Closing Time!!

Newbie here- is it normal for your title agent to be unreachable? I have a question about our contract and I've tried calling, I've tried email...it seems like it's a one-way communication. Our company is First American, if that helps.
Thank you!
I swear it depends on the agent there. I’ve gone through them two times, the first time I had an agent who wasn’t super responsive, but this past time I had someone else, and she responded so quickly every time.
But once it got turned over to the title company, I mainly communicated with them and they were really fast as well at first American... So I believe it’s just hit or miss.

Home : SSR
Broker: www.fidelityresales.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 6/19/20
Offer accepted: 6/21/20
Sent to ROFR: 6/24/20
Passed ROFR: 7/30/20
Closing docs received: 8/12/20
Closing docs returned: 8/12/20
Seller returned closing docs: 8/20/20
Closing: 8/21/20
Deed recorded: 8/25/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 9/18/20
Points in account:

Contact showing yesterday. Now to wait for points.

Newbie here- is it normal for your title agent to be unreachable? I have a question about our contract and I've tried calling, I've tried email...it seems like it's a one-way communication. Our company is First American, if that helps.
Thank you!
We used first American and I called our title person and she called back within a day.

So we closed on July 28th and still haven’t received our member emails from Disney. Our broker found out today it’s because the sellers who were supposed to take a trip 2 weeks ago rescheduled their trip to the end of this month. Our broker said they’re in breach of contract because it’s not their contract anymore to play around with the points. He said they will need to cancel their trip. My question is what happens to those points? Do we as the buyers get them?

So we closed on July 28th and still haven’t received our member emails from Disney. Our broker found out today it’s because the sellers who were supposed to take a trip 2 weeks ago rescheduled their trip to the end of this month. Our broker said they’re in breach of contract because it’s not their contract anymore to play around with the points. He said they will need to cancel their trip. My question is what happens to those points? Do we as the buyers get them?
WOW - That's alarming!
I hope you get it sorted out in your favor.

That's terrible. Some people are either clueless or greedy. Stay on top of everyone to make sure that you don't get hosed. Good luck!

My pending contract has a trip on it, so I actually read this in my contract (20$ a point or the buyer can cancel the whole contract). I was going to make an offer for the points on it if they want to cancel and close early, but I decided to let it ride in case they cancel and it has nothing to do with me.

I'd threaten to cancel. Then maybe they'll cancel the trip to avoid being on the hook for commissions because they are in breach. They are liars and you deserve the points!

How is it even possible to monkey with it??? I guess they had to do this right around closing but before the title is registered? I know the title company checks the points again at closing. Maybe they did it after closing? Maybe you can just call member services and cancel their trip for them. That would be my first instinct.

Correct...those points are your points right now since you have closed and they amended the terms and canceled the original trip.

Therefore, I’d contact MA asking they transfer the contract ASAP which will automatically cancel the trip.

My pending contract has a trip on it, so I actually read this in my contract (20$ a point or the buyer can cancel the whole contract). I was going to make an offer for the points on it if they want to cancel and close early, but I decided to let it ride in case they cancel and it has nothing to do with me.

I'd threaten to cancel. Then maybe they'll cancel the trip to avoid being on the hook for commissions because they are in breach. They are liars and you deserve the points!

How is it even possible to monkey with it??? I guess they had to do this right around closing but before the title is registered? I know the title company checks the points again at closing. Maybe they did it after closing? Maybe you can just call member services and cancel their trip for them. That would be my first instinct.

They can’t cancel. The contract has already closed and deed recorded, MA will need to simply transfer and it will cancel the trip automatically.

I called member services yesterday thinking maybe I missed an email and they don’t have either me or my husband in the system so I don’t think that would work. I’ll keep that in mind though. I can always run it by my broker if need be.

I had one with Mason

ROFR passed June 30th
Closing docs received July 16th.
I cant see it taken 17 days or so just to send closing docs.

Correct...those points are your points right now since you have closed and they amended the terms and canceled the original trip.

Therefore, I’d contact MA asking they transfer the contract ASAP which will automatically cancel the trip.
They can’t cancel. The contract has already closed and deed recorded, MA will need to simply transfer and it will cancel the trip automatically.
I don’t think I can cancel because we’re not showing in Disney’s system as members so I don’t have a member number for them to transfer the points too. Our broker reached out to their broker and last I heard the broker is still waiting to talk to them so they can be told to cancel the trip. Fingers crossed this goes easy and without any pushback from the sellers and we get the points.

I don’t think I can cancel because we’re not showing in Disney’s system as members so I don’t have a member number for them to transfer the points too. Our broker reached out to their broker and last I heard the broker is still waiting to talk to them so they can be told to cancel the trip. Fingers crossed this goes easy and without any pushback from the sellers and we get the points.

Once MA transfer the contract to you from the other owner, it will disappear from them, including the trip,

So, they will no longer have it to use, I would email MA and tell them time is of the essence foe all of this because what they are doing is not allowed.

Home: BWV
Broker: www,*************.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 07/07/2020
Offer accepted: 07/07/2020
Sent to ROFR: 07/08/2020
Passed ROFR: 08/12/2020
Closing docs received: 09/09/2020
Closing docs returned: 09/10/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 09/16/2020
Closing: 09/18/2020
Deed recorded: 09/17/2020
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account

Yes, they told me the closing was on 9/18 and I checked Orange County filings and the deed was filed 9/17!

Once MA transfer the contract to you from the other owner, it will disappear from them, including the trip,

So, they will no longer have it to use, I would email MA and tell them time is of the essence foe all of this because what they are doing is not allowed.
But can they transfer if I’m not in the system? I would think without a member number there’s no where for the points to go.

But can they transfer if I’m not in the system? I would think without a member number there’s no where for the points to go.

Membership administration is the one who transfer contracts once they are closed, The people on the phone you are calling is MS which can’t do anything until MA does its part.

So, that is who you need to contact, They May have put it on hold because they saw a reservation. You need to let them know you did not authorize it, closed back in July and therefore, it should be taken from the old owners and moved to you,

They are the ones that assign the number number etc, Basically, even after the sale is complete, the contract stays in the account until MA moves it,

This is why some title companies don’t pay sellers right away because this allowed them to move the trip.

Membership administration is the one who transfer contracts once they are closed, The people on the phone you are calling is MS which can’t do anything until MA does its part.

So, that is who you need to contact, They May have put it on hold because they saw a reservation. You need to let them know you did not authorize it, closed back in July and therefore, it should be taken from the old owners and moved to you,
They are the ones that assign the number number etc, Basically, even after the sale is complete, the contract stays in the account until MA moves it,

This is why some title companies don’t pay sellers right away because this allowed them to move the trip.
Is member administration the 800-800-9800 number? I think I tried that extension yesterday and it said the department can only be reached by email and I’ve read on here of people emailing them and only getting a generic reply. Do you have a different number?

Is member administration the 800-800-9800 number? I think I tried that extension yesterday and it said the department can only be reached by email and I’ve read on here of people emailing them and only getting a generic reply. Do you have a different number?

That is MS, and while there is an option to connect to them, they will tell you they are not accepting calls.

You can only email them as they do not have many workers back yet. But, it’s still worth it in hopes they can get to it quickly, especially given the closing date, Its been taking about 5 weeks to get transferred and you are way beyond that.

That is MS, and while there is an option to connect to them, they will tell you they are not accepting calls.

You can only email them as they do not have many workers back yet. But, it’s still worth it in hopes they can get to it quickly, especially given the closing date, Its been taking about 5 weeks to get transferred and you are way beyond that.
Thank you. I’ll have to call back to get the email address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!