Cinderella Castle Makeover (March through Summer 2020)

Ahhh its just supposed to look like natural variations in the stones. Well I can live with that! I do think the gold is going to be lovely.
I'm a visual person, here's what I mean that each "brick" has a color. SO if they only do this technique and use the peach/pink color on some "bricks" then I think it'll look fine, just not all the castle with the same color
You can also see on the second level the wall is sort of peach/pinkish, so they will brighten that up

I'm a visual person, here's what I mean that each "brick" has a color. SO if they only do this technique and use the peach/pink color on some "bricks" then I think it'll look fine, just not all the castle with the same color
You can also see on the second level the wall is sort of peach/pinkish, so they will brighten that up
View attachment 477998
I like the idea of rendering each brick a little differently. I think that will be really nice.

View attachment 477998
When I said I didn't like the pink, I wasn't talking about the bottom. I actually never noticed that some of those bricks were pink in the drawing. The bottom of the castle looks nice. What I really dislike is that second level--that smooth pink wall. Yuck!

When I said I didn't like the pink, I wasn't talking about the bottom. I actually never noticed that some of those bricks were pink in the drawing. The bottom of the castle looks nice. What I really dislike is that second level--that smooth pink wall. Yuck!
I get that, i guess my point, which it seems i didn't explain properly, it's that it always has had a shade of peach/pink but it's muted and faded now so they're just brightening it up. You can ser the faded portion in the picture.
It's going to definitely look different than what everyone is used to. I'll reserve judgment until i see it

I get that, i guess my point, which it seems i didn't explain properly, it's that it always has had a shade of peach/pink but it's muted and faded now so they're just brightening it up. You can ser the faded portion in the picture.
It's going to definitely look different than what everyone is used to. I'll reserve judgment until i see it
Yeah, that’s crazy! I have several PP pics of us at the back of the castle from our first trip because I thought it was SO pretty and I’ve still never noticed it was that color! Maybe it’ll look better than we’re fearing. No matter what, at least there’s no Stitch involved.

I honestly have never noticed the pink wall. I actually thought maybe they had already done something in your picture. I didn't realize it was an old picture. I guess I'm just used to the muted pink to the point I haven't noticed it. I'm still worried about how pink the makeover will be. But I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I am not really one to say that all construction/maintenance should be hidden at all times from guests - just not practical in many cases. I have plenty of family castle shots from the larger crane in the background from a few years ago when they were opting to do the castle lights addition/removal during the day. But that's an interesting choice of "show" in my opinion.

Although on the other hand I'd rather them do the work with some haste - those pics alone show how faded the spires are at the moment.

No win situation.

I am not really one to say that all construction/maintenance should be hidden at all times from guests - just not practical in many cases. I have plenty of family castle shots from the larger crane in the background from a few years ago when they were opting to do the castle lights addition/removal during the day. But that's an interesting choice of "show" in my opinion.

Although on the other hand I'd rather them do the work with some haste - those pics alone show how faded the spires are at the moment.

No win situation.
I agree, and I can tell you there were like 2 people per basket up there painting. I think they are trying to finish this as quickly as possible, The Mickey's Friendship Faire show has been moved to only 3 performances in the evening to maximize the time they can be up there painting, not that they couldn't continue during the show but I'm assuming the cranes will come down around 5pm every evening

I would rather see cranes than covering the entire castle in scrim. It was very disappointing to not be able to see any of Sleeping Beauty Castle in California last April. At least Cinderella's Castle is visible.

I hope we see some pictures from tonight’s fireworks show. I’m guessing the cranes go down by then but it’s good to make sure.

I hope we see some pictures from tonight’s fireworks show. I’m guessing the cranes go down by then but it’s good to make sure.
Icould be wrong but the cranes can't be up when the fireworks show is going, it's a fire and safety hazard due to fireworks fallout

Just wondering 🤔if anybody knows are the orange cranes currently refurbing Cinderella Castle still visible of an evening.... do they come down at a certain time daily? Just curious what to expect forwhen we go in May ...

Thanks in advance ☺

And once the crane for the remodel is no longer needed it will be about time for the holiday decoration crane to appear. It is likely a feature to get used to.
I don't use Twitter but I do believe the crane has it's own twitter handle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter