Clueless guest comments at WDW

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
I will never cease to be amazed by the number of WDW visitors who clearly have done absolutely nothing to prepare for their trips - no guide books, videos, etc. They arrive with absolutely no idea of what there is to see or do. How do I identify these people? Its easy - just listen to their conversations. We got back from WDW yesterday. Here are a few comments we overheard during the week.

1. Overheard at the EPCOT front gate: One guy talking to another - "What's that big golf ball anyway? Is that new?"

2. Same guy - "I hope this park isn't as crowded as Disney World was yesterday." (I assume he was referring to MK)

3. My daughter and I were entering Mission:Space. There was a family in front of us at the turnstiles - mom, dad and 2 young kids. The CM stopped them to measure the kids to see if they were tall enough. Dad says, "Oh, is this a ride?"

4. As we are getting ready to board Kilimanjaro Safari, a mom says to a dad, "What if the kids are scared of the animals?" Dad's reply, "If they're scared, we'll just get off."

So let's hear your best overheard clueless guest comments.

This one is so common that it's not funny anymore : "Where is Disney World?" when they're standing in the MK.

The best one I've heard was this past June in front of the Haunted Mansion.

Then CM was standing *directly* under the wait time sign, I mean, *right* under it, and someone walked up to her and said "What's the wait for this ride?"

To her credit, the CM managed not to get angry or laugh, but she did speak very slowly, as if talking to a small child, when she said 10 minutes. :teeth:

That is so funny...Unfortunately, I dont have any right now, but I hope that other DISBOARD members continue to post remarks here because that is funny! Keep it up !!!

Originally posted by disneysteve
So let's hear your best overheard clueless guest comments.

IMO, the best one ever :hyper: What time is the 3:00 parade? :eek:

Last spring I got on the resort monorail at TTC and when we stopped at the Poly, a woman gets on and wants to know if this goes to the MK.

Last year we got on the monorail at the TTC. A family with a "know it all" dad was talking loudly. It was about 8:30 AM and they had already been riding for some time. They did not seem to have any idea what to do for the day, and eventually decided that they would "just stay on this train until it takes us to the movie studio."

As DH and I were exiting, I politely told them that the monorail does not go to Disney Studios. They just stared at me and as we walked away I heard good ol' dad say "She don't know what she's talking about."

When waiting for DH to get a FastPass I overheard several times-- 'We aren't going to pay 'extra' to get one of those 'special' tickets' I wanted to turned around and say -- Uh, Dude-- your regular park pass works, read your map!

I've ran into this a few times when tlaking to people but my friend took the cake.
She didn't go to WDW but her dad and DS did and stayed with an aunt and ucle at FtW.
My friend told me they did her son did the disney parks... WDW and Universal and they didn't go to that new place (epcot) since it wasn't at disney. Talk to her DS and found out he went to all for WDW parks and no where else. She argued with him that he didn't know what he was tlaking about LOL.

I do run into that often. People either think US/IOA/SW are all a part of WDW, or they think WDW is only MK.

On e opinions some guy wrote a horrible review for WDW saying they don't sell multi park passes and the only way to see all 4 parks was to buy a 1 or 2 day pass for each of them. I made a comment to it correcting his info, I hope people actually read the comments that are left.

While checking in for my honeymoon at Ft Wilderness, I overheard a nice gentleman asking how long it takes to get from the campground to Animal Kingdom via the golfcart :earseek: . 20 minutes for Disney bus, about 2 days for the golfcart :hyper: .

Overheard someone in line for ToT "So this is Universal, right?"

Also, overheard in MK..."can you take the monorail to Universal from here?"

Heard in Epcot : "I do not want to eat here. I'm not eating fast food. We'll come back after we eat at a real restaurant. Let's go to Chilis"

Up until 2 weeks ago, my mother thought Universal Studios was part of WDW. When I told her it wasn't, she was very surprised. But she's my mom and she's cute anyway. :teeth:

Originally posted by roger_ramjet
Ah, yes. True American gourmet food.

:rolleyes:

This comment was even funnier considering we were on our way to Restaurant Marrakesh, which if you have not eaten there..is just WOW. :) It's our favorite in Epcot. I'll take that over Chili's any day.

A couple seated on the bus behind me on the way to MGM were saying if they didn't like MGM, they would just take the monorail to Magic Kingdom. I explained to them that there is no monorail at MGM. I have to say that they were really thankful for the information.

While my cousin and I were standing in line for Dole Whips, a man was conversing on his cell phone. Apparantely (sp?) they were meeting up with some other people. His end of the conversation went something like this "What castle do you want to meet at (in complete confusion)?" "The big, big castle?" "No, we ain't seen no big castle" It took all I had not to bust out laughing in the guys face. I just had to walk away.

In Animal Kingdom, you can see the construction of Expedition Everest in the distance. I can't tell you the number of times I heard people saying it was a new hotel being built.

Also overheard:

Someone saying they wanted to go back on the Spider-Man ride. Another person in that group was aware, however, that Spider-Man was not in WDW.

When I was waiting at the bus stop at OKW, someone who had no idea there was a Food & Wine Festival going on.

Actually at EPCOT, by the Canada pavilion, I heard a family going on about how Food & Wine Festival wasn't there on consecutive days and that there was a ride at the top of the building in Canada. Just listening to them talking, I could tell they had NO idea what they were doing.

Last week while at AK we used our FPs to get into Safari, as we are walking past the HUGE crowd in the stand-by line some guy was saying LOUDLY "That's our problem...all these VIPs they are letting get in the front of the line". He continued on as the CM took our FPs...then she politely turned around and said "Sir, these are FPs, anyone can use them". Of course he rudely answered "Sure...if you want to pay hundreds of dollars extra". "No sir" she said again politely "They are free with your park pass". :p Did not hear another word out of his mouth. LOL!:teeth:

I mean....they now even have an INSERT in the park map that clearly discusses Fast Passes. Not to mention all the CMs they have stationed at the FP kiosk. People just don't take the time to read while they are there...no less doing a second of research before arriving. It's unbelievable!

We were on the bridge between the UK and France, and a family rushed by us. I heard the father say " We'll go have lunch, and be back here by 2:00 and get a good spot for the fireworks". I aklways wondered how long they stood saving their spot before they clued in.

two comes to mind right now.
three weeks ago i was entering thru the gates of the mk. a woman turns to her husband and says, you take the three boys and i'll take the girl for rides.
we'll meet up at 2:50 for the 3:00 parade. meet me in front of the castle.

yea, good luck...................

the other, i don't have a ps for lunch anywhere at mk, lets just go to the castle around noon, i'm sure we will get in.

and all this was on a saturday................busy time at mk then......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter