Closing Time!!

When you go to your dashboard and it shows you your existing contract, your new resort picture will be added. For example, mine was BWV and I added SSR. One day I logged in and instead of seeing a BWV image it was SSR. You can also click on “manage my points“ and it shows a list of each contract and points. It will show the contract there under your main (direct) points
Thank you!!!

If you only just closed 5/20 you can look for your deed recording. It looks like it’s taking about 18ish days for add on contracts to show up in account after closing and deed recorded. I closed 4/30 and it showed up in my account 5/19 and points added 5/21. Also I got an email from Disney welcoming me to DVC and also an autopay email (but already a member).
Thank you!!!

Home: CCV
Broker: http://resales.*******.com/
Title Company: Hayes Title
Offer made: 2/13/2021
Offer accepted: 2/14/2021
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/2021
Passed ROFR: 3/05/2021
Estoppel Received:3/20/2021
Closing docs received: 3/26/2021
Closing docs returned: 3/30/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: 4/12/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/18/2021
Points in account: 5/20/2021

About 94 days total

Hopefully anyone reading this finds the following information handy.
Disney did not even acknowledge having transfer documents until 4-27-21, two weeks after recording, despite the Title company overnighting closing documents (presumably after deed recording). Then Disney took another 3 weeks after that.

Whatever is going on at Member Admin is not what world class companies do.

FINAL UPDATE!

Home: CCV
Broker: dvcresalemarket
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 2/24/21
Offer accepted: 2/25/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/26/21
Passed ROFR: 3/18/21
Estoppel Received: 4/15/21
Closing docs received: 4/15/21
Closing docs returned: 4/19/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 5/5/21
Closing: 5/6/21
Deed recorded:5/7/21
Membership created & contract showing: 5/22/21
Points in account: 5/24/21

89 days from offer to points in account. This one got hung up for a couple weeks because the sellers apparently owed Disney $ they had to get paid before closing could occur.

Here is a new question regarding closing times. How long as it taken for you guys for the sellers to get the closing documents back to the title company?

Home: BLT
Broker:
Title Company: ???
Offer made: 3/19/21
Offer accepted: 3/20/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/23/21
Passed ROFR: 4/15/21
Estoppel Received: ???
Closing docs received: 4/16/21
Closing docs returned: 4/16/21
Sellers closing docs returned: ???
Closing: 4/22/21
Deed recorded: 4/23/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/24/21

Total Days from Offer to Points: 66 Days

Overall a reasonable timeline, but 19 days to get an activation code and an additional 12 days to get the club ID number after multiple emails to Member Admin was a bit annoying. It was a big thrill to finally log in and we were able to book 2 nights to GFV & 3 nights to BLT at the end of June! Good luck to everyone going through the closing process.

Here is a new question regarding closing times. How long as it taken for you guys for the sellers to get the closing documents back to the title company?
Closing docs went out the 20th. Ours were fed ex’s overnight and received 21st. Sellers were returned today the 24th

Hopefully anyone reading this finds the following information handy.
Disney did not even acknowledge having transfer documents until 4-27-21, two weeks after recording, despite the Title company overnighting closing documents (presumably after deed recording). Then Disney took another 3 weeks after that.

Whatever is going on at Member Admin is not what world class companies do.

Its quite normal after deed recording to take 2-3 weeks to have Member Admin add the contract. I have 10+ resale contracts and they all took several weeks.

Home: BLT
Broker:
Title Company: ???
Offer made: 3/19/21
Offer accepted: 3/20/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/23/21
Passed ROFR: 4/15/21
Estoppel Received: ???
Closing docs received: 4/16/21
Closing docs returned: 4/16/21
Sellers closing docs returned: ???
Closing: 4/22/21
Deed recorded: 4/23/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/24/21

Total Days from Offer to Points: 66 Days

Overall a reasonable timeline, but 19 days to get an activation code and an additional 12 days to get the club ID number after multiple emails to Member Admin was a bit annoying. It was a big thrill to finally log in and we were able to book 2 nights to GFV & 3 nights to BLT at the end of June! Good luck to everyone going through the closing process.
Your timeframe from passing ROFR to receiving closing documents shows that it is probably the closing company that causes the delay for most from passing ROFR to receiving closing documents ,not waiting on Estoppel.
Did you leave the broker out because of being banned? And also the closing company? I did not think any closing companies were banned? I would bet it starts with a M.

Your timeframe from passing ROFR to receiving closing documents shows that it is probably the closing company that causes the delay for most from passing ROFR to receiving closing documents ,not waiting on Estoppel.
Did you leave the broker out because of being banned? And also the closing company? I did not think any closing companies were banned? I would bet it starts with a M.

It would not let me post the broker link, but it was one that BillBrasky posted a couple hours ago. We worked with Jeffery Sweet for closing, wasn't sure if that was the same as "title company"

It would not let me post the broker link, but it was one that BillBrasky posted a couple hours ago. We worked with Jeffery Sweet for closing, wasn't sure if that was the same as "title company"
Yes , Jeffery Sweet is closing agent(company) and that would have been my second guess. In fact after i posted , I thought I should go back and edit to add JS but you beat me to it.

Just be aware that your recorded deed is not always the date your paperwork is sent to Disney. I closed on the 20, yet my paperwork wasn't sent until the 24 (and only after I asked once again if everything was done.). This is a very slow process all around. I think some people get lucky, but you're looking at almost 90 days from start to close. In the future, I'll look for contracts with bankable points because by the time you get them allocated it'll be difficult to use them because of limited availability.

Just be aware that your recorded deed is not always the date your paperwork is sent to Disney. I closed on the 20, yet my paperwork wasn't sent until the 24 (and only after I asked once again if everything was done.). This is a very slow process all around. I think some people get lucky, but you're looking at almost 90 days from start to close. In the future, I'll look for contracts with bankable points because by the time you get them allocated it'll be difficult to use them because of limited availability.
I would be curious to see the total time for a resale contract average from offer to points loaded.
My 1st resale contract was 90 days, but I am curious to see what my 2nd resale contract will be if it passes ROFR.
I wish there was a page like the ROFR thread that was updated like it to get an idea.

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/11/2021
Offer accepted: 4/11/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/14/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/07/2021
Estoppel received: 5/25/2021
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing Date:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points on Account:

Home: BWV
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 3/25/21
Offer accepted: 3/25/2021
Sent to ROFR: 3/25/2021
Passed ROFR: 4/20/2021
Estoppel Received: ??
Closing docs received: 5/3/2021
Closing docs returned: 5/3/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: 5/10/2021
Closing: 5/12/2021
Deed recorded: 5/12/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 5/25/21 (had to email after receiving activation email but no club ID)
Points in account:

It really depends on who your Title Co is. I have used various Title Co, but always found Mason to be the quickest by far.

Halfway there... Waiting on Estoppel and Closing Docs...

Home: CCV@WL
Broker: www.dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 4/19/2021
Offer accepted: 4/19/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/19/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/14/2021
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: CCV
Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 4/26/2021
Offer accepted: 4/26/2021
Sent to ROFR: 5/3/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/24/2021
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Originally was a delayed closing. The seller has notified they no longer need a delayed closing.. not sure how that’s going to effect my time line.

- Broker did say estoppels are running very slow. (Upto 6 weeks)

Originally was a delayed closing. The seller has notified they no longer need a delayed closing.. not sure how that’s going to effect my time line.
Man, I'm seeing more of these lately. I'm in the same delayed closing situation, with the "not before" date being 10/12. With my luck, it will be every minute of that, plus a few days due to some delay somewhere after the contract sits in limbo for 5 months. Ugh :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter