Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

So I've convinced my DSis's to consider some restaurant options other than BOG, 1900, and CM because, my gosh :crowded:, there are just no openings! I've sold them on the idea of going to Mama Melrose and Kona Cafe, which adds more to my watch list, but hey, more choices mean more chances of snagging an ADR. ;) I managed to get a back-up dinner ressie at CMC for our DHS day; and we've decided to skip Fantasmic in favor of the Osbourne Lights, so timing isn't as important for that dinner. However, on our MK days, I want to stay in or near the park as much as possible because there is no way in heck I'm missing Wishes! :sad2:

Well, those are my sorrows and woes :blush:. Here's hoping for some pixie dust for everyone! :wizard:

Btw, I've noticed that a lot of the World Showcase restaurants show up with available times. No adventurous eaters, perhaps? :p

So I've convinced my DSis's to consider some restaurant options other than BOG, 1900, and CM because, my gosh :crowded:, there are just no openings! I've sold them on the idea of going to Mama Melrose and Kona Cafe, which adds more to my watch list, but hey, more choices mean more chances of snagging an ADR. ;) I managed to get a back-up dinner ressie at CMC for our DHS day; and we've decided to skip Fantasmic in favor of the Osbourne Lights, so timing isn't as important for that dinner. However, on our MK days, I want to stay in or near the park as much as possible because there is no way in heck I'm missing Wishes! :sad2:

Well, those are my sorrows and woes :blush:. Here's hoping for some pixie dust for everyone! :wizard:

Btw, I've noticed that a lot of the World Showcase restaurants show up with available times. No adventurous eaters, perhaps? :p

I think it's good you talked your DSis's into some alternatives! Then you can have more options to search for and if one of the harder-to-get ADRs pop up you can always grab it and cancel your 2nd choice.

November really is ridiculous! I'm convinced something has got to give at some point - maybe after the 30 day mark? Increased attendance at the parks and FD I think cause some of the difficulty with ADRs. Then what I think fuels more ADR hoarding is people book tons of ADRs waiting to see what FPs they end up getting. I was reading another thread today where someone was saying they knew of someone who booked an ADR every 2 hours for every day they were at WDW. Plus, add to it the popularity of the paid search options for ADRs then it just ends up being crazy to try to book anything. However, the hoarders can't keep all their reservations so once they decide what they want and cancel the rest HOPEFULLY there will be more options!

Good luck with your searches and make sure to follow the November cancelled ADR thread!

You can very easily get food from a CS in MK - if TS is your priority though you can take a fairly quick walk to contemporary for the wave, or as Loveshak stated watch the November cancel thread as well as check often esp at the 60 day mark and 45 day mark for cancelations

So has anyone else noticed that all of a sudden it seems like they are allowing people to make ADRs at 7:00 PM on Halloween and Christmas Party nights? Why are they doing that all of a sudden? Obviously, they won't be taking part in the party festivities since they will be in a restaurant eating but I don't think I'm a fan of this as someone who paid the extra $74/person to attend this party.

Okay, so I take that back. I just looked at the threads about those ADRs during the holiday parties and apparently if you make an ADR at that time you have to have a party ticket. I'm sure people will try to get around the system so hopefully the CMs are all consistent and don't allow those people in if they don't have a party ticket since apparently there is a clear warning before booking the ADR.

Okay, so I take that back. I just looked at the threads about those ADRs during the holiday parties and apparently if you make an ADR at that time you have to have a party ticket. I'm sure people will try to get around the system so hopefully the CMs are all consistent and don't allow those people in if they don't have a party ticket since apparently there is a clear warning before booking the ADR.

I have been trying for a late ADR like that during mvmcp and I have the party tickets. It having any luck. Which restaurant did you see that have the availability?

On another note, I see a problem with what you said too. What if someone has the day pass and book a late ADR like for 7pm. Would they be turned away from the restaurant since it's technically party time?

I'm at MK on a party day and BOG at least still only allows you to book until 6:00 p.m. I'm still going back and forth on if we want to do the party or not. If BOG took ADRs until 7:00 and I was able to get that time slot I would definitely do the party. That would give us time to get to our pre-park opening ADR, hit the rides for a few hours, go back to the resort to relax, and then come back around 5:00 with our party tickets and stay until midnight.

I've read the CMs are pretty good at getting people out of the park. I read one thread where a family didn't know it was a party night and they were trying to leave and I guess got harassed by CMs all the way out of the park - LOL! Poor guy! I wouldn't mind the ADRs until 7:00 other than the people trying to leave and the people trying to come in has got to be hectic and that would just extend the time for people to leave and increase the length of that "hecticness" for lack of a better word!

I have been trying for a late ADR like that during mvmcp and I have the party tickets. It having any luck. Which restaurant did you see that have the availability?

On another note, I see a problem with what you said too. What if someone has the day pass and book a late ADR like for 7pm. Would they be turned away from the restaurant since it's technically party time?

Yeah, how does the ADR system enforce that? Does something pop-up and say "You can only book this 7:00p ADR with a special event ticket"? Some people don't pay attention to the party schedule and may not realize it when they book their dinner that they need the special event ticket...talk about making people mad! LOL!

Sorry I was wrong and it looks like they only added some before MNSSHP not MVMCP but I'm sure they will soon.

Sorry I was wrong and it looks like they only added some before MNSSHP not MVMCP but I'm sure they will soon.

Thanks for the heads up though!! I just called the dining line thinking maybe ADRs on party nights might be available by calling only. The CM said that they just opened up some for MNSSHP during the party times. I asked her if they show up online and how do they block people without a ticket from reserving a time during the time when you need an event ticket. She said they do show up online and that it does say that you have to have a special event ticket to get into the park for the reservation. Now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I can get a 7:00 spot for our day! Then it will seal the deal for us on whether we do the party or not! Woo-hoo!

Yeah, how does the ADR system enforce that? Does something pop-up and say "You can only book this 7:00p ADR with a special event ticket"? Some people don't pay attention to the party schedule and may not realize it when they book their dinner that they need the special event ticket...talk about making people mad! LOL!

I tried to book a BOG for 7:00 on 10/31 so I could see how clear the warning is and it could be very easily missed. It just shows up on the very last page right before you reserve at the top with a little triangle next to it and says something along the lines of this ADR takes place during a special ticketed event please make sure all members of your party have a ticket to this event before booking this reservation. I'm sure tons of people will miss it and then be angry when they get there. I think if they were going to start doing this they should have set the system up to recognize if you have party tickets in your MDE and not allow you to book if you don't. Although, I guess if you called and ordered your tickets maybe they wouldn't be in MDE unless you linked them yourself. I bought mine online so mine were there right away.

Sorry to jump topics but did anyone also see that they added a Hallo-Wishes dessert party on MNSSHP nights as well? I'm assuming they will add one for MVMCP as well but I'm torn about if I would want it if they do.

I tried to book a BOG for 7:00 on 10/31 so I could see how clear the warning is and it could be very easily missed. It just shows up on the very last page right before you reserve at the top with a little triangle next to it and says something along the lines of this ADR takes place during a special ticketed event please make sure all members of your party have a ticket to this event before booking this reservation. I'm sure tons of people will miss it and then be angry when they get there. I think if they were going to start doing this they should have set the system up to recognize if you have party tickets in your MDE and not allow you to book if you don't. Although, I guess if you called and ordered your tickets maybe they wouldn't be in MDE unless you linked them yourself. I bought mine online so mine were there right away.

Were there still ADRs showing when you looked for 7:00 on 10/31? I am so happy you shared this with us so I can be on the lookout for extended times for my day.

That is annoying about the small triangle. I would think they would do a pop up that says "This reservation is during a special event - you need a ticket to get in - click to accept" and then they can reserve. I probably won't get tickets until the times get extended and I get an ADR so I'm not sure about linking the tickets in MDE - LOL! Although, I hope this doesn't increase attendance at parties for people deciding the party is worth it if they can get a BOG or CRT dinner!

Sorry to jump topics but did anyone also see that they added a Hallo-Wishes dessert party on MNSSHP nights as well? I'm assuming they will add one for MVMCP as well but I'm torn about if I would want it if they do.

I did see that! I would imagine if seats get reserved quickly they'll extend it to the MVMCP events!

Were there still ADRs showing when you looked for 7:00 on 10/31? I am so happy you shared this with us so I can be on the lookout for extended times for my day.

That is annoying about the small triangle. I would think they would do a pop up that says "This reservation is during a special event - you need a ticket to get in - click to accept" and then they can reserve. I probably won't get tickets until the times get extended and I get an ADR so I'm not sure about linking the tickets in MDE - LOL! Although, I hope this doesn't increase attendance at parties for people deciding the party is worth it if they can get a BOG or CRT dinner!

Yes, for BOG and CRT there is still availability right now. If you have scout I would say add a search for the night you think you might want to go to the party that way you know right away. I hope it doesn't increase attendance either!

No no no! Not another thing to obsess about. Lol. :sad2:

Thanks for the heads up though!! I just called the dining line thinking maybe ADRs on party nights might be available by calling only. The CM said that they just opened up some for MNSSHP during the party times. I asked her if they show up online and how do they block people without a ticket from reserving a time during the time when you need an event ticket. She said they do show up online and that it does say that you have to have a special event ticket to get into the park for the reservation. Now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I can get a 7:00 spot for our day! Then it will seal the deal for us on whether we do the party or not! Woo-hoo!

Thanks for calling. Now I'm going to be obsessively stalking the ressie page for any 7pm ADR. I also added scouts for 7pm CRT and BOG.

Thanks. I was able to see them. If you check by times it does not show up, but if you search "dinner" , it does. I just can't decide if I want to waste party time on dinner!

I then went back to book, and totally did not see the message regarding needing the special event ticket. I have one, so no big deal, but I bet a lot of people book, not seeing that!

Last edited:
Thanks. I was able to see them. If you check by times it does not show up, but if you search "dinner" , it does. I just can't decide if I want to waste party time on dinner!

I then went back to book, and totally did not see the message regarding needing the special event ticket. I have one, so no big deal, but I bet a lot of people book, not seeing that!

You are seeing times before MVMCP?

That may frustrate a lot of people!

I say party time vs eating time is a hard choice and depends on if you plan on making it to midnight or if with younger ones you plan on leaving a little earlier? We are two adults and will stay until midnight and so an hour won't be a big deal for us. But $75 is a lot to waste an hour eating...so tough decisions!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter