• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

HOME RUN!

Yesterday, I couldn't get a chat CM to help me. I couldn't even get as far as being put on hold when I called Member Services! I just got the "all of our agents are assisting other members, please call again later." Repeatedly.

Today, I set an alarm to go off 15 minutes before they opened the phone lines. I timed my first call from connect to the "Sorry we're closed" message. Then set a second alarm for 1 minute before the phone lines opened. Connected right away!

Member Services Agent Kara was super kind and helpful. She called another department to help me get points loaded and book 5 of my 7 requested dates and waitlist the other two.

It'll be at Saratoga as everything was pretty booked, but I'm still really excited. If my other two waitlist dates don't pan out, I'll begrudgingly split stay in a cash room.

Update

Home: Boardwalk Villas
Broker: **********
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 3/16/21
Offer accepted: 3/16/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/17/21
ADDENDUM: 4/1/21
Passed ROFR: 4/30/21
Estoppel Received: 4/28/21
Closing docs received: 5/02/21
Closing docs returned: 4/6/21
Sellers closing docs returned:?
Closing: 5/17/21
Deed recorded: ...
Contract Showing on Membership: 5/26/21
Points in account: ... 5/27/21

Total from offer to points: 72 days!
11 days after deed recorded to membership created is a new record it think 😊 with how slow it’s been lately.

Update:

Home Resort: OKW
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 04/19/2021
Offer accepted: 04/19/2021
Sent to ROFR: 04/21/2021
Passed ROFR: 05/10/2021
Closing docs received: 5/26/2021
Closing docs returned: 5/26/2021
Seller’s closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:
Interesting. Same broker/title co. for me and same ROFR date, but no estoppel when I checked a few days ago with Magic Vacation Title. Hopefully, mine isn't too far behind yours.

Last edited:
Interesting. Same broker/title co. for me and same ROFR date, but no estoppel when I checked a few days ago with Magic Vacation Title. Hopefully, mine isn't too far behind yours.
Fingers crossed! There seems to be zero rhyme and even less reason to when things get done in this process.

Me too. Same broker and title companies and same ROFR date, I've been checking every other day since last week... no estoppel either. Hoping for some news tomorrow or beginning of next week...

Home Resort: HHI
Broker: https://www.****************.com/dvc-resale-experts-listings/
Offer made: 5/6
Offer accepted: 5/6
Sent to ROFR: 5/7
Passed ROFR: 5/28
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Are most people finding they need to email for a member I.D. if they're new members? Just wondering if I should fire off an email as soon as my activation email arrives.

Me too. Same broker and title companies and same ROFR date, I've been checking every other day since last week... no estoppel either. Hoping for some news tomorrow or beginning of next week...
Is there a way to see when estoppel was received? Other than asking the title company?

Home: BWV
Broker: www.**********.com
Offer made: 5/6/21
Offer accepted: 5/6/21
Sent to ROFR: 5/6/21
Passed ROFR: 5/28/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home: AKV
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 2/26/21
Offer accepted: 2/27/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/5/2021
Passed ROFR: 3/29/2021
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received: 4/2/2021
Closing docs returned: 4/2/2021 (check sent 5/24/2021)
Sellers closing docs returned: 5/28/2021
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

*found out 4/1 that closing will be delayed until end of May due to an undisclosed existing reservation* We were on track for a super-fast transaction!

5/28 - I haven't hesitated to email and ask for updates. I was successful in getting the $195 admin fee covered by Fidelity/Seller (I don't care who pays it, as long as it isn't me). Knowing the existing reservation ends on Memorial Day, I returned final paperwork & check on Monday and seller confirmed sending closing docs via FedEx today. Hopefully by Tuesday we can actually start moving forward again.

Update:
Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/11/2021
Offer accepted: 4/11/2021
Sent to ROFR: 4/14/2021
Passed ROFR: 5/07/2021
Estoppel received: 5/25/2021
Closing docs received: 5/26/2021
Closing docs returned: 5/28/2021
Seller closing docs returned:
Closing Date:
Deed recorded:
Points on Account:

Not that I know of... I e-mail the title company every other day now, but I feel like the anxious kid in the car... Are we there yet? 🙄
Is there a way to see when estoppel was received? Other than asking the title company?
I emailed my broker. I worked with www.DVCResaleMarket.com and their admin department notified me that our estoppel was received and they would have closing docs out by the end of the week. This was Tuesday and I received my closing docs Wednesday.

I have been trying to post my closing timeline however I keep getting an error. Anyone have insight? This is what it says:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I have been trying to post my closing timeline however I keep getting an error. Anyone have insight? This is what it says:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Check this:

I had the same problem. In order to post links you should have at least 10 posts and the ones on DVC thread don’t count. I went to the test thread and upped my post count there.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/u...t-count-please.3571551/page-591#post-62961808

11 days after deed recorded to membership created is a new record it think 😊 with how slow it’s been lately.

I really pushed it because I panicked.

We were already planning on being there on a particular week in November - reserved rooms and tickets already before deciding to buy resale. With having offered and accepted back in March, and having to sign an addendum, things were resolving after the 7 month mark. And when I looked, availability was next to nil.

So I called (after trying to do this via chat, and calling several times) and kindly asked if they could help me out. And they sprinkled the pixie dust!

If there wasn't a time and availability crunch, I would have just waited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter