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Bill,

That's exactly what I was looking for. I don't mind typing the code once in a while, when I really need to emphasize something or insert that perfect smilie, LOL!

I'll be playing with the codes later to see how they work, and hopefully I won't have any more questions!

Thanks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter