Cindy's Help???

newscick27

Mouseketeer
Ok, tomorrow is my first day to try and get ps for Cindys... good grief I feel like a kid back in school before a big test. Anyway... I've read all the posts and they say after the operator says the word "understand" hit 1,1.... I called today with a question and well she doesnt say understand.. I tried hitting 1,1 to see what happens and well I still got all the prompts.. Is there a different message first thing in the morning? Help??? I tried reading the tip page on the Cindy's thread but it won't load... any information would be appreciated...

Thanks

Laura
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I would do another test run... or go up to the sticky thread and print out the "script" that is read... Maybe in the morning when there is a high volume of calls does the script say that... I'm not sure what to tell you because the last 2 days I have called at 6:59 am the message has pretty much (ok, exactly) followed the script.

Good Luck...!!!

They don't say 'understand' anymore. I don't know exactly what they say instead because my husband called for our Cindy's PS, but he was waiting for them to say 'understand' and got confused cause they didn't say it. He listened to the message and pressed 1 for "if you live in Orlando..." and then 1 for the other prompt and then a CM answered the phone and we got our PS for 4/19!

Thank you justhat,
I appreciate your input and what a beautiful little girl!!! Shes a real sweetie.

I now know what they mean by the sticky, but when I open it, it's blank, if someone could repost it Iwould be really grateful..

Thanks!!!

Thanks newscick!

I'm not sure if this is the info you wanted, but here is the suggested advice in teh sticky thread:

Diznut84 said:
Here you go!

After reading a bunch of threads and getting some helpful (but occasionally conflicting) advice, I decided to write a quick "help sheet" for others who are doing the same.

Here is the process I recommend:

1) Determine the date that you can make your Cindy's reservation. Go to the DIS Priority Seating calculator and verify the earliest calling date for the dates that you can attend (90 days prior). Realize that there is a VERY good chance that you will be unsuccessful if you only try once. So plan on getting a PS for early in your trip and if you get it, GREAT. If you don't, you can still try the next morning.

2) Have your credit card ready. Disney now requires a credit card guarantee of $10 per adult and $5 per child. The deposit is refundable if you cancel at least 48 hours prior to your reservation.

3) You should only make reservations using the (407) 939-3463 number. The (800) numbers used for Annual Passholders and other services sometimes have delays (as much as 12 seconds) that will seriously hinder your ability to get a Cindy's PS.

4) Syncronize your clock. Go to the official U.S. time clock for great results. I have DSL at home, so I leave the official U.S. clock up on my screen while calling.

5) Get up and 'at 'em! Begin calling at about 6:58am Eastern time. Plan on calling 10-15 times during this two minute period. The range seems to be picking up between 6:58:30am and 6:59:30am. Some people have successfully tried and used multiple phones to get through.

Please note that there are two possible greetings:
a) Thank you for calling Walt Disney World. Our office is closed... (hang up immediately as soon as you hear the words "Our office" and hit redial immediately).
or
b) Thank you for calling Disney dining. At this time, we are experiencing very high call volume. If you have already arrived for your Magical Walt Disney World Vacation, you may visit any resort or theme park Guest Services location, or the podium at any Walt Disney World restaurant to make your dining Priority Seating arrangements. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Once you hear option b, you're in and on hold! Do NOT hang up or you may lose any chance of a ressie! Please note that you cannot select any options while this message is being read. You must wait until the word "understanding" is completed.

After this passage is read (i.e. immediately after the word "understanding" is read), immediately hit the number "1" key twice on your phone.

Here are the options that you are skipping:
If you are calling to make a Priority Seating for Victoria and Alberts at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, please press 2. If not, press 1.

If you are calling from the Orlando area, or to make a reservation for within the next seven days, please press 1. If you are calling to make a reservation for your upcoming trip, press 2.

I don't recommend that you select #2 in the second option because if you select it, you will then be asked to give additional information (i.e. how long it has been since you last visited WDW, how many times you have been to WDW in the past four years, your telephone and/or reservation #). You don't have time for these options, so select #1 as directed above to skip them. After hitting the number "1" key twice on your phone pad as described above, the following line will be read:

Thank you for your time and patience. All of our representatives are currently assisting other guests. We look forward to speaking with you momentarily.

Again, do NOT hang up. Wait for the next available CM. You are almost there! Cross your fingers AND toes!

6) Upon speaking to a "live person", interrupt the CM and blurt out "I need Cindy's, for **insert date**, for x people, any available time". The CRO rep will understand your temporary rudeness, and you'll make up for it later with endless amounts of gratitude... Don't try and pick a specific time. Any delays will seriously hinder your ability to get a PS.

7) Be sure to write down your time and PS #. If your PS is before the park opening, you'll have to present your PS# to get into the park.

Please note that if you can't get a PS for Cinderella's Royal Table, another excellent character breakfast is the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot!

Have any editorial suggestion? Please share!

Good luck to you all!

Another thing to note is that they did not say "Thank you for your patience..." to my husband either, which also threw him off. Instead there was silence after he pressed 1 the 2nd time and he thought he was disconnected and almost hung up (gasp!) when a CM got on and said "Good morning..." So you may not hear that part either. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what was said and he's on call tonight so I can't ask him till around 7pm tomorrow, but hopefully this will help a little. Good luck with the PS!

Last Wed I called starting at 6:55 . I kept redialing till it didnt have the msg about not being open THis for me happened right at 7:00 .THen as soon as they stop talking press 1 and 1. It will put you into sequence playing music.
Stay online and then wait patiently. I did and at 7:10 they answered I interrupted said a reservation for cindy .. she said May 3rd at 10:55 .. yes fine I will take it. I asked her if I had she told me yes but she had a few questions for me and it was booked. I told her how it was our first time and I was so thrilled to get it. ( I was crying ) I thought at 7:10 I had no chance for cindys but would book the psb .
Good LUck
Diane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter