Choosing resale- which resort?

slwprincess

Earning My Ears
Thanks for the replies below. Now I'm wondering if my mom buys a resale- which resort? My inlaws are at OKW. I do love it there. The size and layout are the best IMO. But we also like the idea of BLT- being so close to MK. AK is too far from everything and the annual dues are highest. What about the others? Any particular reason why one is better/worse than another. If you were buying in now, which resort would you choose?

here is an old but still useful thread for more info about choosing a home resort.

AK...the annual dues are highest.

not accurate BTW, unless you are only considering BLT and OKW as alternatives. here are the numbers from the DVC resource thread:

Year OKW VB(s) VB HH - BWV VWL -BCV SSR AKV -BLT VGC AHV(s) AHV
2013 5.34 5.79 7.40 6.02 5.84 5.79 5.64 4.81 5.67 4.50 4.58 4.70 6.25

VB, HH and AHV (aulani) are higher, but they are offsite resorts. BWV and VWL are both higher and BCV is basically the same - all are also older resorts and expire in 2042 while AKV continues until 2057.

Choose where you will be happy. Higher cost to get into your favorite resort will be worth it in the long run.

We seem to be an anomaly on this board, but we like all the DVC resorts for different reasons so we don't really mind where we stay (certain trips we may prefer a particular resort but if we can't get it we are fine elsewhere) which is why we own most of our points at SSR. Cheaper cost per point and lower annual dues. If you definitely want a particular resort most of the time, then I would buy there.

We own at AK and OKW, and are happy with both. The dues are higher at AK, but the points per night make up alot of difference. OKW and AK both seem to be more on the quite side. BLT has MK and BCV and BWV have Epcot, SSR has DTD. It all comes down to where you would like to stay. AT the 7 month window some of the resorts are hard to get into, if you travel at busy time of the year. Good Luck.

We like the epcot resorts the best. Able to walk to two parks (EPCOT, HOLYWOOD). Love SAB at BC, and Standard Rooms at Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter