Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

HOLY CANOLI's!!!!!!!! I just searched a couple of days in the first week of November for a party of 5 for breakfast and there are only 3 restaurants with availability on 11/2 and 11/3
Boma
Trails End
WCC

Wowzers

We feel your pain on this thread! The ADRs are ridiculous, even for less traditionally popular reservations! Crazy! Good luck finding what you need!

Anxious to see if the parks are as crowded as the restaurants...

I so hope not!! Ugh!! This is our first November trip and the crowd calendars show lower crowds so I'll be a little annoyed if it's crazy when we get there. Hopefully not though!

yeah me too but usually the booked adr's are no indication of the park crowds

Fingers crossed!!! I can see how free dining makes the reservations harder to get, even if crowds aren't that bad...but I'm still nervous!

This will be our first time at wdw so I wanted to experience a BOG dinner. It's one of the last ADRs I want (need?). You're right, food will probably be better at other places but I want the experience more than anything.

We've been to WDW but never BOG...so I really want to try the dinner as well. It may not be amazing but I want to experience it to see and then can cross it off my list. Or really love it and want to go back again and again!

I hope not! If it is we're in trouble!! Lol! :scared:

I know!! Big trouble LOL!

I got it! My scout notified me again a half hour later! So I think it just never loaded online so I called and it was available! Yay!

NICE!!

We're going the middle of November, which is usually lower crowds, but it seems to be much busier this year.. Trying to get a Tusker House breakfast yet.
Our friends are looking for Ohana dinner. Hoping Dining Scout comes through!

Last edited:
We're going the middle of November, which is usually lower crowds, but it seems to be much busier this year.. Trying to get a Tusker House breakfast yet.
Our friends are looking for Ohana dinner. Hoping Dining Scout comes through!
Scout got me my 8am Tusker House breakfast for November 16th so hang in there!! It will happen for you I'm sure! :)

Last edited:
We were there Veterans Day week last year. MVMCP was actually disappointing due to the crowds. Crowd levels were really low around the same time in 2012. I'm hoping last year was a fluke and not a trend. We shall see!

On another note, I can't decide between Akershus and Garden Grill. Which should I pick?

We're going the middle of November, which is usually lower crowds, but it seems to be much busier this year.. Trying to get a Tusker House breakfast yet
Our friends are looking for Ohana dinner . Hoping Dining Scout comes through!

Good luck on your ADRs! I'm hoping we all started early enough we'll eventually get our ADRs! Haha - maybe wishful thinking!

Can you please edit your post to remove specific dates. You can say timeframes and ADRs you are looking for, but the cancellation thread does not allow posts for 'wants' or 'trades.' The moderator will delete them and we have to follow the same rules here so we don get closed for trying to circumvent the rules on that thread - thanks!

Good luck on your ADRs! I'm hoping we all started early enough we'll eventually get our ADRs! Haha - maybe wishful thinking!

Can you please edit your post to remove specific dates. You can say timeframes and ADRs you are looking for, but the cancellation thread does not allow posts for 'wants' or 'trades.' The moderator will delete them and we have to follow the same rules here so we don get closed for trying to circumvent the rules on that thread - thanks!
Didn't realize :) all fixed!

We were there Veterans Day week last year. MVMCP was actually disappointing due to the crowds. Crowd levels were really low around the same time in 2012. I'm hoping last year was a fluke and not a trend. We shall see!

On another note, I can't decide between Akershus and Garden Grill. Which should I pick?

Hmmmm....tough call! Akershus gets great reviews but two totally different breakfasts. Did you look at the menu at Akershus? If the food and castle/princess theme seems fun I'd go that route.

We don't have kids but are doing CRT, just to finally mark it off our checklist. But personally the food at Akershus doesn't look as appealing to me. Garden Grill looks fun with the spinning restaurant and I love Chip and Dale!!

Plus, we are doing a pre-park opening and we'll be right there to jump on Soarin' first thing!!

Good luck deciding!

Didn't realize :) all fixed!

No problem!! I'm not a moderator but the moderator from the cancellation thread did check in on this thread early on, so trying to remind people of the rules on that thread!

Thanks for joining us here and hopefully you get your ADRs soon!

Hmmmm....tough call! Akershus gets great reviews but two totally different breakfasts. Did you look at the menu at Akershus? If the food and castle/princess theme seems fun I'd go that route.

We don't have kids but are doing CRT, just to finally mark it off our checklist. But personally the food at Akershus doesn't look as appealing to me. Garden Grill looks fun with the spinning restaurant and I love Chip and Dale!!

Plus, we are doing a pre-park opening and we'll be right there to jump on Soarin' first thing!!

Good luck deciding!

We did CRT last year and enjoyed it. This will be for a late lunch. Menu looks good at both. We have 2 boys, but they still like princesses :) we are also doing Tusker House and Minnies, so the only different characters at GG are Chip and Dale. So tough to decide!

We did CRT last year and enjoyed it. This will be for a late lunch. Menu looks good at both. We have 2 boys, but they still like princesses :) we are also doing Tusker House and Minnies, so the only different characters at GG are Chip and Dale. So tough to decide!

Oh that is tough! I haven't personally done either...I'm sure my last post was pretty state-the-obvious LOL!

I love that your boys like the princesses! Since you have a character meal with TH maybe Akershus?! Really helpful right!

I hope that was a fluke. We're going around the same time and also doing mvmcp. My DH doesn't like Disney because of the crowds and I finally talked him into going to one of the "low" crowd week according to other websites' predictor. He'll never go again if it's very crowded.

I hope that was a fluke. We're going around the same time and also doing mvmcp. My DH doesn't like Disney because of the crowds and I finally talked him into going to one of the "low" crowd week according to other websites' predictor. He'll never go again if it's very crowded.

That is my exact situation! My DH likes Disney but hates, hates, hates crowds! So we used to go at the end of January but in January 2013 it was packed with big tour groups. So...now we are trying the week before Thanksgiving to see if we have better luck! I'm getting nervous though. Crowd calendars still shows 2's and 3's for the days that week that we plan on being in parks so we shall see! Good luck to us right?! LOL!

That is my exact situation! My DH likes Disney but hates, hates, hates crowds! So we used to go at the end of January but in January 2013 it was packed with big tour groups. So...now we are trying the week before Thanksgiving to see if we have better luck! I'm getting nervous though. Crowd calendars still shows 2's and 3's for the days that week that we plan on being in parks so we shall see! Good luck to us right?! LOL!

Yup, still keeping my fingers crossed that the predictors are right. How fluid is that crowd predictor anyway? Do they update it often or was it predicted last year and never updated?

Yup, still keeping my fingers crossed that the predictors are right. How fluid is that crowd predictor anyway? Do they update it often or was it predicted last year and never updated?

I don't think easywdw changes much but TouringPlans definitely adjusts. I've already gotten one email readjusting the crowd predictions for November...I'll PM you tonight when I can ho back and look at what that email changed.

I don't think easywdw changes much but TouringPlans definitely adjusts. I've already gotten one email readjusting the crowd predictions for November...I'll PM you tonight when I can ho back and look at what that email changed.

I didn't get an email from them. I paid for the subscription last week and used the discount code you posted. Thanks for the PM. In the meantime, I'll go to their website and figure out how to get email updates.

We went last year 11/16-11/24 and are heading back this year 11/11-11/20. Last year was our first family trip and my first time back since the millennium. We got free dining last year and this year.

1. Seemed like less free dining offered this year. Packages went way faster
2. Dining was just as tough last year to get. I didn't see a lot open at the 45 day mark but the week or so before the trip lots opened up. I was able to snag BOG, CRT etc leading up to trip
3. I didn't have a lot to base it on but parks were certainly not dead. AK was fine, I think the longest the safari wait went up to was 15 min all day. But we went on a freezing day so that could have kept people away. MK seemed the most crowded even on MVMCP days. Waits for JC and POTC were up to 45 minutes. HS was busy but i think it always is since it has so few attractions. Epcot wasn't bad, especially with FW over.
4. This year we planned getting there early because we were able to experience what high crowds truly are the Sunday before thanksgiving! I looked back on the week and it really wasn't bad at all. Go at rope drop and use FP wisely. Yes the resorts are full but there won't be as many off site people.

We went last year 11/16-11/24 and are heading back this year 11/11-11/20. Last year was our first family trip and my first time back since the millennium. We got free dining last year and this year.
2. Dining was just as tough last year to get. I didn't see a lot open at the 45 day mark but the week or so before the trip lots opened up. I was able to snag BOG, CRT etc leading up to trip

I'm happy to hear this! I have everything I want right now but I'm hoping to move some times around and my scout has been pretty quiet this week. I also set up notifications for a week in September just to see what became available once those people hit their 60 day FP and 45 day full payment dates and I was so surprised that I didn't get many notifications so I was getting worried but you have given me renewed hope :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter