• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club run disney

Like some others, was planning on doing W&D weekend as a virtual option until I saw my beloved Figment for the Challenge. Torn between attending in person vs. virtual. Let's be honest, it's really about the ability to purchase Figment merch and potential meet-and-greet, which we've heard previously was coming sometime in 2023. Great use of early expo access!

Needing to assess the likelihood of training/race success of three in-person runDisney back-to-back weekends if deciding to fly down for W&D. The current plan is for DL 2024 (already registered), plus MW 2024 vs. SS 2024. Was hoping to see what the C2C challenge medals might look like before deciding, but am thinking that is unlikely to happen.

Last time DH and I ran three back-to-back weekends was for DL Superheroes, MW, and Princess, and ended up with pretty nasty overtraining injuries. Finished all races due to sheer stubbornness, and fully admit that's not a good way to go!

Virtual is the safest route (and kinder to the piggy bank), but will then miss out on chance to possibly add a Figment race jacket to my collection. Sigh...a few more sleeps to decide.

In the same boat- received one link but not the other. Reached out and received the boilerplate response to check my spam and junk folders 🙄 It’s 2023 and I paid a ridiculous amount of money to get advanced registration. Don’t you think I would have checked already before telling you I haven’t received my link?? Grrrrr.

I called after I posted. All she said was ,”the emails were sent out today. You should receive it this afternoon.” Pretty generic. I just hate having to call and follow through. I mean I know we have until next week it would just be nice not to have varying times of receiving it. Or don’t post that it’ll be available to register at a certain time,
Hey Softballpooh - what was the number you called when you had this issue back during the DL registration?

In the same boat- received one link but not the other. Reached out and received the boilerplate response to check my spam and junk folders 🙄 It’s 2023 and I paid a ridiculous amount of money to get advanced registration. Don’t you think I would have checked already before telling you I haven’t received my link?? Grrrrr.
I haven't even received that boilerplate response yet.

Hey Softballpooh - what was the number you called when you had this issue back during the DL registration?
@_shiny_side_up_ (407) 939-4786

Just a note of warning though that there is no person with runDisney that will assist by phone. They only verify your email and can answer generic questions. It's super frustrating. My issue was resolved by email using the Contact Us form on the website but only after a lot of back and forth. I even tried to be proactive for this registration last week and said I do not receive their emails when sent in bulk and could I please add a secondary email- note they do not allow this. They told me I could reset my Disney OneID with a new email which I refuse to do because it means I would have to reset every password and email for all of my Disney related accounts.

Alas, I'll just have to jump these hoops every single registration period. Maybe it's why they give CrD a week to register to be able to deal with their IT nightmares 🤪

I finally got a response and it was confirming that I was registered for the challenge. Not answering or addressing my issue at all. I wanted to scream at the email, because it was clear they didn't read what I sent AT ALL.

I don’t understand why they can’t just have the CrD registration links right in our accounts? The emails seem like an unnecessary step where too many things can go wrong so easily.
I am guessing the accounts aren't built for such. Disney has a whole has an IT problem but its much deeper than that. A lot of their systems are old and then patched and then new systems are built on top of those or to work in conjunction and that just doesn't work.

For example, the theme park reservation system was built on what was the fastpass+ system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter