• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!

Home: VGF
Broker: https://www.**********.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 04/28/21
Offer accepted: 04/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 04/29/21
Passed ROFR: 05/18/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 6/04/21
Closing docs returned: 6/29/21
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing: 7/02/21
Deed recorded: - 7/06/21
Contract Showing on Membership: -
Points in account

UPDATE:

Home: AUL
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 3/30/21
Offer accepted: 4/2/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/6/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/3/2021
Estoppel Received: 5/12/2021
Closing docs received: 05/27/2021
Closing docs returned: 05/28/2021
Money Wired: 05/28/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 06/11/2021
Closing: 06/23/2021
Deed recorded: 06/23/2021
Contract Showing on Membership (new member) : 07/06/2021
Points in account:

Club ID and activation code was received few hours after I received a response from DVD this morning, I emailed last night. If the chat feature is unavailable do people just call member services to get the points loaded?

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Contract Showing on Membership (new member) : 07/06/2021
Points in account:

Club ID and activation code was received few hours after I received a response from DVD this morning, I emailed last night. If the chat future is unavailable do people just call member services to get the points loaded?
Eeek! Mine recorded on 6/24. Hope to see my account showing soon! I had another contract close out a couple of weeks ago. Once I saw the new membership number showing in my account, I tried calling twice but failed. CM said the paperwork hasn't arrived yet. I tried chat the next morning and CM was able to load the points. Good luck to you!

Eeek! Mine recorded on 6/24. Hope to see my account showing soon! I had another contract close out a couple of weeks ago. Once I saw the new membership number showing in my account, I tried calling twice but failed. CM said the paperwork hasn't arrived yet. I tried chat the next morning and CM was able to load the points. Good luck to you!
Ooooh okay I'll try tomorrow. Thanks!

Home: HHI
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 6/1/21
Offer accepted: 6/1/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/2/21
Passed ROFR: 6/28/21
Closing docs received: 7/6/21
Closing docs returned: 7/6/21
Sellers closing docs returned:?
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home Resort: AUL
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 6/5/2021
Offer accepted: 6/7/2021
Sent to ROFR: 6/10/2021
Passed ROFR: 6/30/2021
Estoppel Received: 7/1/2021
Closing docs received: 7/2/2021
Closing docs returned:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Funds wired:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:
Moving right along. Since this is Hawaii I have to get a document notarized this time. Didn't have to do that for CCV. So will be heading to the bank this week to get that done and then send in my documents. I sure hope everything goes faster and I don't have to wait 2 months after Closing to get my points!

Home Resort: AKL
Broker:
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 5/14/21
Offer accepted: 5/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/15/21
Passed ROFR: 6/4/21
Closing docs received: 6/25
Closing docs returned buyer: 6/26
Closing docs returned seller: 7/02
Closing: 7/07
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

I'm so excited to have closed! At the same time, bummed to see this note at the bottom of the email: "***Disney is having system updates and will not be able to transfer contracts between July 7th and July 20th. If your closing falls in this timeframe, the transfer will occur after July 21st."

The seller being a little sluggish on the return and the holiday weekend really didn't do us any favors. I'm not looking forward to the 2-3 week after the 21st.

Last UPDATE!!!!

Contract Showing on Membership (new member) : 07/06/2021 (Emailed the wdw dvd email from here to get club id and activation code)
Points in account: 07/07/2021 (I found the 2 CM I've encountered via chat to be very dismissive and unwilling to help from yesterday and this morning. Called yesterday and CM was great but paperwork has not reached their department. Called this morning and after 24 minutes on hold she was able to load my points!)

Pixie dust to you all waiting. Exactly 99 days today!!! Whew!

Home Resort: AKL
Broker:
Offer made: 5/14/21
Offer accepted: 5/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/15/21
Passed ROFR: 6/4/21
Closing docs received: 6/25
Closing docs returned buyer: 6/26
Closing docs returned seller: 7/02
Closing: 7/07
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

I'm so excited to have closed! At the same time, bummed to see this note at the bottom of the email: "***Disney is having system updates and will not be able to transfer contracts between July 7th and July 20th. If your closing falls in this timeframe, the transfer will occur after July 21st."

The seller being a little sluggish on the return and the holiday weekend really didn't do us any favors. I'm not looking forward to the 2-3 week after the 21st.
July 7th? I thought the maintenance period started on the 17th.

At the same time, bummed to see this note at the bottom of the email: "***Disney is having system updates and will not be able to transfer contracts between July 7th and July 20th. If your closing falls in this timeframe, the transfer will occur after July 21st."
Am in the same boat as my deed just got recorded by the county today. I guess I'm looking at early to mid August before I'll see it show up in my account. Personally, I'm ok with that since I don't need to use this contract until October, but I feel for others who may have a more immediate need.

It still amazes me that their systems can be allowed to down for this length of time. I spent the better part of 2 decades implementing systems for Fortune 500 companies where we always worked to minimize downtime when performing upgrades. Without getting too techy, we'd use development/testing system environments that mirrored the live system (production) to get everything ready without affecting the production system's availability. And when these systems did need to be down to promote an upgrade, it would be down for just a few hours, very early on a Saturday/Sunday morning in order to minimize impact to our users. Certainly not days or weeks. That said, the systems I worked on were all deemed critical, and I guess DVC's are not.

July 7th? I thought the maintenance period started on the 17th.
17-20th is outage of all MS/MA support and DVC member website. Separately from that, DVC contract transfers/processing is out 7/7-21st. Both are under the guise of system maintenance/upgrades...

17-20th is outage of all MS/MA support and DVC member website. Separately from that, DVC contract transfers/processing is out 7/7-21st. Both are under the guise of system maintenance/upgrades...
uhhh! my BLT contract recorded on 6/24. Thought I would have gotten points by this week. Guess I'll haveto wait until next month!

Home: BLT (I am the seller)
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Offer made: 5/21/2021
Offer accepted: 5/21/2021
Sent to ROFR: 5/22/2021
Passed ROFR: 6/11/2021
Closing docs received: 7/7/2021
Closing docs returned: ????? (not yet)
Sellers closing docs returned:? 7/7/2021
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

The good news is that this contract my close before the one I am buying (which had documents to the seller 3 weeks ago, but he is in the Navy so that has delayed the trip to the notary). I may have my funds from this to send for that since I will not wire payment until he returns them! Hopefully, this buyer wants the contract quickly and we close by the end of the week!

Is this posted somewhere? I chatted with a CM just now and he/she was not aware of this outtage. The only one he/she was familiar with was the one that's scheduled for 7/17-7/20.

Is this posted somewhere? I chatted with a CM just now and he/she was not aware of this outtage. The only one he/she was familiar with was the one that's scheduled for 7/17-7/20.

I only knew about it from the closing email from Magic Vacation Title.

There was also some discussion of this on last quarter's ROFR thread (page 138). Again- hope its just a rumor. Just seemed very specific though. It's resale, so I'm resigned to waiting...⏳

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter