Chlorinated Water - Many Adventures of Curious George

Brandilovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I searched for this answer but I couldn't find it anywhere and I don't know what the Florida regulations are on water in theme parks. Does anyone know if the water used in the Many Adventures of Curious George is chlorinated or just recycled? My son had tubes put in his ears and the only time he can have his head submerged in water (or poured over his head) is if it's chlorinated. I know he would love this section of the park so I don't want him to even see it unless he can go in it.
Thanks so much!:goodvibes

I searched for this answer but I couldn't find it anywhere and I don't know what the Florida regulations are on water in theme parks. Does anyone know if the water used in the Many Adventures of Curious George is chlorinated or just recycled? My son had tubes put in his ears and the only time he can have his head submerged in water (or poured over his head) is if it's chlorinated. I know he would love this section of the park so I don't want him to even see it unless he can go in it.
Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Not sure of the answer to this -- but I know that in Disney, the water on Splash Mountain and at least some of the other rides isn't chlorinated. They use something else (I forget what, but it's supposed to have the same effect without the smell)... so be careful there as well if the water has to be specifically chlorinated.

I don't know how to answer this either but I would think there is something like Chlorine in the water and not just recycled. I don't know who would know the answer to this question.

Not sure of the answer to this -- but I know that in Disney, the water on Splash Mountain and at least some of the other rides isn't chlorinated. They use something else (I forget what, but it's supposed to have the same effect without the smell)... so be careful there as well if the water has to be specifically chlorinated.

Bromine is what you are thinking of

Thanks so much everyone!!! I just wanted to make sure there was something in the water to kill the bacteria so his ears don't get infected.:thumbsup2

Yep, that's what our spa is treated with. Our pool is treated with chlorine though.:thumbsup2

Thats because Bromine is more stable in high heat than chlorine.You can actually use Bromine in your pool too, though I haven't since mine is salt water

My guess is that it has to be treated with something. There is a LOT of water in that area with kids playing ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter