• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Club run disney

Pleased to report that I received my second link today! It took some persistence with a total of one phone call, three emails, and one dissatisfied outcome service survey. As first-time Club runDisney early registration experiences go, can honestly say I was hoping for a smoother process, and yet, not totally surprised.

Grateful for those poor cast members who are likely dealing with many of these similar issues this week. Phew!

Hope everyone else has had success with their early registrations. Have a great weekend!

5 phone calls, 2 submissions on the contact us page, and 1 AMAZING technical support person via email I have the registration links. Not in an official runDisney email, mind you, but the actual links that the technical support person copy/pasted into her email to me. Had she not had the insight to include the actual links in our communication chain, I still wouldn't be able to register.

I don't have one more phone call in me at the moment, but I'm planning to just visit the runDisney support team in person in April when I'm there for Springtime to get it sorted out. One of the CMs suggested I change my email address, but when I do that then it sets off a chain of events because all Disney emails are linked to that email address. And yes, I get emails from every other Disney group (destinations, hotel, dining, etc) EXCEPT runDisney.

Happy Friday!

Looking for some advice as to when I should plan to get to the expo on Thursday as a gold member. I know access for gold starts at 9 am, but have no idea how much of a line there is for gold members or how early I should line up. Was thinking of leaving my resort (Coronado) at 8 and driving over, but any tips would be appreciated, since this is my first time using the gold benefits. Thanks!

Looking for some advice as to when I should plan to get to the expo on Thursday as a gold member. I know access for gold starts at 9 am, but have no idea how much of a line there is for gold members or how early I should line up. Was thinking of leaving my resort (Coronado) at 8 and driving over, but any tips would be appreciated, since this is my first time using the gold benefits. Thanks!
I arrived around 9 as a platinum member at W&D coming from Coronado and there was basically no line for the CrD entrance

For the marathon weekend I arrived at 9am as a Gold member. There was a line - but it took about 10 minutes for me to get in. None of the merchandise had sold out yet. I can't imagine Princess Weekend would be busier.

I’m also Platinum but most likely can’t go until late afternoon.., do you know if they do any virtual shopping?
Also, any ideas on what is more likely to be sold out sooner?
Thanks!

I am a Platinum member and renewed. For me, the totally stress free racing was worth every penny, but I love running at Disney and plan and doing all the race weekends. Since questions and answers are kind of spread out through this thread, I thought I would try to put them in one place:

**. Club membership is ONLY for that club member (no you can't share)
** GUARANTEED registration - 1 for Gold, 2 for Platinum
** 2 race registrations will allow the club member ONLY to sign up (ie: Challenge & 5K). This was the only issue I faced previously. (Platinum only)
** Early access to the expo is 1 hour prior to opening on the first day of the Expo (Gold & Platinum).
** Platinum lounge is open 1 hour prior to early expo access and stays open for the duration of the Expo. This area is bib/shirt pickup, special picture opportunity, and drinks (soda, water, Powerade) (Platinum only)
** Upgraded corral (Platinum only). This was GREAT! No stressing about POT.
**. All memberships get Club Jacket, virtual 10K, and Club designation on bib. We received jackets and medals in October/November in 2020. 2021 was little different timing due to obvious reasons.

Membership runs from Oct 1, 2022 to Sept 30, 2023 so will be as follows:

Early expo access, upgraded corral (Platinum), platinum lounge, Club designation on bib:
Wine & Dine 2022
Marathon Weekend 2023
Princess Weekend 2023
Springtime Surprise 2023

Guaranteed Registration (not just early, but GUARANTEED):
Wine & Dine 2023
Marathon Weekend 2024
Princess Weekend 2024
Springtime Surprise 2024

Hope this helps a little bit. ~Val
This is great info! So just to be sure, if I wanted to sign up for Dopey 2025 and have guaranteed registration, I would need to purchase a club Disney for the 23-24 year and to get the race weekend benefits for the same weekend I would have to renew for the 24-25 season? I’m a newbie and trying to figure it out.

This is great info! So just to be sure, if I wanted to sign up for Dopey 2025 and have guaranteed registration, I would need to purchase a club Disney for the 23-24 year and to get the race weekend benefits for the same weekend I would have to renew for the 24-25 season? I’m a newbie and trying to figure it out.
Correct. To get the guaranteed registration AND get club benefits for any given race weekend you need to have 2 years worth of club runDisney

After MW and DL Half Marathon weekend, I’m starting to wonder if runDisney IT incompetence is a way to sell runDisney memberships. Due to a last minute business trip (and honestly, bad planning on my part - I could have avoided being in the air during registration) I missed out on the DL Half. I’m now 90% certain I’m going to signup for CrD once it opens for next season Just to avoid the stress. Time to start saving….

After MW and DL Half Marathon weekend, I’m starting to wonder if runDisney IT incompetence is a way to sell runDisney memberships. Due to a last minute business trip (and honestly, bad planning on my part - I could have avoided being in the air during registration) I missed out on the DL Half. I’m now 90% certain I’m going to signup for CrD once it opens for next season Just to avoid the stress. Time to start saving….
I signed up last year mainly for the ability to walk in and walk out during packet pickup and have Dopey 10th anniversary merch access. The DL registration was a nice bonus. I’m signing up for at least the half for marathon weekend and probably W&D if I can sneak away.

Princess weekend expo opens at 830am for Platinum.. no transportation will be provided at that time, right?

I’m planning to go to Art of Animation -using the bus from MK after Yoga- and then walk? uber?

I have to get in and out in 30-40 mins and get back to Poly to attend a meeting from work at 9:30am so I’m planning around it

Any tips will be appreciated, thanks!

Princess weekend expo opens at 830am for Platinum.. no transportation will be provided at that time, right?

I’m planning to go to Art of Animation -using the bus from MK after Yoga- and then walk? uber?

I have to get in and out in 30-40 mins and get back to Poly to attend a meeting from work at 9:30am so I’m planning around it

Any tips will be appreciated, thanks!
You'll want to Uber/Lyft. I usually scheduled mine ahead of time. The bib pickup area usually opened well before 8:30. But they held you in the members lounge area until the merch opened up.

You'll want to Uber/Lyft. I usually scheduled mine ahead of time. The bib pickup area usually opened well before 8:30. But they held you in the members lounge area until the merch opened up.
It seems that many people have this scheduled, us$50 per ride (!)

Can someone remind me: if I don’t do early access for Platinum do I have to join the VQ or can I join the line when I get there on Thursday? I got a preview for Tron so prob can’t take advantage of my early access!

Can someone remind me: if I don’t do early access for Platinum do I have to join the VQ or can I join the line when I get there on Thursday? I got a preview for Tron so prob can’t take advantage of my early access!
I haven't done it, but I heard that cast members would just let you in. But officially I'm not sure what the policy is.

I asked on my way out at Wine & Dine, after I had gone to the hassle of getting there early, and they said I would have been able to just go in. Our bib pickup is upstairs from merch, so they have to at least let us in that far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter