(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only 2 rooms on the 14th floor with a King bed are TPV rooms. My husband and I stayed in one last month, we have also stayed on the 12th floor. In my opinion, I would stay on the 12th floor, reason being is I could hear the family next door when we stayed on the 14th and in order to see the castle and fireworks from your room on the 14th you have to go out on the balcony and look right. On the 12th floor we were able to lay on the bed and watch the fireworks (can't remember if it was odd or even rooms you could do this with) and I found the rooms quieter. There was nothing wrong with the 14th floor we just really preferred the 12th.

Our pin code was available only for the 14th floor so that's where we'll be, but that's bad news about the noise as we are light sleepers. Anybody know if fans or white-noise machines are available to drown out sounds from adjacent rooms? That's something I will talk to the IPO about.

Our pin code was available only for the 14th floor so that's where we'll be, but that's bad news about the noise as we are light sleepers. Anybody know if fans or white-noise machines are available to drown out sounds from adjacent rooms? That's something I will talk to the IPO about.

I have a little travel sound machine that I take with us on each trip. Noise from other rooms is always a potential issue. I remember when we stayed at the Grand Floridian in 2008 and the people in the room next to us must've had a very young baby with them because it cried ALL through the night every night! Ever since then I always take my little portable/travel machine! :)

Does anyone know how long it takes to take the boat from the Contemporary to Fort Wilderness for the HDDR?

Our confirmation for the CR Tower Club this April doesn't specify a booking code--simply "Standard Room-King-Club Level." Because the TPV was important to me, I wanted to make sure that we were indeed booked in the Tower Club and not the Atrium Club, so I called, and was told that we were in fact on the Tower Club level. Maybe we don't have a booking code because we are room only--but I would sure feel better if we had one! I take my TPV seriously! Just a little nervous about arriving and finding we do NOT have a TPV after all.
That's right, you have to ask the WDTC CM on the phone to verify the booking code. I never understood why Atrium Club level is stated on the reservation, but Tower Club is referred to as Standard Room Club Level.

We just got back from our stay at BLT. We were in rooms 7326 (standard view 1bedroom villa) and 7328 (standard studio). It doesn't look like you have pictures of those views. When I figure out how, I'll upload some pictures. The rooms themselves looked just like all the pictures I've already seen so I won't upload those. But we could see the castle and the fireworks nightly!
Welcome back and thanks!

I haven't had a chance to read through, but I am joining. We decided to move from AKL to CR Tower Room Theme Park View. It was a difference of $16.00 so really a no brainer. Can't wait to watch MK fireworks from my balcony. So very excited!!
Welcome and Jambo! Let us know if you have questions.

Last summer we stayed at POR and they have an amazing room assigner who accepts faxes and emails. I have allergy issues and he worked with us to make sure the room was deep cleaned prior to our arrival. Do they have anyone like this that I could speak to at BLT? Thanks!!
I believe POR is the only resort left that accepts faxes. Best to note your request in your reservation and ask the CM on the phone if they can contact whomever would do the special cleaning to have it noted in their records as well. I don't know the exact process, but I believe that there is a contact number for allergen-related special cleanings that the CM would know about.

So unfortunately Std view BLT is booked out for our dates :(

Am wondering what I should request for lake view…i don't want to be up too big with three kids…can I request lower floor and what is the view when I do that?? is it the same lake view as being up higher???

thanks in advance
Yes, just request "lowest floor" and keep checking for a Standard View villa.

I'm going to put a link in the ROOM section to your great photos.

any suggestions for lake view requests?? my daughter would love to see the monorail, is that an option??
We were in 7634, a LV One-Bedroom that is an outer villa that faces the marina and CR and to the right is the monorail. More view photos HERE.

IMG_2193.jpg

DVC resorts do not accept faxes. You can add any requests to your reservation.
:thumbsup2

With lake view, you'll be on at least the sixth floor if I remember correctly. The lower floors are standard view.
Thank you.

Princess, you can find detailed BLT view information HERE.

Hi,
We are thinking of staying here in the fall and love the idea of walking to MK.

Can anyone tell me where you can refill your drink mugs? If we book the garden wing, do you have to go into the tower to refill them?

Do the elevators take awhile in tower? I haven't stayed here since I was little and my mom remembers it taking awhile. Also, was wondering how CL is here? We loved CL at the Poly.

Also, does anyone know if the quick service, Contempo will make grill cheese for kids? We have found some of the quick service will make it.

Thanks!
Welcome! If you are staying at CR, you can refill your mug at the Contempo Cafe QS on the 4th floor of the Tower. There isn't any dining/refills in the Garden Wing. Sometimes the elevators can take a while in the Tower, but they have made improvements in their operation last year. CC doesn't have grilled cheese on the menu, but maybe you can order a cheeseburger minus meat? JK. You order at a kiosk, so you would have to skip the kiosk and ask either at the check-out or best to ask at the grill which is behind the dessert case.

Does anyone know how long it takes to take the boat from the Contemporary to Fort Wilderness for the HDDR?
The Blue Flag boat goes to WL first, then on to FW. I would est. about 15 minutes travel time then about 5 minutes from the FW dock to Pioneer Hall:

IMG_0090-1.jpg

I'm going to put a link in the ROOM section to your great photos

I have all kinds of weird pictures that I took when I was there over the years, such as the door locks on the patio doors, depth of the swimming pool and other things. If there is something you want for the page let me know and I can look and see if I have a picture :-)

I have all kinds of weird pictures that I took when I was there over the years, such as the door locks on the patio doors, depth of the swimming pool and other things. If there is something you want for the page let me know and I can look and see if I have a picture :-)
I have both of those in the BLT and CR sections, but thank you. I never remember to open the daybed to take photos and you rarely come across photos of the CR daybeds open, so thank you!

I do that too, haha!! During our last stay at POR my husband looked at me like I was crazy when I was taking pictures of the AV connections on the TV! I said, 'someone on the DIS might ask about it and I'll have a picture so I don't forget!'

I do that too, haha!! During our last stay at POR my husband looked at me like I was crazy when I was taking pictures of the AV connections on the TV! I said, 'someone on the DIS might ask about it and I'll have a picture so I don't forget!'
This sounds too familiar. Our DH's have no idea how starved for minutiae DISers are:rotfl:. I think they think we're the only ones who care that Fantasia has….Dibs?!

IMG_2315.jpg

We use an app on our phones for white noise when traveling.

I have a little travel sound machine that I take with us on each trip. Noise from other rooms is always a potential issue. I remember when we stayed at the Grand Floridian in 2008 and the people in the room next to us must've had a very young baby with them because it cried ALL through the night every night! Ever since then I always take my little portable/travel machine! :)

What brand is your little noise machine? I had no idea that this sort of thing existed and definitely want to investigate. I would gladly free up room in my suitcase to block out noise from other rooms!

What brand is your little noise machine? I had no idea that this sort of thing existed and definitely want to investigate. I would gladly free up room in my suitcase to block out noise from other rooms!

We use two different types... This first one we use at home... We have three, one in each bedroom. Perfect sound levels and last a long time... We've had these about three years with no issues... http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-Dohm-DS-Speed-Sound-Conditioner/dp/B000KUHFGM

This one we bought for our camper... It's a little smaller... Has 6 different "sounds" and can run off batteries (when we dry camp)... The volume on this guy can really be cranked up too (campers are not very sound proof)... http://www.amazon.com/Marsona-DS-60...qid=1392555905&sr=1-30&keywords=Sound+machine.... Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We use two different types... This first one we use at home... We have three, one in each bedroom. Perfect sound levels and last a long time... We've had these about three years with no issues... http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-Dohm-DS-Speed-Sound-Conditioner/dp/B000KUHFGM

We have this and LOVE it! We have one at home that we use every night and a second one we use for travel. It works wonders. We have had both of ours for around 7-8 years and still going strong.

Once, we forgot to pack our sound machine (OH! the horrors....) and DH downloaded a "sleep machine" app to his phone. He liked it but I did not(kids didn't care). I laid in bed hearing the "repeat" in the sound simulation over and over and over... DH said I was nuts and he could not hear the mechanical repeats. SO...if you are "nuts" like me, you will not like the sleep app:rotfl2: I say go for the Marpac! You WILL become addicted;)

WDWKOOK, I've changed our dates from what's posted on the first page. As great as 7 days in the Atruim Club sounds I felt the need to break up our stay. We're GF RPC now Aug 17-21 and CR TPV "only" Aug 21 - 24. Have never stayed CR before and looking forward to it very much. Can't wait to see MK from our balcony. Thanks!

Just saw that Fantsia Market seems to have a large selection of groceries. Any need to order from one of the grocery delivery services? Prices looked reasonable as well. Just need milk, sandwich and snack stuff anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter