Closing Time!

When I initially brought around the pandemic it was 90 days.

To give an idea:

ROFR submitted: 27th April
Passed: 28th May
Closed: 15th June
Added to account: 22nd July
Points added: 7th August
mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

And you have, what, 30 contracts now?

Last edited:

Final update:

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/9
Offer accepted: 2/9
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/24 (14 days)
Estoppel Issued: 2/24
Closing docs received: 3/11 (15 days)
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Closing: 3/15 (2 days)
Deed recorded: 3/16 (1 day)
Contract Showing on Membership: 3/31 (15 days)
Points in account: 4/2?? (I didn’t call and didn’t even look yesterday so they could have been there)

Total days: 52 days

This is at least two weeks shorter than my first contract from last year but still felt long!

And while yes I know the timing varies, it’s unfair to blame people for wondering why their stuff hasn’t come as soon as others. A) if this is their first time with resale, then it’s really an eye opener. No matter how many times people warn them. And B) its friggen human nature. I’m sure everyone purchasing a contract has responded and submitted forms as soon as they received them so it’s frustrating to have to wait on others. Especially when people who are on their same timeline are getting their stuff quicker.

Yes, we should all take a deep breath. But we should also try not to judge anyone on this board. Some of us are new to the process, some of us have deadlines we are trying to meet, some of us have points we could lose, and some of us are just plain excited.

It shows up the day it is filed. All done electronically.

No. It takes a few days

Thanks. I'll just keep checking this week. Or maybe I'll just drop an email to make sure everything is good.

I don’t think Grand Californian (CA) contracts show on the Florida website…
I think you need to check here:
https://cr.ocgov.com/recorderworks/

Yeah, that's the one I've been checking. I also looked and found their old deed from 2009 on there.

I don’t think Grand Californian (CA) contracts show on the Florida website…
I think you need to check here:
https://cr.ocgov.com/recorderworks/
Oh yeah, she purchased VGC. That's a different story. The Orange County (CA) Clerk/Recorder is a bit slower, and the documents aren't as accessible or free to download. The Orange County (FL) Comptroller is always within a day of filing (often times the same day).

Last edited:
And while yes I know the timing varies, it’s unfair to blame people for wondering why their stuff hasn’t come as soon as others. A) if this is their first time with resale, then it’s really an eye opener. No matter how many times people warn them. And B) its friggen human nature. I’m sure everyone purchasing a contract has responded and submitted forms as soon as they received them so it’s frustrating to have to wait on others. Especially when people who are on their same timeline are getting their stuff quicker.

Yes, we should all take a deep breath. But we should also try not to judge anyone on this board. Some of us are new to the process, some of us have deadlines we are trying to meet, some of us have points we could lose, and some of us are just plain excited.
Pretty sure no one is "blaming" or "judging" anyone else. It really is no skin off my nose if someone wants to work themselves up into a panic attack. I simply find it a curious new phenomenon and said there's no reason to get worked up, and pointed out that we are in unique times where, if anything, everyone should actually be anything BUT stressed (no ROFR, ridiculously low prices, super fast closing, DVC processing contracts and points faster than ever).

Please remember…links for brokers. It is confusing to new posters when people don’t. I hate to delete peoples hard work. If one doesn’t want to post the link, just leave blank.

Home Resort: Copper Creek
Broker: https://resales.*******.com
Title Company: TRCS, Inc.
Offer made: 1/27/23
Offer accepted: 1/27/23
Sent to ROFR:1/30/23
Passed ROFR: 3/10/23
Closing docs received:3/13/23
Closing docs returned: buyer, 3/14/23, seller, 3/14/23
Funds wired 3/17/23
Closing: 3/24/23
Deed recorded: 3/24/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 4/7/23
Points in account: 4/10/23

Last edited:
Hmm. Maybe it closed and they just didn't let me know. I guess we'll wait and see.

I'm slightly ahead of you, but with Marcelo at Mason. They sent an email that I closed on the 29th, and it was on the CA OC registry when I checked this weekend. For whatever reason it took ~1.5 weeks to close from when everyone had their documents in, wire completed, etc to closing. I think one thing was that my agent wasn't as quick as they could have been on reviewing the terms (points on contract) and approving it to close, and the fact they seem to be pretty busy these days. So my guess is you are just in the queue, you can email Mason and ask them if they have an ETA.

I am particularly nervous about the closing & time for points to show up in my account because I just passed my 11 month window and the dates of our next trip already sold out for the Grand Villas. Luckily it looks like the 2 bedrooms are still available, but I'm getting pretty anxious.

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 2/21
Offer accepted: 2/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/1
Passed ROFR: 3/7
Closing docs received: 3/16
Closing docs returned: 3/?
Closing: 3/30
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account: 50

Days Total:

*Will Update as i find info*

Last edited:
Final update:

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/9
Offer accepted: 2/9
Sent to ROFR: 2/10
Passed ROFR: 2/24 (14 days)
Estoppel Issued: 2/24
Closing docs received: 3/11 (15 days)
Buyer Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Seller Closing docs returned: 3/13 (2 days)
Closing: 3/15 (2 days)
Deed recorded: 3/16 (1 day)
Contract Showing on Membership: 3/31 (15 days)
Points in account: 4/2?? (I didn’t call and didn’t even look yesterday so they could have been there)

Total days: 52 days

This is at least two weeks shorter than my first contract from last year but still felt long!

So excited! Its like a whole new world of vacation!

I'm slightly ahead of you, but with Marcelo at Mason. They sent an email that I closed on the 29th, and it was on the CA OC registry when I checked this weekend. For whatever reason it took ~1.5 weeks to close from when everyone had their documents in, wire completed, etc to closing. I think one thing was that my agent wasn't as quick as they could have been on reviewing the terms (points on contract) and approving it to close, and the fact they seem to be pretty busy these days. So my guess is you are just in the queue, you can email Mason and ask them if they have an ETA.

I am particularly nervous about the closing & time for points to show up in my account because I just passed my 11 month window and the dates of our next trip already sold out for the Grand Villas. Luckily it looks like the 2 bedrooms are still available, but I'm getting pretty anxious.

Thanks for the info. That helps.

Bummer that it's taking your points a while. I'm glad we decided to pull the trigger and do this earlier than we initially planned because our 11-month window isn't until July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter