• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Shopping 2010

ACK! My five year old just declared today that he wants the Kinect. We don't have an XBox, so I'd need the whole deal. I guess I'll be setting up an alert thing. What do I need if I want to get this thing???

ETA, he seems to want the Kinectimals game. Is that hard to find?

Around here there are plenty of these.... Either in the bundle with the Kinect or sold seperately.

ACK! My five year old just declared today that he wants the Kinect. We don't have an XBox, so I'd need the whole deal. I guess I'll be setting up an alert thing. What do I need if I want to get this thing???

If you don't have an Xbox, your least expensive way in to the fray is to get an Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect. You can always upgrade the amount of local space you have on the Xbox (hence, the 4GB... its just like saying how much space you have on your computer) at a later date if you find its too small. Which, your probably will at some point. But the 4GB is the cheapest way to get into it.

It comes with Kinect Adventures. Which, is good, but, not either the Dance game or Kinectimals. Both of those games are pretty easy to come by however since there is no additional hardware for the games other than the DVD itself. So, they are in mass production.

Yesterday was a VERY good day for Xbox 360 / Kinect alerts. I'm sure today will probably be another good one. Looks like a bunch of stock came in.

The most hard to get is the Kinect by itself. Of course, the 4GB with Kinect is next hardest because it is the cheapest way in. So, just know that going into it :)

But, it's certainly not impossible at this point by any means.

Around here there are plenty of these.... Either in the bundle with the Kinect or sold seperately.

Yea.. its really seems to be very area specific. I have been to one Walmart on the opposite end of town... Plenty to be had. The Target close to the house... nowhere to be found.

I was at the mall when it opened yesterday so ds12 could do his Christmas shopping. I couldn't believe how easy it was to move around when we arrived, the parking lot was slightly full, and there weren't many people in the stores. We were ready to leave by noon, and by that time there were enough people to fight over the parking space we were leaving :eek:

Anyway, we did pretty well, saving at least 25% everywhere we shopped. There still seem to be plenty of sales available...which is good, since dh and ds will shop for me next weekend ;)

Maria :upsidedow

Nope, they are easy to find around here. We ordered DS the "Limited Edition" version from TRU that comes with a stuffed cheetah and a couple of bonus somethings for the game (levels, moves, accessories??)

They have a similar one at Gamestop but the plushie is a blue tiger.

Okay, all you June shoppers. I am now envious. My only problem with early shopping is that my brain cannot be creative enough until i'm under pressure to produce.

For that reason, I believe that all shopping must occur between Thanskgiving and December 10th. After December 10th, you might risk paying extra to receive an all-important item by Christmas.

So, it's fast and furious for me. But It's also compact. No thought of shopping other than those two crucial weeks. And most of it happens online using coupons and price comparison sites to get the best deals.

Is this weeks ToysRus B1G1 free sale only for DS games? Does this include Wii games too?

Also, I'm on the hunt for fingerless gloves for DD. Any suggestions on where to look for these?

Is this weeks ToysRus B1G1 free sale only for DS games? Does this include Wii games too?

Also, I'm on the hunt for fingerless gloves for DD. Any suggestions on where to look for these?

It is for all video games Wii, Xbox, DS and the Kinnect Games I ordered some online and was able to mix and match them also.

I got my dd ones from Justice.They had a bunch of colors and they had ones with the mitten piece that goes over the fingers too.

Christmas is coming soon ,and it's time to enjoy lot and o the christmas shopping . i like do shopping pnline where we usually buy everything in good rate ,recently o buy branded showes and clothe for my baby.

I bought this for DD6 today. It was on sale for $10 plus free shipping!

http://www.disneystore.com/dolls-toys-toddler-belle-doll-16/mp/1275914/1000259/

It's a Belle Toddler Doll :)

Thanks ~ I ordered Jasmine for DD *her favorite princess and hard to find in doll form *other than Barbie size* and Belle for my soon to be niece Belle *she's almost 3, I'll see her a couple days after C-mas when I visit my fiance *he and his niece + the rest of his family live in England.

Ok so my daughter asked for the GoGo My walking pup and I picked it up on sale. Yesterday she sees a commercial for a new dog that you wave a bone and it "stands up" and she really wants that one instead. I did not see the comercial so I am going off an almost 6yr olds account....anyone have any ideas what it is??

Ok so my daughter asked for the GoGo My walking pup and I picked it up on sale. Yesterday she sees a commercial for a new dog that you wave a bone and it "stands up" and she really wants that one instead. I did not see the comercial so I am going off an almost 6yr olds account....anyone have any ideas what it is??

It's MGA Rescue Pets Train And Play Puppy

We are actually going to do a hands on with that in the next few days!

I'll let you know what I think if I get to it before you do ;)

It's selling pretty well too... and it looks like they are ramping up the advertising campaign.

The ... did-it-just-do-that part on the commercial is very catchy too. Not a immediately memorable toy name (you can attest to that!), but, you know the toy and so does everyone else when you mention what it does!

edit : or maybe not? i noticed you didnt mention the bone going out the other end... not sure what made me think that the first time i saw this :)

I have no idea what I'm going to do!

Every year I buy my dad something from this same collection. I go into my local Hallmark store today, and they are all out! :scared1: they said the other one in my city is out also :scared1::scared1::scared1:

here's the link

It won't let me order it online either (not even at full price!) :sad1: I don't know what to do....

Any suggestion DISers?

Every year I buy my dad something from this same collection. I go into my local Hallmark store today, and they are all out! :scared1: they said the other one in my city is out also :scared1::scared1::scared1:

here's the link

It won't let me order it online either (not even at full price!) :sad1: I don't know what to do....

Any suggestion DISers?

Does anyone like Hallmark sell it online direct? I found the usual suspect links on Amazon and Ebay, but those are 2x.

There are places that I know where you can set a price limit on things at amazon and get alerts when they match your price.

But, I doubt someone will be putting it up for $15, ($30, yea which there are a few of now) but, you could at least get alerted on it in the strange event it does happen.

You would just want to be watching for "third" party sellers on amazon when you setup the alert.

Other than that, I guess use the power of the Internet and have people call their local stores and see if they can't help you out! But, even then, by the time shipping, taxes, etc come into play...

It might be close to that $30 mark. Guess it depends on how much people want for shipping on third party Amazon.

Here's the amazon link :

http://www.amazon.com/Trimming-Tree-Snowman-Techno-Plush/dp/B004BSA77S

(again, that will be all 3rd party though)

Well I was finally able to find the Zhu Zhu Princess Carriage today so my DD7 is finished up! I also picked up my DD10 a jewelry box, watch and nail polish kit. Now I need to pick up a gift for my office dirty Santa party.

I'm finally finished with all my shopping (and wrapping). I went WAY overboard again this year. I think it's because I shop early, then after Thanksgiving with DD really gets geared up and maked her actual list, I feel like I have to get a few things she actually asks Santa for and I end up spending more money. WAY too easy to do with an only child too. UGH.

But, I'm excited about Cmas this year since I am redoing my bedroom (at DH's request). I have bought everything....bedding (even new pillows), window treatments, wall decor (yes, our bedroom has been neglected since moving in 1.5 years ago) and my parents are coming to help me get it all together next weekend before DH comes home for the holidays (he works out of town most of the month). Santa is also bringing the the family a Wii. That was going to sort of be it other than a few other little things for DD, but then the grill that DH has had his eye on forever went on sale the day of Thanksgiving, so my dad went and got that for me (DH already knows about it since it's in our garage.....it was so heavy dad needed help getting it out of the truck after the Lowe's guys loaded it). Then DD got on this AG doll kick and it's the ONLY thing she asked Santa for. I have so struggled with this because she has never played with a baby doll in her life (they sit neglected in her room or in the attic), so I showed her some of the OG dolls online at Target and she liked the ballerina one because she dances too and she has brown hair. So I bought that and am going to take her out of the box and if she actually plays her and continues with this AG thing, then we'll upgrade at some point. She actually has said she is saving her allowance to go to the AG store in NYC and buy it herself (daddy is in NY a lot)....works for me, good goal to have.

I'M excited for Cmas day cause I'm getting a Nook and can't WAIT. I've been researching these ereaders like crazy and finally made a decision and dropped a HUGE hint to DH and so I know that's coming.....he actually said he thought I was leaning toward the Kindle and I threw him a loop with the Nook. As a man, he's dense, so I just need to tell him what I want or I end up with a bunch a gift cards because he's scared to just buy me something :lmao:

Baking starts tomorrow for DD's dance teachers, dance office staff and school staff and then end of the week for teacher and bus driver :).

Bring on Christmas!

I'm ready for Christmas too! Almost finished with the shopping. I will be doing lots of baking this week too for 2 different parties at work! I finished wrapping all of the kids gifts last night. Will just have to wrap the few things I have left to buy. I'm going to the mall monday with the girls to buy bath and body gift sets for my aunt and cousin.

Where is everyone else? Shopping? :santa:

here's the link

Any suggestion DISers?

I just bought one of the snowman on Thrusday and there was a boat load left at my Hallmark(In NJ). Did you ask if they could have one sent from another store?......not sure they do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter