Cinderella's Table

SamIAm21

Mickey's #1 Fan
I really can't believe they are going to charge MORE money for CRT during peak holiday periods vs. off peak time periods. Are the meals going to be better, different, more elaborate, etc.? Or is it merely the same meal only they are charging more because it's during a peak time period? This seems a bit over the top!

It's pure and simple economics... I wish more of us can vote with our wallets, but we'll be at CRT on 12/26! Even at the increased prices, Disney is hedging their bets (well more like analyzed) that the increased prices will not decrease the demand. This will be our first Christmas holiday at WDW, but I doubt there is anything "enhanced" to justify the price increase.

I really find that sort of sad that they would do this to their customers. Disney has no problem filling these spots and the parks are already uber-crowded during these peak periods. Why do they feel the need to squeeze every last dollar out of people.

It really seems very Scroogey doesn't it??

I really find that sort of sad that they would do this to their customers. Disney has no problem filling these spots and the parks are already uber-crowded during these peak periods. Why do they feel the need to squeeze every last dollar out of people.

It really seems very Scroogey doesn't it??

That´s exactly why they do it. They know they won´t have a problem filling the restaurant even though they increase the prices.

I really don't like that Disney is doing this. It's like with charging extra for their resort rooms on the weekends, which is why I'm taking a twelve-night trip in 2008 instead of a fourteen-night one. So instead of me paying the regular rate all week, they'll be losing my money for two days. I won't pay those insane prices for CRT either.

Is it really just the "same ol' stuff" for a higher price? When I read about the increase in prices during "peak holiday" times at places like CRT and Chef Mickeys, I was sure they would add something special!

Am I correct in thinking it won't affect those with the dinning plan, just make it more worth your money.

After eating at CRT last year, we will not be back. The food is not worth the two meal ticket cost. The food has gone downhill. The little five minute show with the fairy godmother and the mice is cute, but it is truly not worth the extra money.

CRT is having a permanent price increase on November 11 and then 'holiday' pricing around Thanksgiving and Christmastime.:sad2:

Cinderella's Castle Character Meal Price Increases -

Effective November 11, 2007 (permanent):
Breakfast A - $32.99; C - $22.99
Lunch A- $35.99; C - $23.99
Dinner A - $40.99; C - $25.99

Holiday pricing in effect November 18-24 and December 16 thru Jan 5:
Breakfast A - $36.99; C - $24.99
Lunch A - $39.99; C - $25.99
Dinner A - $44.99; C - $27.99

It's almost as if Disney is saying, We know you want to eat here because it's special and you want your kids to have this special moment, so we can pretty much charge whatever we want. The food can be mediocre, and yet you'll pay!!!!

lead.jpg

I find "taking advantage of the loyal customer just because they can" a little hard to swallow. They don't provide anything more, but hey, so what, like the above poster stated, some people still think its worth it.

I think I'll just head over to Akershus for my next Princess fix!

Glad we were able to experience it a week ago....now we've had our fix of it and we can move on LOL While I enjoyed those blueberry things I think I can live without them for 32.00!!!

Yet dining in The Castle is something everyone should do-at least once! :wizard:

Agree with lynn...eating in the palace at least once is definitely an event...and when I have a little daughter I can share that with, I will gladly do so regardless of price.

To borrow the phrase from Lord Beckett in POTC 3, "It's just good business."

:rotfl2:

Someone wrote about voting with wallets...don't we already do that? By simply choosing not to visit, we vote. The fact remains, they will sell the restaurant out regardless of price.

Sorry, but I'm with the good business (profitability) on this one.:woohoo:

Yet dining in The Castle is something everyone should do-at least once! :wizard:

Is this really true?

I'm heading to Disney in January. I'm taking my 21 and 13 yo daughters (I haven't decoded the DH, DS, DD stuff, yet except that I think it means 'husband', 'son', and 'daughter' - I don't get the extra 'D' unless it means 'Dear').

Anyway, my first instinct was, "oh, that would be cool to eat in the castle." Much like it was to eat at the Blue Bayou years ago.

I loved the Blue Bayou (Disneyland) because it was good food, in a a really neat setting, and fairly quiet. It was a really neat way to have a relaxing meal. There were no characters bouncing about (this was 10 years ago).

From pictures of the CRT I thought it'd be the same. Then I see these little girls dressing up as princesses (I really don't get that at all - apparently it's popular) for it and that there's the Character dining deal plus the word on the boards is that it's expensive and fairly crappy food (people paying $50/plate (when all is said and done) and then reporting that they didn't finish it and their kids barely touched it - that's pretty bad) and looking for something to eat afterwards.

In my mind, eating in the castle looks like it should be an elegant experience with good food.

I really get the feeling (and I haven't done it yet - these are just my impressions from what I've seen) that it's like having Hooter's girls serve you at Ruth's Chris (just using this example to illustrate the contrast of elegant dining and the character meals). Ruth's Chris is it's own thing (well known upscale dining). Hooters is it's own thing (beers, wings, watching the game). It'd be very odd to combine them.

Am I wrong in any of this? It really seems like it'd be really cool and I'm still on the fence about it.

Basically, I just don't want to blow $150, walk away hungry and think, "Wow - I just spent a bunch of money to not eat dinner (food being bad) in a nice room with a bunch of screaming kids and some intrusive (not meaning the characters would be constantly bothering me but more like they just don't belong in the setting - like a Hooters girl bringing me mine steak at Ruth's Chris - I hope I'm getting what I'm trying to say across here) characters."

I thought it was way cooler years ago when you'd happen upon the characters roaming about the park instead of having to meet them at some dining experience or in some line to get your picture taken with them.

Agree with lynn...eating in the palace at least once is definitely an event...and when I have a little daughter I can share that with, I will gladly do so regardless of price.

To borrow the phrase from Lord Beckett in POTC 3, "It's just good business."

:rotfl2:

Someone wrote about voting with wallets...don't we already do that? By simply choosing not to visit, we vote. The fact remains, they will sell the restaurant out regardless of price.

Sorry, but I'm with the good business (profitability) on this one.:woohoo:

So, it doesn't bother you that they raised the prices even more during the holiday periods, but they also raised everyday prices with little or no change to what they are actually giving you? Also that they've already raised the ticket prices this year and the average menu prices have gone up at all restaurants. It doesn't bother you that they have basically cut the benefits of the dining plan, are taking the gratuity out of your pocket (if you use the dining plan that is) and there was a recent announcement of the average costs of souveniers going up due to the current lead paint debacle. The change in the room reservation policy is also making the cost of staying at a WDW far more expensive. I'm sorry, but the only thing I hear from Disney these days is GIMME MORE and it sounds about as bad as when Britney sang it on the VMA.

I'm all for making a profit, but the only people getting wealthy are the shareholders. If you are a shareholder, you have an expectation of profit, but that profit is going to be made off our backs.

It's getting harder and harder to feel the magic. I think WDW is pricing me right out of the market.

not been a great investment over the last few years.

Frankly, if you look at most travel related industries you'll see increases in prices. Most of the increase is due to the companies now having some pricing power because occupancy rates have been increasing. In the early 2000's the economy was bad and many travel businesses were unable to raise prices to reflect rising costs.

What Disney is doing is no different than any other company. When my children were too young for school, I could head to the beach the third week of August for about 60% of what it cost the first week. Schools went into session and demand decreased.

What will be interesting to see is if Disney continues with holiday pricing in the future. If Disney sees a drop in demand, then they have the option of discontinuing or reducing the increase.

What will be interesting to see is if Disney continues with holiday pricing in the future. If Disney sees a drop in demand, then they have the option of discontinuing or reducing the increase.

People seem to get eclipsed by the 'magic' portion of it all. It's a business.

I've got no beef with them raising or lowering prices in response to demand.

The only way I see this working against them is if it becomes such an elite place to go that 'regular folks' no longer hold an interest. Not 'boycotting' - just that they couldn't relate to it. This could represent a problem in secondary markets (Disney clothing, plush dolls, baby products, TV advertising on the Disney channel, movie theaters, etc.)

Kind of like the NFL. It's so expensive to go to a game that your average joe is probably unlikely to take his kid. The stadiums fill up ok with people but then maybe the team isn't getting that secondary income from jerseys, helmets, official footballs, towels, t-shirts, etc, that would have added up to more than what ticket-receipts to a particular game were worth. You're also cutting off a generation of people that would otherwise grow up with your product ( the kid not going is further unlikely to take his kids when he gets older).

Disney sort of hosed themselves by producing second-rate movies and direct to DVD movies. It used to be that if you went to a Disney movie you were going to get quality entertainment. They sold themselves short for a number of years (a good decade or more) and now Disney films are worse than other like-studios (Dreamworks being a good example). Pixar still produces good stuff, but your general Disney animation has tanked. So the result is that people will go to see Ratatouee (sp? - great flick - Pixar) or Shrek but, if they see 'Disney' on the label on it's own they can expect 'Home on the Range' or 'Meet the Robinsons' (ugh). You're no longer assured of a good movie from Disney before you go so it's more likely you'll skip.

We are going to CRT on Nov. 24th and the price was increase. Do I care? No ...I made up my mind that I want to eat in the castle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter