Closest nice, family beach to WDW

inlovewithWDW

Earning My Ears
My DH hates the thought of going to Florida without seeing the ocean. Does anyone know where the closest beach is? I've heard Daytona is nice. Is there anything better or closer?

One summer when traveling to Disney, we decided to split our stay between Orlando and Daytona Beach in August. When we visited Daytona we found it to be a very nice, pleasant, and relaxing place.

Contrary to what I think a lot of people believe about Daytona being a commercially driven 'year- round' party spot; we actually found it instead to be quiet, laid back, and loaded with lots of families with children playing all along the sand/in water. When we were there, the atmosphere was very family-oriented and serene during our entire stay.

We visited their famous boardwalk, gift shops, collected seashells all along the beach, and visited several restaurants. The drive was problem free; about an hour and half. There are also a wide variety of hotel choices so you will definitely find several places (whether its' a condo, villa or hotel room) that fit your price range as well as have the amenities you want or need.

A website that might be useful to you is www.daytonabeach.com It has lots of info. about accomodations, various activities, attractions, and restaurants.

We had a great family beach vacation at Daytona and I would recommend it to anyone. I hope you enjoy your vacation whatever you decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter