Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

That may frustrate a lot of people!

I say party time vs eating time is a hard choice and depends on if you plan on making it to midnight or if with younger ones you plan on leaving a little earlier? We are two adults and will stay until midnight and so an hour won't be a big deal for us. But $75 is a lot to waste an hour eating...so tough decisions!

Yeah I doubt it if we make it to midnight! I have a 2 year old. We are planning on a late nap that day, but we will see!

Yes. Where are you looking for and how many people?

Oh, I already have a BOG around 4 before the party starts and I don't want to waste party time eating. I just saw 7:00 PM ADR times before MNSSHP but checked several MVMCP dates and didn't see the same availability so I was thinking they hadn't released those times yet.

Is it just me or is Hollywood & Vine unbookable for dinner anymore once Minnie's Holiday Dine starts?

Last week I was trying to book at random times, hoping to luck into an 11/13 dinner but they've completely removed the dinner option now from H&V (at least for early November).

As it is now, even if a Holiday Dine opens up, unless it's with the F! package, I couldn't book it if I wanted to. :confused3

I hope that's the case.

I'm getting desperate for a BOG dinner that I'm now considering paying for buddy ($16 since I have 2 nights open for it) even though I have scout searching for it. Talk some sense into me please.

I would stick with Scout. I was trying for Via Napoli for 5 and Tusker breakfast for 5 for this Friday. I managed to get both this week. Tusker at the same time that we had an ADR for 4. Since then they had a prepark ADR that was available for almost a day. Most people are not thinking about their ADRs right now.

Is it just me or is Hollywood & Vine unbookable for dinner anymore once Minnie's Holiday Dine starts?

Last week I was trying to book at random times, hoping to luck into an 11/13 dinner but they've completely removed the dinner option now from H&V (at least for early November).

As it is now, even if a Holiday Dine opens up, unless it's with the F! package, I couldn't book it if I wanted to. :confused3
It's been that way for a while. I'm not sure what the deal is. There were no ADRs to be had there for a long time, then they opened up availability for regular ADRs before they released Minnie's Holiday Dine. I thought they were holding back for those, but apparently not.

How long should you allow for dinner at CRT? I was able to get a reservation for our night at MNSSHP, but not 100% I want to use party time for that.

How long should you allow for dinner at CRT? I was able to get a reservation for our night at MNSSHP, but not 100% I want to use party time for that.

I've not eaten at CRT but I've read it can be an hour+ with the Princess interaction. Did you get a time before 7:00 or right at 7:00? I would think a 6:30 or 7:00-ish timeframe would be fine. If you look at the party schedule, it looks like most events happen multiple times throughout the night. So I would think you could still hit the big attractions at later times, but you'd have to decide if you could get everything else in between when you'd finish dinner and leave the park. As well, as how long you think the kids can last through the evening. https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-guide/

If its after party time, I would say less than an hour as I doubt many will want to spend party time in a restaurant. Prior to party time, it may be an hour or even a little more as people may be going as late as they can get ADRs for (those with AND without party tickets) and they do get backed up. We have a 4:00 ADR at the Plaza to get filled up, in and out and get the party started. =)

I'm becoming a little frustrated with Scout. I received my 4th notification in the last 24 hours this morning. Each one I have been right next to my phone and immediately proceeded to the booking page and the ADR was gone! Has anyone else had this happen frequently? Is there a time gap between them finding the ADR and the notification? I mean this is less than 2 minutes after I received the notification that it is unavailable!

This happened to me and I found that Scout was taking me to the main dining page, if I did a search for the date/time/location it came up for me.

I just cant believe the first week of November has the same 12 restaurants available for breakfast each day

Everything else is booked!!!!!!!

I'm becoming a little frustrated with Scout. I received my 4th notification in the last 24 hours this morning. Each one I have been right next to my phone and immediately proceeded to the booking page and the ADR was gone! Has anyone else had this happen frequently? Is there a time gap between them finding the ADR and the notification? I mean this is less than 2 minutes after I received the notification that it is unavailable!

In the past 2 weeks, I've tried to coordinate 2 people dropping a very popular ADR and was given the exact second they dropped it, and both times it never showed up as available. Either people are searching THAT much or they're not re-releasing some canceled ADRs for whatever reason.

This process is just ridiculous. Either the parks/restaurants are just going to be that crowded, or Disney really needs to get its act together. Or maybe both.

Anyone else getting a little bored with planning now? ;) Now that BOG breakfast, Minnie's dinner, etc. is over, and most of my ADRs are set, I can't really do much with touring plans until I reserve FP+ and now it feels like I have nothing to do! I've got Scout checking for better times on a couple things, but I haven't actually been on the Disney dining website in a while...crazy!

The only thing I've been thinking about lately is Christmas decorations for the room. I won't be paying the crazy Disney florist prices for a tree, but I also kind of want it to be a surprise for my mom and her friend (they will be grocery shopping while I stay with my daughter in the room, so I'm going to try to decorate then). But then I have to bring everything in my bag, or mail it to the resort...decisions, decisions... :)

Just waiting for the LTT reservations to (hopefully) open up. If that happens and I manage to get one the trip will be perfect...

Anyone else getting a little bored with planning now? ;) Now that BOG breakfast, Minnie's dinner, etc. is over, and most of my ADRs are set, I can't really do much with touring plans until I reserve FP+ and now it feels like I have nothing to do! I've got Scout checking for better times on a couple things, but I haven't actually been on the Disney dining website in a while...crazy!

The only thing I've been thinking about lately is Christmas decorations for the room. I won't be paying the crazy Disney florist prices for a tree, but I also kind of want it to be a surprise for my mom and her friend (they will be grocery shopping while I stay with my daughter in the room, so I'm going to try to decorate then). But then I have to bring everything in my bag, or mail it to the resort...decisions, decisions... :)
I'm the same. My ADRs are all booked and finalized so I'm kind of just sitting here in limbo waiting for my FP window to open. I guess we should be happy we can relax for a bit!! :)

I wish my dining was finalized. I still have 7 that I want to get better times if possible and of course I've missed 4 texts from Scout in the last week in a half because of my phone being on vibrate.

Ha I wish! I keep deciding to tweak reservations or something new comes up!

If its after party time, I would say less than an hour as I doubt many will want to spend party time in a restaurant. Prior to party time, it may be an hour or even a little more as people may be going as late as they can get ADRs for (those with AND without party tickets) and they do get backed up. We have a 4:00 ADR at the Plaza to get filled up, in and out and get the party started. =)

I got it for 7:05, which is towards the beginning of the party, but will take a good chunk of time out. I am going to keep looking for a different time/day, but for now that is all I got. My girls really want to eat there, so I am debating if its worth missing out on party time. Plus I doubt it we will make it until midnight because my youngest would become difficult. We are planning on being at MK that day, so during the party I want to focus on "party" things and not really rides and things that can be done some other day. We will be at MK that morning, go back for a nice long nap in late afternoon, and return for the party, and stay as long as the little one is in a good mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter